IGNORED

time for another xm update?

mimo

The dinglydang has been giving us trouble. While we received the poodersnatch from the Chinese manufacturing source it was below tolerance and half the boards need rework. Testing has revealed testing doesn't work unless Testers confirm this. Should be another week to finalise that. I appologise in advance for future pre orders that never came through. We're working with a private courier service that only has one time traveling Delorean.

• Like 7

The dinglydang has been giving us trouble. While we received the poodersnatch from the Chinese manufacturing source it was below tolerance and half the boards need rework. Testing has revealed testing doesn't work unless Testers confirm this. Should be another week to finalise that. I appologise in advance for future pre orders that never came through. We're working with a private courier service that only has one time traveling Delorean.

10OUTOF9 ATARIAGE MEMBERS WITHOUT SIGNIFICANT BRAIN TORTURE APPROVE OF THIS POST

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

EDIT** In all seriousness though, October 12th was 2 weeks ago...what happened to the weekly updates??? I am sitting here in NJ with no power after a hurricane, and I still manage to email my business customers about updates on their orders. What gives???

Over a month since we had any news. 2014 eta or longer :)

Maybe christmas 2014 ? :(

It is a shame,that even the programmers(BOB,PERRY and others) did not get an XM for testing.....

I know,that Curt and Groovy have a lot to do.......but after more than 2 years,the 7800 community is hungry for the XM

greetings Walter

• Like 1

Seems odd that he wouldn't give a two-line 'head's up' on the thread he made a big deal about getting pinned... but would bury "I've been sick, sorry" on his update page where it takes a few minutes to scroll down to anything. The guy needs to learn a little about marketing, I think...

Ok can anyone involved in creating the XM give any sort of update on to whats happening?? the last update was oct 12 saying sick and will work on it.. is this year 3 of the project, oh hell whos counting? Too bad people always have to get rude on here as the XM creators LOVE to keep everyone in the dark...And dont give me this just wait it will come BS. Curt has agreed at least 3-5 times during this project to keep us all updated weekly. I dont give a crap if every week they say ya know what to busy to work on this right now at least we know there alive and not gonna take the money and run, almost starting to believe some of the people who calimed in the end it will be vapourware. Well thats great!! We shoulda spent our money on funding up the H2 then we woulda had something by now...

Oh yeah did I break the rule of the XM speak only when spoken to and never ask start conversation. Also a really good piece of advice is to invest in AA active members... As Curt is as active here as my dead hermit crab...

• Like 3

As Curt is as active here as my dead hermit crab...

I bought a couple of things from your dead hermit crab...great AA member...communication was great, games were packaged well and all shipped fast. Highly recommended trader!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:grin:

Just kidding....we could certainly use an update here. I don't think anyone is asking for too much here.

• Like 1

No update probably means no work has happened. I don't expect things to change with the XM anytime soon. It is at least 6 months away. Maybe longer. I just check the 7800 forum to see if Bob is working on anymore awesome games. I paid for an XM, but for me the moment has passed. I could really care less if it ships at this point. I am tired of the whole thing. The only thing I want to play is Bentley Bear and I keep hoping Bob will figure out a way to make it work without the XM. This secret society of the XM and their mystery games is all played out. The 7800 community rallied around these guys for years now and as a thanks we are constantly kept in the dark and given excuses.

With all the awesome stuff going on with the 2600, Intellivision, and Colecovision why waste time with the XM anymore?

• Like 4

I've been very quiet and patient about this, actually only making ONE post about the issue. It was well over a year ago when I made a very polite and reasoned post in the thread that has long since been locked. The response I got was a certain member telling me if I didn't like the wait, request a refund. I really wanted to respond, but that pissed me off so much I knew I wouldn't be able to make a calm post. I was literally furious. So, I just waited thinking I could post a cool-headed response after giving it some time. That time never came and even now, when I think about that person's response I still get extremely heated.

I've gone from being disappointed by the wait (but more-so by all the people saying "take as long as you want"), to being very very frustrated... and no, I'm NOT going to request a refund. But, I don't want to be kept waiting another 2 or 3 years. I really hope it gets released soon, but I have no such expectation and the excitement I used to have about the XM has been replaced by frustration and irritation long ago. I'm sure that if/when it finally ships, I'll be pretty happy with it (and I'm much more a fan of the 7800 than the Coleco or Intellivision), but for now I'm just disgusted.

Yeah, expressing my opinion about this (for only the 2nd time since the project started) will probably bring some flames my way but I don't care. Seriously, if a person reading this thinks I'm completely unreasonable for being frustrated, then there's something seriously wrong with them.

