IGNORED

Asking here cause this community is awesome

Dryfter

Really you guys? Your actually derailing a thread to console bash? It may be "Atariage" but that has not stopped anyone from discussing any classic console / computer here. All should feel welcome regardless of preference. It's one thing to favor a console but another to bash on someone else's preference. @Voltron, honestly, I really thought you we're pretty cool since joining, your behavior in this thread has changed that opinion. I suggest if you continue trolling in other threads about your NES hate (FYI I have no particular attachment to NES would say the same for 2600, Colecovision etc) you will soon find that it is not appreciated around here. Did a NES fall on your head as a child? Because I see no other reason for such irrational hate for it.

OK I tried. This is a community of people who collect and like a variety of consoles, It is immature to be bashing one over another, I like NES, Intellivision and the dozens of others in my collection. This type of fanboyish favoritism and hate of other consoles I would expect over at Gamefaqs or other lesser forums, sad to see it here. I'm out, have fun.

We're not trolling, these comments are in good fun, made with tongue firmly planted in cheek. They shouldn't be taken as seriously as you suggest.

Puerile perhaps, lame even, but certainly not intended to offend, I'm sure.

True, the thread got derailed, but its not the first one that gets steered into some strange direction along these parts, due to someone trying to be funny.

Everybody here likes to have fun and welcomes all sorts. It's unfortunately that you took the comments so personally. I'm sorry if I added to that, it wasn't intended.

I hope you reconsider and stick around; this group is full of cool and friendly people, really. :)

dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

Everybody here likes to have fun and welcomes all sorts. It's unfortunately that you took the comments so personally.

I hope you reconsider and stick around; this group of full of cool and friendly people.

dZ.

To be clear, I meant only I was leaving the thread, though I felt compelled to clear up the misunderstanding. You do not need to explain having fun or what this community is about, look at my profile, been here since 2006 and am on here pretty much daily, thing is, I did feel the videos was going over board, so I gave my opinion, it really is not the type of behavior I expect or I have come to expect in all my time here. I simply felt it had gone overboard, tried to get things back on track (in defense of the OP) and when that seemed to fail, decided to give up. While I initially took it as fun, by the time the vids started getting posted I really was feeling it was the type of crap I expect elsewhere and not here (my experience as a longtime member and frequent visitor) it is always easy to say "Oh it was all a joke and in good fun" BUT should I invade the next Intellivision related thread out of the blue, declare it is boring, garbage, start posting Intelliviision smashing videos? No, I would not do that EVEN if I believed it, but hey that's me. Believe me I've no intention of leaving lol. For the most part this forum really is above all others, I have been here since 2006 through thick and thin and generally and obviously love this community I will simply try to ignore and just leave threads where I think things have gotten out of hand.

@Dryfter sorry for my part in taking this thread off topic. I should never of bothered to attempt to get things back on track, :( obviously that made it worse. Hope you find what your looking for. ;)

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

For one who loves them all (Note the NES KO win in the sig, even though I do run the INTV HSC)... there is room for love for all... on NES, Contra, the Dragon Warrior series, Solomon's Key for starters are pure gold.) While the NES BurgerTime can't hold a candle to my lovely INTV BurgerTime!

So stop thrashing, or yes, we'll have to have a brotherhood meeting while locking voltron outside lol.

(PS - Destroying NES content just makes em more rare, and we DONT want that lol)

Actually, that's a brilliant idea! I'll go ask for the belly lint from a Neo Geo cartridge box and see how far I can run before capture :P

Again, I asked here because I deal with a number of people on this board on a regular basis and everyone is very nice. It's not meant as a cross board post or because I don't know where it "belongs". I know everyone collects for multiple systems so I figured I'd ask the people I like...

• Like 1

Sorry OldSchoolRetrogamer. That wasn't my intention to hijack the thread. But it sounds like thats what occured. I dont really troll other threads, once in a while I check out market place but I don't really look at the otehr consoles bc I dont collect them. As for the bashing of consoles vids we had intv bashing video here before. There was a vid posted of someone "beating" up there intv keyboard. But none of us took that serious, since it was just a youtube vid.

• 3 weeks later...