IGNORED

SIO2PC/10502PC Dual USB - Second Run

atari8warez

Hope to receive my device soon. If German customs officers aren't easily satisfied, then Czech officers would rather steal it. :-D

I hope that they don't :) ... German customs office seems to be though, it is my experience that most of my packages to Germany are delayed due to customs, guess they wanna know what's coming into the country more than some of the other offices around the world for some reason...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Version 2 is almost ready to go out to the PCB house. Bluetooth functionality was initially planned but dropped (due to some technical challenges) for this version, hopefully will be implemented in the next version (if it becomes feasible). I will have a limited run of about 10 devices this time, and I will create a separate thread for run #3 ordering soon.

What's new:

- The whole PCB is redesigned with new components (90% SMT components), Still based on FTDI FT232RL chip.

- It still has SIO2PC and 10502PC functionality with hardware device sensing,

- LED color is user selectable via a jumper (red or green),

- A choice of either a pigtail SIO cable or an SIO plug integrated to the enclosure (will post a photo),

- Reduction in cost and selling price.

post-15627-0-36734100-1368690877_thumb.jpg

post-15627-0-29751000-1368690900_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

And here's the photo of the optional integrated SIO plug. This is for illustration purposes only and the pug in the photo is shown upside down, just imagine it down-side up.so that the enclosure top is still facing up when inserted into the SIO socket. Also ignore the SIO cable shown on the opposite side of the plug, I just didn't want to cut the cable for this photo. In the actual device there would be a USB socket on that side.

post-15627-0-45593600-1368804011_thumb.jpg

Edited by atari8warez
  • Like 1