IGNORED

Did the INTV Keyboard Component sell at the Portland Convention?

Rev

I was told it went for $3,000 by the people selling it. They had a booth with the other keyboard on display, along with a printer and some other items. I will post a few more pics of this stuff tomorrow.

Cool! I assume you attended the convention?

If so, try to post as many pics as you can, thanks!

I was told it went for $3,000 by the people selling it. They had a booth with the other keyboard on display, along with a printer and some other items. I will post a few more pics of this stuff tomorrow.

More pics please! :) I seriously hate myself for missing this. :)

This is all I got cmart, sorry. And just crappy pics from my phone too. I really hope you get a chance to come next year.

post-26465-0-26793100-1349147312_thumb.jpg

post-26465-0-75990200-1349147326_thumb.jpg

post-26465-0-72506800-1349147339_thumb.jpg

post-26465-0-14919100-1349147454_thumb.jpg

I am surely not the guy to put in charge of getting good pictures, and all things considered I feel pretty bad about not getting more. There were just sooooo many distractions.

Seems like I saw some other things from the auction hanging around your table, though, eh Toby?

I bought the 3DO lot because it was for charity. I'll make my money back I'm sure. I bid on the sealed Waterworld too but didn't wind. The box was kinda thrashed under the shrinkwrap. Can't remember if I bid on anything else. Several things I would have bought if they went cheap but overall the prices were pretty high.

The items that were displayed on the Intellivision table can be found on http://papaintellivision.com/. I added pictures of the hardware and games after we pulled them from storage about a month ago in preparation for PRGE. This was our first public showing of Papa Intellivision's items. Our daughter was very excited to talk about her Grandfather during PRGE. We continue to be amazed at the impact that his five years at Mattel Electronics has had, and is still having today.

I would also like to thank y-bot again for his help in getting us off our butts to pull things out of storage for this public showing as well as his help in selling the extra Keyboard Component.

What?? You missed it?? I was confident this would have been in the C-Mart catalogue soon!

Let me guess: you ate too much good food in Florence and decided to stay there longer, totally forgetting you had to go Portland too! ;-)

The items that were displayed on the Intellivision table can be found on http://papaintellivision.com/. I added pictures of the hardware and games after we pulled them from storage about a month ago in preparation for PRGE. This was our first public showing of Papa Intellivision's items. Our daughter was very excited to talk about her Grandfather during PRGE. We continue to be amazed at the impact that his five years at Mattel Electronics has had, and is still having today.

I would also like to thank y-bot again for his help in getting us off our butts to pull things out of storage for this public showing as well as his help in selling the extra Keyboard Component.

You and your family were a great addition to the show and I really enjoyed speaking to your daughter. Thanks again for the great deal on the broken Keyboard Component. Hopefully it will live again.

That is a nice loving tribute of a website there and will be great reference for many of us. Thanks!

It is just a bit sad that the website wasn't put up (that I am aware of) when he was alive.....I always heard about him, and would have loved to have told him how much I liked his little toy.

The hand controllers get a lot of bad press, but considering that it was my first system after Pong work-a-likes, I loved them and had no trouble controlling the games. In fact, i always thought Joysticks were so limiting and would have liked to have had an Intellivision controller for many different games.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

1st time Post... Get this, As a teenager (46 now), I knew my neighbour had an Intellivision Keyboard component and the printer. The neighbours still reside there so I recently I enquired if he still possessed it and to my absolute horror it had been tossed out a few months ago (they were de-cluttering the household). Also thrown out was a breadbin c64, diskdrive games etc as was the intv master component and game carts...This will take me a while to get over :mad: Just had to share, sorry folks