IGNORED

Forum use with IE10

Master Phruby

I've installed the RTM version of Windows 8 and IE10. The web site looks great under both the metro and desktop versions and fixes a lot of problems I had using IE9. For example the posting timeout has disappeared. Sometimes when I would save a post, the site would never respond. That has been resolved.

However, there is a weird glitch using IE10 to create or edit a forum message post. The return button doesn't work. I tried it under the latest Chrome browser and it works correctly so it's just the current IE10.

Just though you want to know before other people start using IE10 on the site.

Edited by Master Phruby

• 5 months later...

I'll be installing a new version of the forum software this weekend, unless things go horribly wrong and I have to abort. That may fix some IE10 issues. We're behind a bit on the software, and I know some IE10-related bugs have been fixed.

..Al

Return key is still broken. Help?

Return key is still broken. Help?

I haven't updated the forum yet. One of my goals early next week is to finish that task--I've already made considerable headway. This particular issue is fixed in the new version of the software. Here's the bug report--it was actually an issue in the third-party editor IP.Board uses, CKEditor:

http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/bugs.html/_/ip-board/enter-key-does-not-work-when-posting-in-ie10-r38650

..Al

I haven't updated the forum yet. One of my goals early next week is to finish that task--I've already made considerable headway. This particular issue is fixed in the new version of the software. Here's the bug report--it was actually an issue in the third-party editor IP.Board uses, CKEditor:

http://community.inv...-in-ie10-r38650

..Al

Sorry, thought you had updated the forum already (this last weekend). I'll just wait for you to finish that, it's annoying but dealable.

• 2 months later...

Sorry, same thing.

I get the same as you. I thought it may be a compatibility problem but am unable to switch to compatibility mode as the little compatibility mode Icon thing is missing from the address bar, are you also unable to switch to compatibility mode?. Additionally when I quote as I did here only your message is quoted however, you quote of Albert's message is not included - presumably all these issues are related and will hopefully be resolved in the same update.

It seems to be working now in IE10.

Yeah, it's been working for me for a couple of months now-- not sure when it stopped not working. If it wasn't a forum upgrade on Albert's end, it may have been a Microsoft update to IE10. :ponder: So if it still isn't working for anyone, try running Microsoft Update to see if any updates for IE10 show up as available.

Yeah, it's been working for me for a couple of months now-- not sure when it stopped not working. If it wasn't a forum upgrade on Albert's end, it may have been a Microsoft update to IE10. :ponder: So if it still isn't working for anyone, try running Microsoft Update to see if any updates for IE10 show up as available.

Return key still doesn't work for me, and I have the most recent update to IE 10. Hopefully when Al upgrades the forum software tomorrow that will fix it.