IGNORED

Minehunter French Manual Completed

The French version of the Minehunter Manual is completed.

The page formatting has to be checked, and I am trying to get put into PDF format. It is currently in WORD format, but doesn't look right when opened with Open Office.

Thanks Pascal!

I am still hoping to see the German and Spanish version soon. Still no Italian volunteer!

Hopefully they will be posted on www.elektronite.com soon.

I am shrinkwrapping Minehunter, and it should be shipping soon.

Unless you know the language a bit, those things can come up with some weird sentences.....

I know enough German to know when the results are bogus......but I use it to assist me to write in German.

If you just put text in and let it translate, it comes out rather wonky....certainly not good enough for an instruction manual.

Only native speakers or native ability speakers should be translating manuals. I would never attempt to write a manual in German or French, or Thai or Japanese....(the 4 languages I can barely function in)

DZ volunteered to do the Spanish version if no one else volunteered.....I had no one, so he MIGHT be doing it....I sent him the file.

DZ is working in it. I just had a helluva week at work that has not stopped. Hopefully I can get to it soon.

If you just put text in and let it translate, it comes out rather wonky....certainly not good enough for an instruction manual.

Unless they are English instructions for Japanese electronics products or hobby kits from the 1980s. Man, I remember those things when I was a kid, they were surreal. LOL!

dZ.

Unless they are English instructions for Japanese electronics products or hobby kits from the 1980s. Man, I remember those things when I was a kid, they were surreal. LOL!

dZ.

i think they use these to translate japanese games to english in the 80's and 90's. thats why all your base are belong to us. old final fantasy games were confusing as well. Edited by pimpmaul69

Fabian, eres espa� o latino-americano? Pregunto porque tal vez sea mejor una version en Castellano. Mi lengua, aunque refinada, es solo el espa�vulgar y plebeyo de Puerto Rico. :)

I dont y but when i read this, it reminded me of this song.

I dont y but when i read this, it reminded me of this song.

LOL!

I said:

"Are you Spanish or Latin-American? I ask because it may be better to have a Spanish version in Castilian (Spanish from Spain). My tongue, although refined, is merely the vulgar an pedestrian Spanish from Puerto Rico."

Don't get me wrong, I speak and write Spanish excellently, but Latin-American Spanish has a slightly different vocabulary from Spain--especially in matters of technology.

dZ.

That's right, European and Latin American Spanish are different, I don't think there's such a big difference in vocabulary, though -- when I translate, I try to be as neutral as possible. You have to pay attention to regionalisms and certain specific things about grammar.

I'm from Argentina.

Edited by jfabian

The French version of the Minehunter Manual is completed.

The page formatting has to be checked, and I am trying to get put into PDF format. It is currently in WORD format, but doesn't look right when opened with Open Office.

Thanks Pascal!

I am still hoping to see the German and Spanish version soon. Still no Italian volunteer!

Hopefully they will be posted on www.elektronite.com soon.

I am shrinkwrapping Minehunter, and it should be shipping soon.

Could you tell me if there is a link to the French version of Minehunter Manual ?

Thank you :)

Pascal

Valter controls Elektronite's website.....I would post it, but I can't.

And, I am spending my time on the new www.classicgamepublishers.com site....we are probably not going to use www.gamesforyourintellivision.com for much for a while....

Wow, it shows that Defender of The Crown is available in October, and SOLD OUT!

I guess I'm too late...

LOL!