• Like 8

I was given an email update from Curt in March 2012 that it would be released at the end of April 2012 at the latest. I think his Atari Vol 1 book took higher priority and now there is a Volume 2. I just hope he gets the XM out because I just bought DK XM Pokey (which is great) for the XM. I'd hate to purchase a bunch of games with nothing to play them on (a buggy without the horse).

Yeah... well since we're airing our grievances... Curt, where is my Atari FB2 retrofit kit I ordered on July 28th, 2011, that you said shipped on April 10th, 2012. It's November. I've asked several times for a tracking number. Nothing. Yes, the initial requests for the product were nice. I've thought maybe I'd wait before complaining on here, after all, he's busy, right? Then he's sick. Then he's busy with the XM. Then a book. COME ON ALREADY.

I feel completely ripped off, and this was for a product that was listed as IN STOCK (at the time).

It looks like a skunk and it smells like a skunk. Be wary of giving him ANY of your money!!

Yes, I'm aware that people have been banned for saying bad things about Curt. I don't want to be banned, but I can't just play nice anymore!

• Like 3

Yeah... well since we're airing our grievances... Curt, where is my Atari FB2 retrofit kit I ordered on July 28th, 2011, that you said shipped on April 10th, 2012. It's November. I've asked several times for a tracking number. Nothing. Yes, the initial requests for the product were nice. I've thought maybe I'd wait before complaining on here, after all, he's busy, right? Then he's sick. Then he's busy with the XM. Then a book. COME ON ALREADY.

Careful

I was banned for saying similar things,

And proving Curt never shipped things i bought from him a long time ago...

Drac, $15,000 with nothing to show for it but delays and excuses after three years, and now a 'delayed absense' of updates or posts of any kind? I think a little frustration is more and well in order. I think it speaks extremely well of the forum's overall patience and tolerance. Most places, honestly, would be looking at a criminal prosecution by now.

So no, I don't think that 'demanding', in as such as a few frustrated posts can be considered 'demanding', an update of some kind is somehow unwarranted.

I see your point but I think there's two different things.

1. Complaining about the delays of hardware is pointless. How many people in this thread have made major hardware projects like this and distributed? Don't all jump to the front at once now! :-) This is still a labour of love in a hobbyist world. It's a complicated project for a small user base. That's life.

2. The bigger issue is messaging and communication. I don't doubt it's going to come out. I think Curt giving an updates as promised and not over-promising on dates would help tremendously.

Also, Curt is based in NYC area. Hopefully all is ok.

Edited by DracIsBack

1. Complaining about the delays of hardware is pointless. How many people in this thread have made major hardware projects like this and distributed? Don't all jump to the front at once now! :-) This is still a labour of love in a hobbyist world. It's a complicated project for a small user base. That's life.

After you've taken a substantial amount of money and failed to deliver for YEARS with constant 'any day now' responses, you've lost the 'it's just a hobby' excuse. Everyone here knows that this is an ambitious and costly project, and that's why they paid the premium in the first place. But I think we're well and beyond the point where that's going to fly as an excuse now...

2. The bigger issue is messaging and communication. I don't doubt it's going to come out. I think Curt giving an updates as promised and not over-promising on dates would help tremendously.

Again, going months without a word when a weekly update was promised last time just look BAD. I think everyone would be forgiving of dates so long as they saw some real honest-to-God progress and reports as such.. but none of that is forthcoming.

Also, Curt is based in NYC area. Hopefully all is ok.

This occured to me as well, and I'm concerned. I'm a bit surprised that he hasn't given a heads up to his friends here if for no other reason than to assuage their personal worries...

• Like 1

I just wish I hadn't ordered an XM at this point. Not so much because I'm angry about the delays, but simply because at this point I've moved on to other systems and am no longer interested in the 7800 at all. I never really was a fan of the 7800 in the first place. I picked one up for cheap, added the Longhorn video mod, and bought the cheap games from the guy that used to keep a huge stock of them in the salt mine. All cheap and easy. Never really enjoyed the games, though. I'd hoped the XM would "save" the system for me. But at this point, I haven't played any 7800 games in years.

If this were a purchase through a normal retailer, I would go into my account and cancel the order. Of course, in that case I wouldn't have had to pay up front for it. At this point, I guess it's a sunk cost and I should move on. If it ever shows up, perhaps I can recover a few bucks by selling it and my 7800 and carts.

• Like 1