IGNORED

Super Game Module now available for order

opcode

I can't afford one right now but don't want to miss out on the Zelda clone. Do you think in the future these SGM games will run on an emulator?

Yep, more or less in thirty years :P.

[edit] Sorry for the misunderstanding, I'm supposing you're talking about converting your cartridge for private use in your computer (I feel like that is right)

I suppose that future versions of BlueMSX or other emulator will include support, but that would be depending of emulators' authors willingness, so that could take some years.

Edited by nanochess

Something I was discussing with Pixelboy that hadn't occurred me before, is that I actually cannot take more than 220 orders for the first batch, as I only have 250 connectors, and I need to save some for testing and have extra units to cover any eventual defective modules. So I will be taking orders until we reach 220 modules, or for 3 more weeks, whatever comes first.

Yep, more or less in thirty years :P.

[edit] Sorry for the misunderstanding, I'm supposing you're talking about converting your cartridge for private use in your computer (I feel like that is right)

I suppose that future versions of BlueMSX or other emulator will include support, but that would be depending of emulators' authors willingness, so that could take some years.

Yeah I mean basically after these guys decide to quit making these things. Someone's gotta be able to play these games another way somehow. What if Opcode only ever makes 220 units? The game devlopers themselves would probably feel they could benefit from additional sales, maybe even by porting the games directly to run on PC then sell the discs.

What emulator do these guys use to test the WIP games as they are being made?

Yeah I mean basically after these guys decide to quit making these things. Someone's gotta be able to play these games another way somehow. What if Opcode only ever makes 220 units? The game devlopers themselves would probably feel they could benefit from additional sales, maybe even by porting the games directly to run on PC then sell the discs.

I'm not the most qualified person to answer that.

What emulator do these guys use to test the WIP games as they are being made?

I don't know (Pixelboy? Opcode?)

But myself I've made a private Colecovision emulator and recently I've added support for SGM, mainly for testing sound and developing sound instruments over two voices (one from SN76489 and another from SGM)

Piano gets a stronger bass and flute really sounds like flute. Now I've to test with some melodies :)

Aren't the SGM PCBs supposed to be soldered/assembled in China? If yes, then why were these PSGs shipped directly to you?

Because they are socketed. I didn't want to solder the PSGs directly to the PCBs because they are rare and we don't want to waste any of them in case of malfunctioning or future projects that might require PSGs.

I just found out this morning that actual orders were being taken and I place mine right away. Did I make it into the first batch of 220? I know you were close to that number according to the most recent tally.

Sure you did. You will receive a formal confirmation soon. :)

Eduardo, I have a question on the super game module. Are you going to release information on how to program to the extra capabilities of the super game module? Also, what tools are you currently using to program the new games? Are they tools that you would be willing to make available for others to make home brews on the SGM?

Eduardo, I have a question on the super game module. Are you going to release information on how to program to the extra capabilities of the super game module? Also, what tools are you currently using to program the new games? Are they tools that you would be willing to make available for others to make home brews on the SGM?

Look here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/203851-super-game-module-technical-forum/

And we have got to 200 orders. Can you believe that? Still have a little more than 2 weeks to go. Thanks everyone that made it possible. :D

Manual is ready to print, catalog and box are just missing pictures of the module, which we should be able to take in about 10 days. We are in final stages of beta. I am now concentration efforts on getting any missing bits of the games finished. Nameplate sample should be here any moment.

• Like 7

And we have got to 200 orders. Can you believe that? Still have a little more than 2 weeks to go. Thanks everyone that made it possible. :D

Manual is ready to print, catalog and box are just missing pictures of the module, which we should be able to take in about 10 days. We are in final stages of beta. I am now concentration efforts on getting any missing bits of the games finished. Nameplate sample should be here any moment.

This is how new hardware for old systems should be released. Bravo to you good sir!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: