IGNORED

Best web sites to find CIB Colecovovision games?

Jaymiester

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for suggestions on web sites that might help me finish my Colecovision collection. I'm not looking for homebrews, just original US releases. I'm down to thirteen games and I'm currently getting nowhere with the sites I check regularly.

I normally look for games at:

GameGavel

Ebay

Amazon

Atari2600.com

Tradengames.com

Classicgamesource.com

Rareearthvideogames.com

ECrater.com

Gameovervideogames.com

4Jays.net

Estarland.com

Craigslist

Where do you hunt for your Colecovision games?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and most certainly explored!

In case you were wondering, I'm specifically looking for:

Cabbage Patch Kids - Picture Show

Campaign '84 (either box version)

Frogger 2

Galaxian

Keystone Kapers

Learning with Leeper

One on One Basketball

Q*bert's Qubes

Quest for Quintana Roo (either box version)

Sewer Sam (seen it here, but can't get Ozama to respond)

Super Sketch - Sketch Master

Threshold

Wizmath

If you have one and would part with it, please PM me.

If you know where one is being sold, please direct me to it!

Thanks,

Jay

You've basically covered all the usual suspects to search for CIB games, with eBay and Atari2600.com being the BEST places to find them. The only other suggestion would be CraigsList (a baron wasteland in the Chicagoland area), Thrift stores (gotta get real lucky to find anything related to CV CIBs, especially rarer titles), Flea Markets (sellers are more and more educated about stuff they have, so rare items tend to go to eBay), Estate Sales, Garage/Yard Sales and Storage Unit Auctions (gotta do a lot of research on these).

For me, it's been two large purchases of CIBs from AA members that got the ball rolling and then a lot of eBay bidding wars (can you say overpaying) to get to where I am and that is 4 CIBs needed... not counting the Super Sketch or Xonox Double-Enders. Thanksfully the only other one on your list (and many others) that I need is WizMath, so we won't have to butt heads and drive-up the price.

It all boils down to a lot of patience, which I know I don't have and it sounds like your's is running thin. This is the worst possible position to be in as you tend to really overpay to win an auction... but it's so damn hard when you know how infrequently these rare CIBs become available.

Good Luck with the hunt!

• Like 1

I was wondering how you had Xenox Double enders CIB, and Boulder dash CIB, and CBS Football(Soccer) CIB and not those more common games but

then I saw that you say you only want US versions so I guess that gets rid of some of the hardest to find CIBs

I only need the Xenox double enders which I am not holding my breath.

Pretty much all those places are a waste of time for CIB except Ebay and Atari2600

I was wondering how you had Xenox Double enders CIB, and Boulder dash CIB, and CBS Football(Soccer) CIB and not those more common games but

then I saw that you say you only want US versions so I guess that gets rid of some of the hardest to find CIBs

I only need the Xenox double enders which I am not holding my breath.

Pretty much all those places are a waste of time for CIB except Ebay and Atari2600

So when did you finally pickup Motocross Racer by Xonox? BTW, congrats!

Why are you calling him "Mexico"...? :?

His location is listed as Mexico, Mexico under his profile pic. I thought it humorous that a fellow Colecovision fan from Mexico found my US typo first.

I had been looking for a way to edit it before someone mentioned it, but Nanochess busted me before I found a solution.

I guess my Southern humor doesn't translate Internationally eh? ;)

Sometimes I sell some stuff at my place if someone is interested : http://www.colecobox...eco_forsale.htm

:)

I'll add that to my list of sites Crapahute!

His location is listed as Mexico, Mexico under his profile pic. I thought it humorous that a fellow Colecovision fan from Mexico found my US typo first.

I had been looking for a way to edit it before someone mentioned it, but Nanochess busted me before I found a solution.

I guess my Southern humor doesn't translate Internationally eh? ;)

There are quite a few users (newbies to the AA forums mostly) who will call you Star Raider instead of Jaymiester. ;)

• Like 1

I still have the 5 Sunrise games in silver box new unopened. Also have some Sunrise in yellow boxes new cib unopened as well.

One on One I will receive some this week. will post the photos.

That's great to hear Ozama!

I'd really like to get a deal with you done for:

Campaign '84

Quest for Quintana Roo

Mountain King (I have it already, but the box is a little beat up)

One on One basketball

Sewer Sam (Mentioned by you in another thread)

As long as they are all US version, I'm in!

Edited by Jaymiester