IGNORED

Threshold from Sierra Online

Bartsfam

I've been playing this one a lot lately, and I am hooked because I love space shooters like this.

However, what is up with the crappy graphics? Is there a technical reason for this?

IMO, Megamania and Demon Attack have much better graphics, and more vibrant colors, on the lesser performing 2600.

The animations are very herky jerky also. I wonder if this is a memory thing or lack of space? . If so, they could have done without the stupid cut scene at the end of every few waves of the mother ship refueling.

That all being said....I can't stop playing to see what happens next. I want to see what the next wave looks like.

Anyone ever make it to the end? Is there an end? Do you ever get an extra life ever?

I too love this game. First played it on an Apple II with a green monochrome monitor. The CV version is definitely a little different in how it feels to play. I do think it seems a little more jerky than when I played it on the Apple II, but then again that was a long long time ago and I may be completely off base.

Great game and I may just throw it up on the CV HSC this season just for a excuse to give it a good play again.

Congrats to rmaerz on getting to the end. What happens when you get there?

I'm not too sure there is an end but I did get it to repeat. I'm not sure how many mother ships that I got to but after the enclosed screen shot it starts to repeat at a faster level. I started on level one. All it says is Congratulations and then Thanks Ma.

Cool - thanks for the info. Although I love the game I'm not very good at it and am unlikely to ever see the end myself.

The last board has letters to shoot at...I forget if they spell "END" or "THRESHOLD" - I'm thinking the former. After that board it cycles back to the first but I don't think it increases difficulty.

Oh it definately gets harder. I have made it past that and everything gets faster which makes it a lot harder to not get hit. I think it is the repeat of the 2nd or 3rd screen that is just ridiculous and usually is the reason I don't get much further than that screen.

Oh it definately gets harder. I have made it past that and everything gets faster which makes it a lot harder to not get hit. I think it is the repeat of the 2nd or 3rd screen that is just ridiculous and usually is the reason I don't get much further than that screen.

OK my high is roughly 270K which only puts me a few screens in on the second go around. I guess you use up energy faster the farther you go?