IGNORED

SALE PENDING: Atari 2600 Boxed Air Raid

Wonder007

Well, I changed my mind at the last minute and won the "true"' CIB Air Raid. So, that means I have a boxed Air Raid available. My box is in better condition than the other one that was sold on ebay (mine is not folded on the side). My cart also seems to be in better condition. Anyway, I am in no rush to sell mine but I have already received inquiries for it so I figure I'd make it known that it is available again. You can see the pics of it from the thread back in 2010 on the sale of mine plus videos that exist on youtube on the sale of it.

I rather do this privately than sell it on an auction site so please PM me offers if interested. I will update this thread as the process of this sale goes along.

Thanks.

- Wonder007

Well, I changed my mind at the last minute and won the "true"' CIB Air Raid. So, that means I have a boxed Air Raid available. My box is in better condition than the other one that was sold on ebay (mine is not folded on the side). My cart also seems to be in better condition. Anyway, I am in no rush to sell mine but I have already received inquiries for it so I figure I'd make it known that it is available again. You can see the pics of it from the thread back in 2010 on the sale of mine plus videos that exist on youtube on the sale of it.

I rather do this privately than sell it on an auction site so please PM me offers if interested. I will update this thread as the process of this sale goes along.

Thanks.

- Wonder007

If it were me I would be keeping the best box, the best game, and manual for myself and selling the lesser condition items... or basically just robbing what you didn't have from the recent auction and selling off the rest. Just how I would do it. I'm a condition freak.

Not one but two lawyer / legal type people on AA got on me when I was giving away $100 prizes in my boxes of crap saying I could get in trouble. If it were allowed (and legal) I'd be willing to play for up to $20, but then he would have to sell 700 tickets. Dunno if that would work.

Gotta' love the US.

I know PayPal won't let you run a raffle, so that would make this more difficult as well.

..Al

Well how about if people are willing to gift 700 merry christmas transactions at $20 a pop to Wonder007. Then if Wonder007 happened to choose someone from those transactions to be a secret Santa that would be real nice of him.

You can certainly try to skirt around PayPal's rules, but they are rather adept at locking out your account (and holding all your money) at the drop of a hat. Not worth the hassle, it's easier to just sell it outright.

..Al

• Like 2

You can certainly try to skirt around PayPal's rules, but they are rather adept at locking out your account (and holding all your money) at the drop of a hat. Not worth the hassle, it's easier to just sell it outright.

..Al

You're right. It would be cool to snag a shot at something like this for $20 though. I'd be willing to send a check :) or a $20

Edited by icemanxp300

You're right. It would be cool to snag a shot at something like this for $20 though. I'd be willing to send a check :) or a $20

I agree, I love the idea of doing it as well, and I'd spend at least $100 on such a chance.. I'm sure many others would as well, especially if you publicized it beyond AtariAge. That's probably where you'd get in trouble, though!

..Al

And who is going to be the disinterested observer? Making $14k through the raffle, giving it to a friend as the winner, resell it again. Not saying Wonder007 would do that but all doubts would need to be eliminated. Only way I can think of would be a certifying notary.

I've lurked around here for quite awhile before I finally decided to join and I think most people on here seem pretty trustworthy...and...if we stated that $20 was the going rate I wouldn't be too sad to lose it, on principal yes but monetarily I'm ok in life right now.

Maybe to expand on what I've said, a small portion could go to some charity so not only does the seller get paid, one of us could own a boxed freakin' Air Raid and we could make some children a little happier for the holidays...If it was charitable would it be an more legal ? I don't mean that as a front either, I try to do nice things for people as often as possible but it could also bring a ton more traffic here and sell a bunch more tickets possible garnering more press and more ticket "donations."

Thanks.

- Wonder007

The game sucks and now you own two? I question your sanity sir ;)

• Like 1

And who is going to be the disinterested observer? Making $14k through the raffle, giving it to a friend as the winner, resell it again. Not saying Wonder007 would do that but all doubts would need to be eliminated. Only way I can think of would be a certifying notary.

Agree. Methinks on the stakes a neutral party is important. Seems like an opportunity for a web app.

I have four bids....one has withdrawn so I am down to three. Please PM if you are interested in submitting a bid (serious inquiries only please)....this should be wrapped up soon as I do not like to drag out private auctions.

Thanks to those who have submitted bids and stand-by for a PM from me for an opportunity to counter the bid.

- Wonder007

Wonder007...you dont have a cheap digital camera? If someone is going to spend 10's of thousands on your game, you need to post a pic...dont assume everyone has seen the thread from like 2 years ago. Dont cheap out on us now! :-D A pic with a current newspaper will do fine.

Im kidding around but am serious about the pic.....yeah, i know..... :P :P :P :P :P

Sale is pending....thanks to all who submitted bids. it is going to a great home. :)

I will not release the information on the buyer or how much it went for....I will let the buyer say it if he/she wishes to do so,

Thanks,

-Wonder007