IGNORED

A Question regarding the game Fight For Life

ReddMcKnight

I don't think it's defensive at all for someone to be a bit irked after posting a question about an unlockable ending in a game and then have that thread flooded with people slagging off said game whilst ignoring the question completely. Bearing in mind most the people out there in the world think the same about all of the games we play on the Jaguar ;).

Got FFL on the way (really looking forward to the 2-player mode if the character customisation lives up to what I've heard), so interested if anyone does discover the criteria for unlocking the good ending.

Edited by averybluemonkey

Think it might vaguely have something to do with perfects, or unbeaten in all rounds. I haven't played the game for years, but the only times I got that 'happy ending' was when I exploited one of the many fighting flaws in the game and beat it using the guy with the blue top, shades and hat (what was his name... Pog/Pug?!?) without loosing a round. Alternatively the not implemented/ implemented hi score system might be at work. I only ever got it with that one character, but was never all that good with the others. Tip - For winning with him without loosing leap in the air (you're for some reason invincible in the air) and get your opponent with a kick then when he's down activate the sliding special move and knock him over as he gets up. Retreat and do again. Boring but easy (and pretty lame) way to win the game. If you are real careful on this (it is super boring which is the hardest part) I think you probably beat the game with full perfects on everything..

Think it might vaguely have something to do with perfects, or unbeaten in all rounds. I haven't played the game for years, but the only times I got that 'happy ending' was when I exploited one of the many fighting flaws in the game and beat it using the guy with the blue top, shades and hat (what was his name... Pog/Pug?!?) without loosing a round. Alternatively the not implemented/ implemented hi score system might be at work. I only ever got it with that one character, but was never all that good with the others. Tip - For winning with him without loosing leap in the air (you're for some reason invincible in the air) and get your opponent with a kick then when he's down activate the sliding special move and knock him over as he gets up. Retreat and do again. Boring but easy (and pretty lame) way to win the game. If you are real careful on this (it is super boring which is the hardest part) I think you probably beat the game with full perfects on everything..

I beat it with the kick move too first night I got it. Though I got the bad ending so I think I lost a round or two before I figured out how to do it. Never really played the game again after that.

I beat it with the kick move too first night I got it. Though I got the bad ending so I think I lost a round or two before I figured out how to do it. Never really played the game again after that.

I played it a lot when I first got the game, at the time I thought despite the game play flaws it looked ok (for the time) and had some interesting ideas, certainly not bad for a cart game. It was the game play flaws like that kick thing, that meant it eventually got played less and less.

I don't think it's defensive at all for someone to be a bit irked after posting a question about an unlockable ending in a game and then have that thread flooded with people slagging off said game whilst ignoring the question completely. Bearing in mind most the people out there in the world think the same about all of the games we play on the Jaguar ;).

I agree - I'm not even a fan of the game and this irked me a bit. I can appreciate a playful jab here and there, but as someone mentioned in the 'WTF is going on around here' (or whatever it was called thread), it is bizarre how so many people can't seem to fathom how anyone could like something they don't like. I'm probably guilty of having done this to people in the past, too, but have learned over time that just about everyone has those quirky games/movies/bands that they enjoy even though they are in the minority.

Also, while I don't really consider myself to be overly sensitive, I would probably feel a bit insulted by some of the things said here if I were the original poster, too. It may just be that some of the joke was lost when converted to text, but a lot of it came off as being extremely condescending.

So the next time one of you naysayers thinks about bashing somebody for not seeing eye to eye with you on some game, perhaps think about those times you've sat in a dark room, listening to music that you'd never let ANYONE know you own. Give us fellow weirdos a break. :)

• Like 1

Turn up the difficulty and see if you can get away with one cheap move. The game has a learning curve in control, 90% of which is all in the timing, do things too quick or too slow and they don't work, but on the plus side, once you do get the timing down, it's incredible the combinations and chain-moves along with special moves one can accomplish, all wrapped into one long chain for some awsome fights.

Edited by Gunstar

Turn up the difficulty and see if you can get away with one cheap move. The game has a learning curve in control, 90% of which is all in the timing, do things too quick or too slow and they don't work, but on the plus side, once you do get the timing down, it's incredible the combinations and chain-moves along with special moves one can accomplish, all wrapped into one long chain for some awsome fights.

