IGNORED

One step closer to 125

JasonlikesINTV

I just picked up Body Slam SP Wrestling CIB.

I'm now up to 114 CIB (117 incl loose carts) /125. Man, this is a slow climb to the top.

So now I know why Body Slam is such a pricey game (other than for it's rarity); it's pretty advanced for Intellivision. They really stepped up the game options on games like Slam Dunk, Body Slam, and Chip Shot. I never had any of these later games when I was a kid. I think we got the orig Intellivision around 1980, but tapered off after around 40 games or so. I really don't remember having any of the later games. I DO remember the console not working after a while and my parents saying that they went out of business. Funny stuff. Fortunately, they bought me an NES and a copy of Metroid to make up for it :-)

• Like 1

I'm now up to 114 CIB (117 incl loose carts) /125. Man, this is a slow climb to the top.

Hello Jason,

Good job !

You have to know we're very close. I can also say today I've got 116/125 CIB... And soon, I'll have 118/125 because I just bought 2 games I needed (but they're going to San Francisco and will be in France in a few weeks only)... FYI, I was "only" at 110/125 there are a few days but I did a very good trade with Cmart (thanks again!).

Which games do you need ?

Pascal

Edited by scalpel

Thanks, Everyone! You guys are so encouraging! :-D

Congrats Jason, what's the rest of the list look like? The usual suspects?

Hello Jason,

Good job !

You have to know we're very close. I can also say today I've got 116/125 CIB... And soon, I'll have 118/125 because I just bought 2 games I needed (but they're going to San Francisco and will be in France in a few weeks only)... FYI, I was "only" at 110/125 there are a few days but I did a very good trade with Cmart (thanks again!).

Which games do you need ?

Pascal

So here's the list: Congo Bongo, Fathom, LF1, LF2, Melody Blaster, Spiker, Stadium Mud Buggies, Super Cobra (have cart only), Triple Challenge (have cart only), Tutankham, World Series MLB.

The slowdown has given me some time to focus on variations and homebrews, though. I picked up a handful of French Canadian titles, a few CBS titles, the international (cream gatefold) Mission X, odd gatefolds (Vectron, Burgertime, Scooby Doo). I have all? of the homebrews since 2011 (10 from Intelligentvision and D2K). I have also been trying to complete the Intellivision, Inc titles (if anyone has some to trade, I can get an updated list). I have all 10 of the orig USA releases that came with full color manuals, including the most in boxes referencing the Keyboard Component (except for Math Fun....Hong Kong box). I'm only missing one of the Sears titles (Soccer).

I'm also trying to convert my core collection to the USA gatefolds (vs Intellivision, Inc) where applicable. I have the following in USA gatefolds:

Complete (14) Action Network, Complete (5) Space Network, Complete (5) Strategy Network, Complete (4) Intellivoice, Complete (4) Gaming Network, Complete Arcade (Vectron) Network, and 9/11 Sports Network (missing USA golf and USA Skiing). Also, my Math Fun and Word Fun are Hong Kong, so need those too.

I've put way too much time and money into this during the past year, but i'm happy with what I've accomplished...especially with box upgrading. I'll feel much better once I start unloading my CIB duplicates (mostly, but not all commons....lots of them). I know they aren't worth too much, but I'm hoping to find a creative way to maximize my returns. I have them sorted by condition, so I'll probably sell the nicer ones individually and bundle the worse ones with consoles.

Thanks again for all of the input, advice, and direction. I really do enjoy this (as crazy as it gets sometimes). I'm always looking for more sub-collections to work on, so if anyone has any ideas or sees anything that I missed let me know. Back to work ;)

So here's the list: Congo Bongo, Fathom, LF1, LF2, Melody Blaster, Spiker, Stadium Mud Buggies, Super Cobra (have cart only), Triple Challenge (have cart only), Tutankham, World Series MLB.

The slowdown has given me some time to focus on variations and homebrews, though. I picked up a handful of French Canadian titles, a few CBS titles, the international (cream gatefold) Mission X, odd gatefolds (Vectron, Burgertime, Scooby Doo). I have all? of the homebrews since 2011 (10 from Intelligentvision and D2K). I have also been trying to complete the Intellivision, Inc titles (if anyone has some to trade, I can get an updated list). I have all 10 of the orig USA releases that came with full color manuals, including the most in boxes referencing the Keyboard Component (except for Math Fun....Hong Kong box). I'm only missing one of the Sears titles (Soccer).

I'm also trying to convert my core collection to the USA gatefolds (vs Intellivision, Inc) where applicable. I have the following in USA gatefolds:

Complete (14) Action Network, Complete (5) Space Network, Complete (5) Strategy Network, Complete (4) Intellivoice, Complete (4) Gaming Network, Complete Arcade (Vectron) Network, and 9/11 Sports Network (missing USA golf and USA Skiing). Also, my Math Fun and Word Fun are Hong Kong, so need those too.

I've put way too much time and money into this during the past year, but i'm happy with what I've accomplished...especially with box upgrading. I'll feel much better once I start unloading my CIB duplicates (mostly, but not all commons....lots of them). I know they aren't worth too much, but I'm hoping to find a creative way to maximize my returns. I have them sorted by condition, so I'll probably sell the nicer ones individually and bundle the worse ones with consoles.

