IGNORED

HSC9 Round 17: Gumball & Sweet tooth bonus!

Great news up next is Gumball one of the best A8 games :lust:

If you're new to this one then you'll need to put in a bunch of goes to get the hang of it! Gumball starts of easily enough as you operate the gumball factory to make sure the gumballs end up in the matching coloured containers. Use Joystick Up/Down to control flow rate, use L/R to move containers, use Fire to toggle switches.

When you hear the warning siren you'll need to (gently) whack the space bar to activate the cross-hairs to disarm the bomb otherwise it's a sticky mess for your factory :D You start off living in a porta-loo working a a skivvy and work up to a being president (possibly) [who said Atari wasn't topical?] living in a castle, so post your ranking with your scores.

Gumball - ATR - (use the ATR from atarimania if you can as the XEX is missing the intermissions) (7.7)

[standard HSC scoring. Bonuses: 1pt for highest score on Monday, 1pt for making Vice President, 3pts for becoming President (wonder if the game then ends?... if so 5pts!?). Beating Trooper's HSC record 57,950 1pt.]

Escape=Pause - use when you are about to be out (before 5pm!) to get a screen shot ;)

While looking for the high score table I found that pressing a key will start the game in keybaord mode (E,S,F,C for movement, space=fire, Return=crosshairs) Press FIRE to start in joystick mode.

Sweet tooth bonus games:

[each game 3pts for winner, 2pts for 2nd & 3rd, 1pt for 4th & 5th]

The Bean Machine - XEX - play on ADVANCED, it's only a 1 round game (4.0)

Plaque Man - XEX - decent pac-man clone (7.6)

Candy Factory - XEX - this one gets way too easy so players MUST GET ALL THE ITEMS on every level. The rule for collecting all items doesn't apply after building 3 (where the baddies get very fast and patrol a small area: on this level it's impossible to get the left sided one. You must still get them all if you can (see post #52 for screenshot)

[2pts bonus for completing the game]

[Option to play on rotated/left handed joystick! Select to pause] (4.3)

Jaw Breaker II - XEX - the one with the BIG HEADS - checkout the graphics on them babies! fun game (3.9) High Score table displays after demo. OS/B translator required (othewise game locks up when entering initials, no score showns but can press reset) PATCHED VERSION HERE :thumbsup:

Jelly Beans - ATR - press Option/F4 and Select/F3 to adjust game settings PLAY ON LEVEL 4 (see post#33).

I previously found this game too easy for 1 player (you could just move everything around and keep making lines) but we'll have a look at it and perhaps the author (Chris Martin) will improve the difficulty? ;) (7.1) [Make horizontal lines of 3 or more pieces on the middle line; to clear the flashing pieces you have to work them towards the middle row (I think)... Escape=Pause Option=Music. You cannot return to the settings screen without re-loading :frown: Adjust your TV settings: try more contrast and colour and less brighness (the edge rows should be dark the middle bright - you can also recognise the pieces by shape or their markings). EDIT: If you're stuck you have to wait ages for the timer to run out, so press ESC to pause, then Start to restart. I forgot that a key instruction is to hold fire and you can move the pieces L/R along the middle row; this really makes the game too easy and you can virutally play without looking - aim for 5 in a row for more points...

[1 point for playing only]

We'll have extra time to play so the round now finishes Sunday 25th November 11am GMT. If anyone needs any help just post, EVERYONE WELCOME TO JOIN IN.

Have fun

Edited by therealbountybob
Extended Deadline

After playing several games I have discovered that there is no score retention...if you do not get your screen shot at Game Over screen your score is lost.

I still don't get this game...the multi colored balls I perceive as an enemy... being that they cause your cart to get emptied.

Let the multi coloured ones pass through the waste pipe bottom right ;) You are penalised if good gums are wasted too!

Gumball should save high scores on the ATR don't use the XEX if you can help it as it's missing the intermissions where you see your new dwelling(s) [emulator users set the disk to Read/Write to allow saves) I think you can display the scores too perhaps?! Not sure about the other games as not played yet!

Screenshots are nice but don't worry if you can't get one, usually by the time I've got my phone onto camera mode I've missed them too ;)

Anyone playing Jellybeans please comment on the game as we might ecourage the author Cybernoid to make some changes (fingers crossed) think this game was designed for multi player via the web perhaps - will find the link to his site...

@trbb, you gonna put the bonus games all on 1 ATR or XEX? :) ;)

The best Gumball and Jelly Beans are only on ATRs, but I'll create one for the other games ;)

Use ESC to pause your Gumball go when you are about to be out (5pm) to get a screen shot of your scores. While looking for the high score table I found that pressing a key will start the game in keybaord mode (E,S,F,C for movement, space=fire, Return=crosshairs) Press fire to start in joystick mode.

Press ESC during the 2st intermission to pause it at the start of Tuesday to get your level 1 HSC bonus score. There are lots of bonus points at the end of each working day for not wasting / dropping gumballs so work hard!

rr - what Atari emulator r u on? for altirra press F9 to pause, Alt F10 to screen shot. For atari800win+4.0 press F9 to pause, F10 for screen shot :)

Had my 1st go, a bit rusty but will soon become a finely honed machine :D

Lv1 bonus 3,020. Made it to Manager 22,300 :)

post-19705-0-33894000-1352160547.jpg

post-19705-0-12328900-1352160744.jpg

p.s. r u out there Trooper :P

• Like 1