IGNORED

Anybody else a 'Collector' of the TI-99 4/A?

schuwalker

At my local Game Over(vintage video game store), they are selling one for 40 bucks but has 2 or 3 keys missing. Did'nt know if it was worth it, so I didn't buy it. And the only games I saw we're Math and Tax programs. Eww. There might of been good games, but I did not see them.

At my local Game Over(vintage video game store), they are selling one for 40 bucks but has 2 or 3 keys missing. Did'nt know if it was worth it, so I didn't buy it. And the only games I saw we're Math and Tax programs. Eww. There might of been good games, but I did not see them.

Not a good deal there. Missing keys means you have to replace that keyboard.

Are you saying $40 for a TI-994/A? They usually can't be given away. I have one I've been trying to give away for literally a year. It has a couple keys that don't seem to work, but the machine itself works fine. No one seems to want the thing.

Are you saying $40 for a TI-994/A? They usually can't be given away. I have one I've been trying to give away for literally a year. It has a couple keys that don't seem to work, but the machine itself works fine. No one seems to want the thing.

Giving it away, you say?? ;) ;)

I have about 20 carts that I have aquired over the year or so buying out lots of Atari 8bit and other Atari games. No system, but I did find the original joysticks for 2.99 at a pawn shop. Look to be in good condtion!

I do however want one to have in the collection and play some of these games.

Edited by Shinju

Watch out for TI joysticks. They tend to die over time as the contacts are painted onto Mylar.. The best bet is to replace them with Atari style and an adapter. http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/hardware/cables/joystick.html

Greg

I have about 20 carts that I have aquired over the year or so buying out lots of Atari 8bit and other Atari games. No system, but I did find the original joysticks for 2.99 at a pawn shop. Look to be in good condtion!

I do however want one to have in the collection and play some of these games.

Watch out for TI joysticks. They tend to die over time as the contacts are painted onto Mylar.. The best bet is to replace them with Atari style and an adapter. http://www.mainbyte....s/joystick.html

Greg

I have a weird set of "Powerplay" joysticks for TI by a company named "Amiga". They are little tiny things, but they work nicely.

Console's worth like $10ea intact and working. Replacement keyboards that would probably cost 20-40 with shipping off ebay.. They sold like 2.8 million consoles.. but only about 300,000 expansion boxes were sold.. :P

Greg

Console's worth like $10ea intact and working. Replacement keyboards that would probably cost 20-40 with shipping off ebay.. They sold like 2.8 million consoles.. but only about 300,000 expansion boxes were sold.. :P

Greg

Got an extra complete loose console? :) kinda local shippning would be cheap!

I have a weird set of "Powerplay" joysticks for TI by a company named "Amiga". They are little tiny things, but they work nicely.

Same company that released Mogul Maniac and the Joyboard controller for the 2600, then developed the famous Amiga computer. I like those little sticks much better than the stock TI ones.

Anyone looking for pboxes: please contact Chris directly and say I sent you - Greg

All,

I have a few PEB's that I need gone.. One has a PC Power supply, this one comes with Flex cable and 32k card that has been modified for it. Whoever owned this one cut out part of slot 8 to mount a 3.5 drive. I also have the 3.5 drive that goes in it with the mounting bracket. $75.00 for this one..

Other pebs I have I will sell empty for $50.00 each. One has been modified to supply power to the 99/4a console (cable included).

Get with me if interested. These are taking up too much space..

Chris

c.v.schneider@att.net

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I would update this w/ my recent acquisition.

Finally managed to complete my boxed of officially released Atarisoft games! Believe it or not, I had a helluva a time finding a boxed Centipede. Don't know why, since the arcade was a popular at the time. Speaking of which, anybody think the Atarisoft games prod #'s are really low compared to other computer platforms? I would love to find actual #'s to back this up....

I'm going to concentrate on Funware (another company not easy to find boxed for) next and knock the occasional edutainment program I need along the way....

One other question... has anybody seen this artwork version of Car Wars before?

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1527&bih=850&q=ti+car+wars&oq=ti+car+wars&gs_l=img.3...1159.3296.0.3631.11.7.0.4.4.0.98.559.7.7.0...0.0...1ac.1.7.img.E_SU9xsy12E#imgrc=B2ebVTCQovMPUM%3A%3Bho6KRaYwZS7O1M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.videogamehouse.net%252FCarWarsManualNew.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.videogamehouse.net%252Fcarwars.html%3B816%3B1180

I have a copy of that version of the Car Wars manual. It is not common at all in the US, most every one I've seen came from Canada. That makes sense too, as it is in both English and French.

Good luck on finding boxed copies of all of the Funware carts. The hardest one is Video Vegas (with or without the box), and the next hardest boxes are St. Nick and Rabbit Trail. The others are comparatively easier. You are not likely to find all of them as original, sealed boxes, however.

I have a copy of that version of the Car Wars manual. It is not common at all in the US, most every one I've seen came from Canada. That makes sense too, as it is in both English and French.

Good luck on finding boxed copies of all of the Funware carts. The hardest one is Video Vegas (with or without the box), and the next hardest boxes are St. Nick and Rabbit Trail. The others are comparatively easier. You are not likely to find all of them as original, sealed boxes, however.

I had a feeling it was rare since I couldn't even find a loose cart.

BTW, I found a version that wasn't the multi-language cart listed/shown in an Triton catalog so... there was an English version then?

The physical cartridge (and label) is the same Car Wars that was sold in the US. Only the manual is different. My 7-year old happens to love playing Car Wars on my TI, which thoroughly annoys his mother. . .

There are a lot of European and a few Argentine variants of cartridges out there that are really difficult to find in the US--though many of them aren't difficult to find in Europe or Argentina, even today. There are also a lot of weird little label variants that only a completist would go after (guilty as charged, as I do have a lot of them).

The physical cartridge (and label) is the same Car Wars that was sold in the US. Only the manual is different. My 7-year old happens to love playing Car Wars on my TI, which thoroughly annoys his mother. . .

There are a lot of European and a few Argentine variants of cartridges out there that are really difficult to find in the US--though many of them aren't difficult to find in Europe or Argentina, even today. There are also a lot of weird little label variants that only a completist would go after (guilty as charged, as I do have a lot of them).

Thanks Kasrul! This whole time I was thinking there was a label variation as well for Car Wars! Kinda weird it's just the 'normal' label!?!

Edited by schuwalker