IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club 1.11 ~ Starmaster Game 4

Vocelli

Scoring On Level 4:

You get 100 points for each enemy ship destoyed.

There are 31 on Game 4.

You get -100 every time you dock

You get -500 for each starbase that is destroyed

You get -1 point for each stardate

After completing the Game 4 (destroying all enemies) you get 6900 bonus points!

So 6900 (bonus) + 3100 (ships destroyed) - (100 every dock) - (500 each destroyed starbase) - (1 each stardate) = Total points

I think that how it works... not 100% sure but that what I get from reading the directions.

So in order to break 7K you basically just need to finish Game 4.

In order to get 9K you need.... oh geeze!

I'll be getting some Starmaster time in tonight. Can't wait!

It's possible to complete mission 4 without losing any starbases, but it's extremely difficult, unless you're a good shot and an expert at avoiding enemy fire. The only advice I can give you is that they always go for the starbases in the same order. I think they target the bottom right starbase first. As long as you hold them off, they'll keep going for that starbase. Knowing that, you can plan your strategy for keeping them from surrounding that first starbase. It also helps to know that because you can have them come to you, rather than you warping to them (costing precious fuel.)

Edited by Deteacher
  • Like 1

I am having a love/hate relationship with this game.

I think it is very creative and challenging. Adicting but unforgiving.

My strategy is to not even to try to defend the first base. I don't think I could ever save it.

I head toward the second base slowly and try to defend that base. If I take damage early then I dock at the first base and then once again head toward the second base.

I have gotten as close as ONE ship left with 3 bases still in place. It is always the shield damage that kills me!

I also never try to fly to an enemy sector with less than 2500 energy. Although I might try to kill one ship and leave for a base.

Also, I feel that as soon as I kill 6-9 ships that it gets easier. Not sure why.

Good Luck. Hoping someone gets 9K!

I am having a love/hate relationship with this game.

I think it is very creative and challenging. Adicting but unforgiving.

My strategy is to not even to try to defend the first base. I don't think I could ever save it.

I head toward the second base slowly and try to defend that base. If I take damage early then I dock at the first base and then once again head toward the second base.

I have gotten as close as ONE ship left with 3 bases still in place. It is always the shield damage that kills me!

I also never try to fly to an enemy sector with less than 2500 energy. Although I might try to kill one ship and leave for a base.

Also, I feel that as soon as I kill 6-9 ships that it gets easier. Not sure why.

Good Luck. Hoping someone gets 9K!

Yeah, I also noticed that on level 3 (which I'm still working on) the game gets easier after the first several ships are knocked out. I'll play 3 or 4 games in a row where I die almost immediately because it's so difficult, then on the next game I happen to get thru the beginning ok and the rest is cruising. It seems that the game was programmed to inflict damage on your vessel more readily at the start of the game than later in the game.

I don't try to defend the first base either. Even on level 3, I assume the destruction of base 1 is inevitable.

Well, enjoy your love/hate :woozy:

Well, it's not looking good for the team bonus. Very cool game, though. It's like an action-based version of Stellar Track,which is a strategy game based on an old text adventure game. I suggest we try Stellar Track some time, even though you don't get numerical scores. The name rankings could be converted to point scores (e.g. "Admiral" = 15 pts., "Commodore" = 12 pts., etc.). ;)

Vocelli, will you be taking game suggestions for next season?

Damn,

I am so close to saving 3 bases. Shield death always costs me!

I feel I can do it but my cart died last night :(

So, off to the vintage video game store today. Yes, there is a warehouse that sells vintage video games right up the highway! :grin:

Of note, if you guys want me to continue next season, then YES, I will take multiple requests. Stellar Track is a game I have but never tried. I will have to read the manual on that one.

This season is already set and I am not changing any games. So all requests will be for next season. Just PM me.

After this season, I will take a four week break to organize next season and then we start again. Only if you want me back.

Of note: next weeks game will be posted Saturday night not Saturday morning. I am in OC, MD for a day.

Vocelli : 7833

post-28484-0-55019700-1354197372_thumb.jpg

• Like 1