I haven't played it for a long time (maybe three years or more), but if memory serves me correctly that cheap flying kick move and slide combo worked on every level. But you're right if you play fair FFL put up a real nice fight, I must admit I never got the combos down for a lot of the characters, only the ones that involved rubbing the d-pad like crazy! :)

I agree - I'm not even a fan of the game and this irked me a bit. I can appreciate a playful jab here and there, but as someone mentioned in the 'WTF is going on around here' (or whatever it was called thread), it is bizarre how so many people can't seem to fathom how anyone could like something they don't like. I'm probably guilty of having done this to people in the past, too, but have learned over time that just about everyone has those quirky games/movies/bands that they enjoy even though they are in the minority.

Also, while I don't really consider myself to be overly sensitive, I would probably feel a bit insulted by some of the things said here if I were the original poster, too. It may just be that some of the joke was lost when converted to text, but a lot of it came off as being extremely condescending.

So the next time one of you naysayers thinks about bashing somebody for not seeing eye to eye with you on some game, perhaps think about those times you've sat in a dark room, listening to music that you'd never let ANYONE know you own. Give us fellow weirdos a break. :)

You, my friend, are made of win. Thank you. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi. I've been working on this game, and still can't find any good ending to it. I also can't find any Higher Difficulty Levels. The manual mentions a "Gatekeeper", but I haven't seen such a character. The game always ends after beating Junior. Any more advice on this?

I spoke with the programmer recently because I had a few questions and one of them coincidentally enough was regarding the incredibly lengthy matches. (directly relating to how or why the game is enjoyable or not). He explained that it was an engineering team vs. marketing team battle and that the marketing team thought the longer matches ultimately made a better game and more enjoyable for the consumer because the engineers would debate the same thing. Marketing team apparently handed the engineers their asses in the game so... it went from there. What I gathered is that if you suck at FFl, you're not going to like it.... but many people really enjoyed the Beta version because the matches were much shorter, making the game feel faster and I guess would lead to a game being beaten in no time. I suck at FFL so I enjoy the shorter matches of the beta version better, but that's just me.

Longer battles would definitely give you more time to learn all the moves and how to execute them as well.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason, I can't edit my post above. Anyway...

Tonight, I beat the game, and got a good ending! It was a bit...mysterious, but I did get a good ending! I have no idea what I did, but I did it! :D

After reading this thread, it made me want to beat FFL and see what ending I would get. So I did, and I'm pretty sure I got the 'bad ending'. I played as Kimura (the white ninja). Which character did you play as and how well did you do in every fight? (If you can remember).

Thanks.

After reading this thread, it made me want to beat FFL and see what ending I would get. So I did, and I'm pretty sure I got the 'bad ending'. I played as Kimura (the white ninja). Which character did you play as and how well did you do in every fight? (If you can remember).

Thanks.

I remember not fighting that well, but I can tell you this, I used Pog. I think that may have something to do with it.

I remember not fighting that well, but I can tell you this, I used Pog. I think that may have something to do with it.

Hmm, I never played as him before. I only stuck with the white ninja because, frankly, he's the only character that's the least corny lol. Anyways, I'll play as Pog and see what I get at the end.

Thanks!

Edited by Latin Kid

Hmm, I never played as him before. I only stuck with the white ninja because, frankly, he's the only character that's the least corny lol. Anyways, I'll play as Pog and see what I get at the end.

Thanks!

Yes I remember getting a good ending with Pog aswell. I guess he was considered the protagonist of the game. It's too long ago but I think there was also something like this about his "backstory" in the manual or something...

Pog doesn't look the protagonist type. But oh well, I beat the game as him and got what looked to have been the "good ending". It wasn't any better than the bad one lol.

Is it me, or is it kinda difficult to read the devil guy's text during the ending cutscenes?

Edited by Latin Kid

• 2 weeks later...

Pog doesn't look the protagonist type. But oh well, I beat the game as him and got what looked to have been the "good ending". It wasn't any better than the bad one lol.

Is it me, or is it kinda difficult to read the devil guy's text during the ending cutscenes?

I think there's only 2 or maybe 3 possible endings anyway:

What's so special about you, mortal, that I, the God of Lies am forced to forfeit my power in my domain? You beat my son, an the Ultimate Power of the Universe is forcing me to honor my word. Be warned, POG. I'm not through with you...

In an explosion of light, POG vansihes and is reborn in a place which looks like earth, smells like earth, feels like earth but what the hell is that thing in the sky ????

(I guess this is why there is a pterodactyl in the game...)

8440029686_3e85e661ae_z.jpg

So, you've beaten my son, and now you think I'm going to let you go. Where do you think you are? Heaven? I'm the Father of Lies, and my promises mean nothing. You were mine as soon as you entered the Specter Zone, and you'll stay here, with me, until the end of time.

8440132248_59d8a1d108_z.jpg

Edited by Clint Thompson