IGNORED

THE NEW HSC 1.4 - Indy 500 (Game 6)

Lauren Tyler

Thanks Gorfy and Liduario. I have a fully functioning fist of joystick. :thumbsup: :)

You're welcome. I can't imagine playing this game on the keyboard. Then again, I can't imagine playing any game on the keyboard. I give a lot of credit to those who do.

42!

I might be able to squeeze a 43rd target, but it's getting tough to improve.

post-9712-0-43666800-1349832095_thumb.png

You must be getting to the point where improvement is physically impossible. I tried looking up the Twin Galaxies record for this, but their site seems to be down. Nice job on the high score, 'Teach!

Edited by Gorfy

I got an idea about a bonus points. for 2 points Write an 8-10 sentence story on something weird or funny you've seen while driving or someone else drove.

Why write 8-10 sentences when a picture is worth 1000 words? :)

post-9712-0-70298500-1349903053_thumb.jpg

Yes, that's a mattress on top of that Jeep, going down the road at 65 mph. All that's missing is the guy with his hand out the window, "holding it" so it doesn't blow away.

That idea was already done in another HSC...Intellivision (Dracula game), I think...

I got an idea about a bonus points. for 2 points Write an 8-10 sentence story on something weird or funny you've seen while driving or someone else drove.

Edited by jblenkle

That idea was already done in another HSC...Intellivision (Dracula game), I think...

Actually it was done when Ze_ro was the moderator too.

But in the Ideas for the HSC thread, IIRC people didn't want these bonus anymore. Yet they agreed to let the moderator put his own style in the competition...

The good thing is: even without bonus for tips or histories, we're all having fun with the games, talking about strategies, giving tips, posting pictures, broadcasting live game plays, telling histories :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You must be getting to the point where improvement is physically impossible. I tried looking up the Twin Galaxies record for this, but their site seems to be down. Nice job on the high score, 'Teach!

IIRC, it was in the low 40s. Most Indy500 hi scores got maxed out (ie 15 on game 1B,etc) but game 6 is one where both skill and a little luck in ball placement left room for more.

gavv

gavv

Ryan Gavigan

Indy 500 Game 6

score - 44

post-14968-0-48594900-1349997824_thumb.jpg

I pulled out the ol cart out and gave it a whirl again, and I haven't lost my touch (granted growing up in Indy i have played this literally since launch :) ). One thing I'd note for emu players, is that I don't think there's any way you can be as quick and precise unless you have the driving controller. There's just enough reaction time needed to cut corners, reduce drive distance and spin on a dime quickly enough without hitting walls that keyboard or other controller just can't quite keep up.

Edited by gavvv
  • Like 1