IGNORED

The NEW HSC 1.2 - Fast Food

Lauren Tyler

Oh shit Oyama's in! We're all done for.

Ha! Now we got both Brazilian bombers in, Oyama and Lid.

We could make an awesome team of players from this hsc. Go up against the hsc's of other websites like Retrocade. I don't know if there are any others, though. In fact, I just recently found out about retrocade's.

• Like 2

(...)

We could make an awesome team of players from this hsc. Go up against the hsc's of other websites like Retrocade. I don't know if there are any others, though. In fact, I just recently found out about retrocade's.

We really have a great team of players here in AtariAge.

When I was collecting high scores I found another great player. I knew him for his vast Atari knowledge but I had no clue he was that strong. I'm talking about Rom Hunter, the winner of the fourth season.

I was also surprised to see Spice Ware's scores because he's a very busy (and successfull) Atari programmer. :thumbsup:

Of course there are many others. I would highlight toymailman who won 3 HSC and the knock out HSC.

I didn't know Todd Rogers before checking his scores in the first HSC.

I think Oyama could improve his skills at that level if he really wants to...

It's great to play with everyone here. And I still didn't win a single round yet...

• Like 1

Finally got the hang of it. As mentioned prior by someone else, staying in the middle and moving up and down is the best option. I've found you can get into a good groove, quickly nabbing food above and below you. Another tip, use the slow food to your advantage later on, hiding in that row and picking off food up and down and then eating it at the last moment. Saves you a lot. You can pretty much stay in the middle row and just eat whatever comes towards you that isn't a purple pickle, moving up and down as you need to. That's the best way.

post-22322-0-67999300-1348373193_thumb.jpg

We really have a great team of players here in AtariAge.

Of course there are many others. I would highlight toymailman who won 3 HSC and the knock out HSC.

And ME. The destroyer! But yeah, we have some great players here. Oyama is known for slowly obliterating all, though there were a few games last time around he just didn't play. Toy is constantly breaking new records. I tend to have fairly high scores for the most part, provided I have enough time to play. But yeah, we trash pretty much every HSC group online. There's no comparison.

Thanks, Lid.

Isn't that the Mailman's record on retrocade? He'll be sure to wreak vengeance this week, then :twisted:

Yeah, that's me over there. I've submitted most of my scores over there if a game I've played is listed. Don't know if I'll have time for vengence, but I will at least get a score in. Daddy duty is quite busy with a 19 month old. Here's my boy helping to organize some toilet paper. :-D

post-10944-0-37712800-1348378947_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Yeah, that's me over there. I've submitted most of my scores over there if a game I've played is listed. Don't know if I'll have time for vengence, but I will at least get a score in. Daddy duty is quite busy with a 19 month old. Here's my boy helping to organize some toilet paper. :-D

post-10944-0-37712800-1348378947_thumb.jpg

You're busy allright :-D :-D :-D

We have two cats to organize our toilet paper, but they're neither as time-consuming nor as cute as your boy.

In an earlier post, Chuck D. Head mentioned being in a zen-like state while playing, and that's how I feel when the game's going well. I've been trying to think of tips for this game, but it's difficult to put into words. I've noticed that when I have wandering thoughts during the game, I start to screw up. So, I started to look at it as a type of mindfulness meditation.

The object of the meditation is simply the color purple. Gaze at the left side of the screen (you want to see the purple pickle as soon as possible to increase reaction time). Focus on this binary decision: "not-purple or purple?" If not purple, then stay. If purple, move up or down. (This eliminates time-wasting decisions about whether to get the higher point cheeseburger instead ot the green pickle. I don't worry about the points. As long as you're surviving, you'll be scoring).

Throughout this simple process, I apply some light attention to what enters my mind. As soon as a distracting thought appears, even if it's a thought about "strategy", I let it go and return full attention to the left side of the screen and the binary decision of purple/not-purple. This keeps my focus from slipping away, which seems to be the most important aspect of this game.

Enjoy!

• Like 3

Man, seriously, I was basically going insane by this point. You have to be a sheer lunatic to want to go any further. Problem is that I need to wait at least a day to want to sit down and try it again because it takes so long to get really high scores. That's a lot of sitting to go through. I wish the game had some sort of Easter Egg or incentive to go further. There's just no incentive, no point bonuses, nothing. Just eat and go. Anyway, over doubled my last score, so I'm happy with this at the moment. Yet again, an unfortunate series of tight purple pickle attacks too me out.

post-22322-0-14380200-1348444825_thumb.jpg