IGNORED

The ABSOLUTE worst games of all time.

I didn't comment on this one before, because I had forgotten about this title. Unfortunately, now I think I remember it.

The Guitar Hero RPG, with regular controller. It has some of the worst PS2 graphics I've seen, and the ONLY reason I don't hold it up as the worst graphics on a PS2 game is because I've seen RPG Maker 2.

But there is a PS2 RPG that's worse than Ephermal Fantasia. I think it was "Forever Kingdom" or something like that. Ephermal Fantasia was at least roughly playable, although really bad. "Forever Kingdom" or whatever awful game I'm trying to remember isn't even remotely playable.

Seeing these opinions also reminds me of how bad Unlimited SaGa was. I tried giving it an honest go after buying it for just a few bucks, but ended up disappointed. While it did have some respectable features (decent-enough soundtrack, interesting visual style), the boardgame-like gameplay was awful. There was little interactivity and it just seemed like the game was broken at points (get poisoned or something and be forced to die after a few moves). The fact that nothing seemed to make much sense, or flow well, didn't help its case either.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't comment on this one before, because I had forgotten about this title. Unfortunately, now I think I remember it.

The Guitar Hero RPG, with regular controller. It has some of the worst PS2 graphics I've seen, and the ONLY reason I don't hold it up as the worst graphics on a PS2 game is because I've seen RPG Maker 2.

But there is a PS2 RPG that's worse than Ephermal Fantasia. I think it was "Forever Kingdom" or something like that. Ephermal Fantasia was at least roughly playable, although really bad. "Forever Kingdom" or whatever awful game I'm trying to remember isn't even remotely playable.

This is the only game that I ever specifically sold because I never wanted to see it again. I did not derive an bit of enjoyment out of it; I am sure someone likes it, but I quickly decided that it had no place in my collection.

-Rob

I thought I was the only human being on the planet to have played that rubbish. I sold it about a month after trying to play it.

I'll have to look up the game Gabriel mentioned cause I thought nothing was worse than that. lol

• 5 months later...

I thought I'd chime back in on this thread because I finally tried out the SNES version of Race Drivin'. I really had no idea it could be as bad as it is.

I always kind of figured it was like the Genesis version of the game. It was blocky, and had a low framerate, and people used to the SNES just automatically bashed it. But I was oh so wrong.

To say the SNES version is blocky and low rez is an understatement. It makes the Genesis verison look like Gran Turismo on the PS3. The framerate is absolutely horrible. Most of the time it was only 1 frame per second, and sometimes it was dipping to 1 frame every 2 seconds. Then there was the control. I could see the control scheme they chose working for a game with a better framerate, but not for this abomination.

So yeah, everything bad you've ever heard about SNES Race Drivin' is true. I am soooo happy I didn't buy it back in the day.

^Heh. Glad we're on the...same...hang on, trying to get back on the road here...wait, what just happened?...

BTW, to amend my earlier post about Shadow: War of Succession, there's at least one game on the 3DO that's worse: Alfred Hitchcock Presents, a Japanese exclusive that may well be the most pathetic sham of a game I've ever played.

Not only is there virtually no content -- it's a timed concentration game, a roulette game, a couple dubbed clips of Hitchcock, and literally nothing else -- but the game cheats outright, running down the timer on the concentration game during forced/unskippable cutscenes and even disk access. And I suspect it cheats similarly during roulette as well. It's an abomination, and I doubt anyone's "worst game ever" list would remain intact after experiencing it.

Sure, blame the limitations of the N64 and not crappy programming.
They don't blame the limitation as much as they blame Warner for asking for impossible stuff.

THIS :

[media=480*360]

[/media]

Is what Titus wanted to do, and what they did.

According to them, the game is complete, or complete at 98%, but Warner refused to release it, and so this game is lost.

People that tested the demo of the game, it's a good game. Maybe not a ball blasting hi-quality game, but a very decent PS1 game.

I posted a list back in November, but I'd like to add the arcade version of Venture. It's probably a B- or C-list arcade title, so I know it does have its fans, but I just don't know how that's possible. We played it a while back here at the AA Arcade/MAME HSC and I was dumbfounded. From the controls to the graphics to the balance of the gameplay, I honestly cannot find a single redeeming quality in this game. Complete, utter garbage.

It's very rare for me to prefer a port over an arcade original, but I don't mind the 2600 version of the game.

• Like 1

I posted a list back in November, but I'd like to add the arcade version of Venture. It's probably a B- or C-list arcade title, so I know it does have its fans, but I just don't know how that's possible. We played it a while back here at the AA Arcade/MAME HSC and I was dumbfounded. From the controls to the graphics to the balance of the gameplay, I honestly cannot find a single redeeming quality in this game. Complete, utter garbage.

It's very rare for me to prefer a port over an arcade original, but I don't mind the 2600 version of the game.

I had a lot of good times playing the ColecoVision version. It was a popular game on that system. I agree that the controls on the arcade version kind of ruin it, and the difficulty level is too high. Or rather too cheap. The enemies are programmed to dodge your shots, which is annoying to say the least.

But there are plenty of worse arcade games.

Deadly Towers always sticks out in my mind as one of the worst games ever. I got it because of the cover art, and I was so let down when I actually began to play it. The graphics were just horrible. I did play all the way through it, though that experience hasn't really stuck with me over the years.

I really don't understand all the hate that E.T. gets, other than it being a bandwagon thing. I remember finishing it as a kid. That's more than I can say for a game like Raiders of the Lost Ark. I was always completely lost when trying to play it.

As for Karnov, I'm with those who enjoyed the game. I actually exchanged a copy of Double Dragon that was glitching for Karnov. I remember that I beat it, but I don't remember much about the game itself.

I wasn't very fond of the game, Action Fighter for the SMS. It's part Spy Hunter and part verticle scrolling shooter. The verticle scrolling part I hated. The bullets fired from enemy ships blended into the clouds, enemies took about 3-6 hits with the initial weapon, and when you died, you lose all your power-ups. I thought it would be a fun game but it's downright frustrating.

As for what made SNES Race Drivin' so terrible, my memory is that it wasn't just that the framerate was abysmal, but that the game oversteered like crazy, and the low framerate made it extremely difficult to get enough feedback to compensate for that. I have fond memories of the arcade game (well, Hard Drivin' at least), but this version felt like the signal was being bounced off the moon before it got to my TV screen. :D

The SNES version made the Genesis version look and feel arcade perfect, hell it doesn't even look like the same game.

Just watch the videos on YouTube of both the SNES and Genesis version and compare them, hell there are even a few people that actually try to defend the SNES version.

Edited by madmax2069

Let's see:

Karate (Ultravision/Froggo) (Atari VCS/2600)

Pit Fighter (SNES)

Any late 80s American home computer port of an arcade side-scroller except for Rastan on the Apple IIGS. That was cool.

Sonic (C64) Yes, this exists.

SNES Pit Fighter made it so I could never play another THQ game again. What an abomination.

I had no idea Sonic C64 existed. Is it an officially licensed Sega game?