IGNORED

D1K Arcade in Rom Format Going on Sale Soon

Would there be any chance of a discount, for cartridge-purchasers? I have a Cuttle Cart 3 and the D2K cart. I own the game, but it would be convenient not to have to switch, and after having-paid for it, I'm not giving copies of ANYTHING to anyone.

mention your purchase when u send email

Purchasing the D1K Cartridge gives you a discount coupon when purchasing the D1K ROM.......it can be used to purchase regularly priced Elektronite Cartridges.

D2K has nothing to do with it......purchasing Intelligentvision's version does not count.

If the D1K Roms don't end up on Rom sites, we will do a release of D2K where purchsing the D2K Cartridge would give you a discount coupon.....

It isn't really money off on the purchase....it is money off on a future purchase of a cartridge.

Purchasing the D1K Cartridge gives you a discount coupon when purchasing the D1K ROM.......it can be used to purchase regularly priced Elektronite Cartridges.

D2K has nothing to do with it......purchasing Intelligentvision's version does not count.

If the D1K Roms don't end up on Rom sites, we will do a release of D2K where purchsing the D2K Cartridge would give you a discount coupon.....

It isn't really money off on the purchase....it is money off on a future purchase of a cartridge.

sorry i missed him saying d2k. I also thought u said if you already purchased dk1 u would give discount. My bad. Edited by pimpmaul69

I have had a question regarding buying the D1K Arcade Rom if one has already purchased the cartridge.

After some thought, I have decided to give out a 50 percent coupon for use in purchasing an Elektronite Cartridge.

So, the rom will be $15........you will get a $7.50 discount coupon toward the purchase of an Elektronite cartridge.

Please make a note in your email that you have previously purchased the cartridge.

I'm in. I want the rom. Email you, right?

Editing some graphics, for example changing the girl's help message to say "REV!" Is trivial, and due to the way I programmed D1K/D2K, adding a new character with the abilities I mentioned is also fairly trivial. If someone does have some requests for doing a custom "hack", I will consider it. Naturally I'll have to charge more than $15 for the service. ;-)

Actually, this has given me an idea… What if you could download a program or use one online (perhaps at Elektronite) that allowed you to customize D1K/D2K. You would be able to redefine the graphics, sounds, and add new characters and playing screens, etc. then, being able to preview the results, purchase your very own custom-made ROM for your own personal use?

You could even have the option to have it printed to cartridge and shipped to you from Elektronite / Classic Game Publishers, Inc.

Does this sound appealing to anyone?

If the idea caught on, we could work in an even higher degree of customization into future titles.

Carl

• Like 2

This sounds very cool, but the idea of me making changes scares me! :-D I think I'd rather have you do it for me so I don't wreck anything.

You wouldn't be hacking program code, of course. There would be a reasonably user-friendly level editor and pixel editor at your disposal. ;-)

You'd be able to experiment with designing your own boards, which in itself should be pretty entertaining.

Carl

This sounds awesome!

We kinda have a Burgertime tool already, How about a super pro Auto Racing with custom course designer? Yeah, kind of existing within motocross, but I could never SAVE a course and I feel motocross is a bit slower then autoracing.

I know you have a Pac Man project somewere in the works also....Hmmmmm.

I would like to edit graphics in astrosmash etc.

I understand existing games is a very different thing than PRE-PLAINING functionality into a game.

But I think this could be a huge idea. We may end up buying multiple version of a single game (engine).

Can't wait to see what comes of this!

Gene