IGNORED

The ABSOLUTE worst games of all time.

Time to set the record straight.What are your picks for the worst game of all time.

Just to name a few:

Superman 64,Why the F**C would they make this,who wants to be superman and fly through loops all the damn time?

Perfect weapon(PS1) what can i say,Bad graphics,bad sound,bad controls,shi**y game.

Plumbers don't wear ties(3DO).A game that claimed to be full motion video when in actuality,it's only the first minutes that are in full motion,the rest is in slide show.This could be one of those DVD games,or a mini story on a cassette tape but not a game.

E.T..No comment(you should already know enough)

Action 52. Glitches,glitches and more glitches

Edited by xDragonWarrior

E.T. doesn't really belong on this list. There are many hundreds, if not many thousands of games that are far worse. And quite a few on the 2600 alone.

I was going to list E.T. just as a joke, but it looks like the OP already beat me to it. ;)

In all seriousness though, after watching RT's tutorial video on the game, I wholeheartedly agree with your statement. It actually looks like a decent game when you understand how it works.

Edited by Austin
  • Like 5

I've said this before in similar threads, but I vote for anything by Mythicon on the 2600.
Sorry...even Mythicon games are a step up from Custer's Revenge (where losing becomes a matter of luck instead of skill), 3D Tic-Tac-Toe (boring enough on paper - adding a 3rd dimension only gives the first player an unfair advantage to make draws a non-issue), and the likes of Basic Math or Eli's Ladder (homework is not entertainment). I'd even put Strawberry Shortcake below Mythicon titles (if you know S.S. trivia well enough to match their costumes and themes already, why bother with the damn "game" in the first place?).

Last Action Hero - Sega Genesis

My god, was this play tested at all???

I've never passed the first level; between laggy controls, enemies with more reach than you, and random bullets (or snow or whatever) flying in from offscreen, you cannot help but be hit constantly.

The gods must have been very angry to allow this game to be created.

The people the gods hated were the ones cursed to buy this game new.

• Like 1

Sorry...even Mythicon games are a step up from Custer's Revenge (where losing becomes a matter of luck instead of skill), 3D Tic-Tac-Toe (boring enough on paper - adding a 3rd dimension only gives the first player an unfair advantage to make draws a non-issue), and the likes of Basic Math or Eli's Ladder (homework is not entertainment). I'd even put Strawberry Shortcake below Mythicon titles (if you know S.S. trivia well enough to match their costumes and themes already, why bother with the damn "game" in the first place?).

At least you can look at Custer's Revenge and see some halfway decent graphics...as for "educational games", that is an oxymoron if ever I saw one.

Either way, I still remember the massive disappointment I faced when I purchased Sorcerer as a kid...I was given the choice to get any game I wanted. Talk about buyers remorse...as I have said in the past, I cried myself to sleep that night!

Love Skeet Shoot

Worst: anything on the UK computer Spectrum, 60% of the NES/Famicom library, 1/2 the library of game.com,. But serious, you gotta play all games of all systems to determine the worst.

I mean, the OP mentioned E.T., which is of course a good game, you gotta know how to play it though, and he obviously never even played it, just going by hear say. Bullshit.

• Like 1

I'll go ahead and throw marble madness on GBA under the bus here. There is no excuse for this being so bad. NES had a better port, the gba version isn't even finished. GBA version has only the first 3 levels, the last of which isn't complete rendering it dead easy. Let's not forget that this system was powerful enough to play a damn solid polygon-based monkeyball game.

GBA marble madness came paired with klax, which was decent at least. I sure bought it for marble madness though.

whole game in 1:12, which is honestly about as long as it takes, TAS or not.

http://youtu.be/_f-Dv_p7GXo

Edited by Reaperman

Sssnake (VCS)...Wow, is all I have to say on this one

Dash Galaxy in the Alien Asylum (NES)...Why did I waste my money on this one back in the day?

Beanie Bopper (VCS)...Who would have thought that a game could be this mindless?

Any 16-bit Madden game...The slowness and overall clunkiness of the on-screen sprites is mind-numbing

Any Bill Walsh college football game...See reasons for Madden

Many N64 games...The blurriness of the graphics hurts my eyes

"Why the F**C would they make this"

According to Wikipedia:

"Eric Caen revealed in a e-mail interview that the plot of the N64 game was mandated by Warner Bros., due to a desire to not have Superman fight "real" people.[3] Caen, who was the co-founder of Titus Software, stated in another interview that they were attempting to create the first "superhero-based" video game where players really behave as a superhero.[4]

The main issue on working on the game was working with the licensor, which caused many problems. "The licensor caused us A LOT of problems..; they generated the final quality of the product!", said Caen. "It is not even 10% of what we intended to do, but the licensor killed us!"[3] The design was originally considered "too ambitious compared to what an N64 was able to deliver...", said Caen.[3]"

Sure, blame the limitations of the N64 and not crappy programming.

Edited by mbd30
  • Like 1

That Penn and Teller game with the 16 hour (in real time!) bus simulator (Sega CD)

Penn & Tellers Smoke & Mirrors was never officially released, plus Desert Bus is only one part of the entire game. Desert Bus is 1/2 joke, and 1/2 social experiment. Cut it some slack.

• Like 3