IGNORED

Wii U sold out!

atarian63

I see the Wii U getting discounted by at least $100 within six months like the 3DS. For Christmas, I was able to pick up a 3DS for $130 at Target. It was a good upgrade for our well used DS.

The 3DS wasn't selling, the Wii U is. The 3DS had no decent games at launch or for several months afterward, the Wii U has a much stronger library.

I don't think Nintendo will drop the price until after next Christmas, they just have no reason to. The WiiU won't be perpetually out of stock like the Wii was, but I bet every console sells within a week or so of arriving at a retailer, and at full price.

MAYBE the price might drop at Thanksgiving, if Sony or Microsoft pose a major challenge, but even then I would expect Nintendo to call their bluff rather than slash prices.

• Like 1

They should have both color options available for both SKU's. Some people might want their existing Wii accessories, which more often than not were white, to match their new Wii U.

Someone that wants that but wants a premium Wii U shouldn't be stuck with a different color.

In gloss I would have preferred white and I don't care if it would have stuck out against all my black entertainment equipment. That thing collects the finger prints. What does Nintendo have against matte?

I've been seeing more and more in stock around where I'm at. Before it was one or two basics here and there but the local Best Buy, Target and Wal-Mart all had a couple or so deluxes on the 26th.

Edited by GKC

Black is way cooler for a home console than white. Seriously, just about every single piece of AV equipment they manufacture in today's market is black nowadays.

While i'd always select black for electronics when given the choice, it still doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of Wii accessories were white.

So the option to buy the premium model in that color so it matches your existing Wii accessories you already own would've been nice.

That's what I meant by that.

While i'd always select black for electronics when given the choice, it still doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of Wii accessories were white.

So the option to buy the premium model in that color so it matches your existing Wii accessories you already own would've been nice.

Are the cases physically the same? Buy one of each and then switch the internals of the Deluxe edition into the Standard case? Problem sloved.

You see that kind of stuff happen all the time with Star Wars figures. People would return the packaging with completely different figures inside it. Walmart will take ANYTHING back.

Its called stealing.. Really cool.. Yep low lifes try everything for a gram..