Thanks again for all of the input, advice, and direction. I really do enjoy this (as crazy as it gets sometimes). I'm always looking for more sub-collections to work on, so if anyone has any ideas or sees anything that I missed let me know. Back to work ;)

I know what your going through. It gets difficult deciding, get the variant get the loose cart, focus on 125 then on cib etc etc etc. I just ended up deciding on one goal first. when I started my goal was to get all 125 cib or loose. Then work on home brews and "unique" cartridges like the test cart and cuttle cart. So at the moment im trying to get some of the home brews and uniques carts, basically i been looking at the psycho storm troper book looking for those rare items. after that then i will work on upgrading and variants. but at times i cant help myself and start picking up variants. my cmart syndrome takes over and i start zooming in on lots looking at my games to see if something is different, then i tell my self focus, focus, work on your main goal. wait did i forget hardware? like playcable keyboard component, i did. see INTV is like that its easy to get off track. :)

I know what your going through. It gets difficult deciding, get the variant get the loose cart, focus on 125 then on cib etc etc etc. I just ended up deciding on one goal first. when I started my goal was to get all 125 cib or loose. Then work on home brews and "unique" cartridges like the test cart and cuttle cart. So at the moment im trying to get some of the home brews and uniques carts, basically i been looking at the psycho storm troper book looking for those rare items. after that then i will work on upgrading and variants. but at times i cant help myself and start picking up variants. my cmart syndrome takes over and i start zooming in on lots looking at my games to see if something is different, then i tell my self focus, focus, work on your main goal. wait did i forget hardware? like playcable keyboard component, i did. see INTV is like that its easy to get off track. :)

I know what you mean :) It's a lot to take in all at once [insert inappropriate Rev comment]. I have only been doing this actively for a year now. My original goal was 105 CIB (I originally never saw myself actually spending the $ on the last 20). During that goal, I acquired lots of duplicates so I started organizing them in a hierarchy based on condition, keeping the best and placing the remainder in the "sell/trade pile". Once I obtained all of the cheaper games I think started missing the hunt and constant flow of package deliveries, so I started filling in the variation gaps and focused on Homebrews. It's kinda nice because many of the variants aren't terribly pricey (compared to $100+ games). My next phase is going to be clearing out the pile of duplicates. I have over 55 unique titles available for sale or trade (multiple copies of many) and plan to list in the marketplace (and here) soon. When you decide to start upgrading some of your loose carts to CIB, I may be able to help. Feel free to send me a list and I'll see what I have (mostly commons, but not all).

Did you ever get a KB component? ....or just joking? I think I'm OK not having one of those....for now :grin:

If you have a list, I'll be glad to help you out with that ;) I still need some CIB commons. Like, obtusely common. I seem to remember I still need NASL Soccer and Golf.

I have ~55 unique titles that I'm planning on selling/trading soon, including both PGA Golf and NASL Soccer. I'll post a list soon. Thanks for the interest!

I know what you mean :) It's a lot to take in all at once [insert inappropriate Rev comment]. I have only been doing this actively for a year now. My original goal was 105 CIB (I originally never saw myself actually spending the $ on the last 20). During that goal, I acquired lots of duplicates so I started organizing them in a hierarchy based on condition, keeping the best and placing the remainder in the "sell/trade pile". Once I obtained all of the cheaper games I think started missing the hunt and constant flow of package deliveries, so I started filling in the variation gaps and focused on Homebrews. It's kinda nice because many of the variants aren't terribly pricey (compared to $100+ games). My next phase is going to be clearing out the pile of duplicates. I have over 55 unique titles available for sale or trade (multiple copies of many) and plan to list in the marketplace (and here) soon. When you decide to start upgrading some of your loose carts to CIB, I may be able to help. Feel free to send me a list and I'll see what I have (mostly commons, but not all).

Did you ever get a KB component? ....or just joking? I think I'm OK not having one of those....for now :grin:

Yeah i got a KB Component. :) im still searching for a playcable, a brown ecs keyboard ( i have the brown ecs but no keyboard) ,a videoplexer, a tutorvision, and hoping that out there some where is a white model 2609 master component like the one alex has. Oh wait im still missing a sylvania gte intellivision ( i had ordered on in july but it never arrived, delivery confirmation said delivered but im guessing neighbors kids got it :( ) On the hardware end i still have a ways to go.

Edited by voltron

Yeah i got a KB Component. :) im still searching for a playcable, a brown ecs keyboard ( i have the brown ecs but no keyboard) ,a videoplexer, a tutorvision, and hoping that out there some where is a white model 2609 master component like the one alex has. Oh wait im still missing a sylvania gte intellivision ( i had ordered on in july but it never arrived, delivery confirmation said delivered but im guessing neighbors kids got it :( ) On the hardware end i still have a ways to go.

Don't forget the EmilyVision, you got that one. :)

Wow, KB component huh? In 6 months you've purcahsed more of a collection than what I've built in 23 years. Can't say I'm not jealous. I guess if I had that kind of funds available I'd do it to. Congrats and enjoy!

Reveal your true identity Mr. Rockefeller! :D

Nice

I have 90 CIB (116 incl loose carts) and 95 that at least has a box.

I have temporarily stalled out. Not in any hurry to get the rest. Nor the money. Plus i have so many other collecting addictions. :-D

Yikes! I just looked up the first game (Congo Bongo) and found a complete one for only $849.99!

It was prices like that which made me decide I was pretty much done buying 2600 games. :)

Yeah that Congo Bongo has been for sale for a long time, and at that price, it'll stay for sale for a whole lot longer.

If you're reasonably patient you should be able to get a CIB Congo for between $200-$250.

Mud Buggies should be about the same, maybe going as high as $300 and the two Lerning Funs should be about $400-$450 each CIB.

After that it's just Spiker which is the pricy one.

The last few copies have sold right around the $1500 mark.

Fathom and Tutankham should be anywhere from $100-130 and Super Cobra should be right around $100 (unless you're Cmart buying a lot in Germany, in which case it's like $30 for the lot with Super Cobra in it :)

Those are the pricey games for the 125 CIB, the rest aren't that pricey at all.

Compare that to trying to buy Eli's Ladder or Air Raid CIB and this stuff is chump change.