IGNORED

HSC Season #3 - Game #15 Carol vs the WORLD!

No no, I didn't know. I don't watch it. :). HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Even if I don't qualify for a patch, it's been a really fun game. I haven't played an Intellivision game this much since I was a kid. dZ, thanks for the game and thanks for setting up the competition! I believe this is the spirit we need in the community...camaraderie, encouragement, good times! We are all winners! I wish everyone the best for 2013. We have a great community here and I'm glad to be a part of it. OK, enough of the wine-fueled gibberish....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

• Like 2

OH! I did not think it were possible! A last minute sniper. LOL!

Congratulations, Grand Elf Master WispFollower!

There's still a bit more than one hour left. Liduario, are you going to let that stand like that? ;)

-dZ.

CvW Leaderboard updated.

Thank you, DZ. I had a lot of fun and got really addicted to this game. It was an honor to play in this contest with all of you!

Alright! And it is now 00:00, Central Standard Time. Carol's Super-Duper Christmas Championship Extravaganza is closed.

As the tournament rules state, the official winners will be announced no later than January 6th, 2013. The judges will now go through all entries and review them to make sure everything is fine. Also, the official CvW Leaderboard is open for scrutiny to the public. Your feedback is welcomed. However, keep in mind that the judges have the final say in all matters.

For more information on the rules, visit the Christmas Carol vs. The World! web site.

Thank you all for playing, it's been a wonderful tournament. I hope you all had fun. I'm going to bed now, and tomorrow I'll come back and deal with the aftermath.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

-dZ.

Thank you, DZ. I had a lot of fun and got really addicted to this game. It was an honor to play in this contest with all of you!

You are welcomed! It looks like you won! However, give it a few days for the judges to review and validate all entries. We also accept entries sent via e-mail and those can arrive a bit late, though we take the e-mail header timestamp as the entry time.

Congratulations, WispFollower! That was an amazing score! :)

Ouch, the ghost caught me when I was so close to get the final present.

I don't think sniper technic was the reason wispfollower won.

He achieved a really high score, congratulations!

I played until last day and only feared when I said I wouldn't play more.

This month was really fun. I didn't push to the point fun gives place to painful work and thus I got the most of xmas Carol.

Oh, and I have good news!

This year I must become a programmer.

In my desk there's even a book for making games.

A dream of a specialized Christmas Carol...

If it's for my own study (not releasing it), Dz may not be angry for copying his ideas...

Of course it wont be for intellivision, too difficult!

And won't have high quality, I'm not Dz.

But, yes, I'm jumping into the great circle of programmers.

With python first.

• Like 3

Ouch, the ghost caught me when I was so close to get the final present.

I don't think sniper technic was the reason wispfollower won.

He achieved a really high score, congratulations!

I played until last day and only feared when I said I wouldn't play more.

This month was really fun. I didn't push to the point fun gives place to painful work and thus I got the most of xmas Carol.

I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed the game so much.

Congratulations to Liduario, WispFollower, Oscar G., and Cparsley for pushing the limits of the game while maintaining the atmosphere of the tournament fun and enjoyable for everyone.

Congratulations to all Santa's Elves--of all ranks--for their great achievements as well! I bet none of you expected to get your score as high as you did. It is a difficult game, but a great deal of you made it to save Christmas! :)

Oh, and I have good news!

This year I must become a programmer.

In my desk there's even a book for making games.

A dream of a specialized Christmas Carol...

If it's for my own study (not releasing it), Dz may not be angry for copying his ideas...

Of course it wont be for intellivision, too difficult!

And won't have high quality, I'm not Dz.

But, yes, I'm jumping into the great circle of programmers.

With python first.

Great! I'll try to help as I can. By the way, I am working on a simplified programming framework to simplify the work of making Intellivision games. I plan on releasing it to the public when it's done. You may be able to make Intellivision games, and you'll be surprise how accessible it is. Although it was a childhood dream, I never really thought it was possible for me to do it--and look at me now! :)

-dZ.

• Like 2

P-machinery -> python-machinery?

Just kidding.

But what does it use?

Basic in a similar way batari Basic does with assembly for Atari 2600?

P-Machinery is not a language, just a framework, a library of routines and macros that abstract some of the most mundane tasks. You'll still need to learn Assembly.

I was originally planning on working on a new language for it, but that will be much later. (VERY MUCH later.)

("P-Machinery" comes from Pac-Machine, which stands for "Pac-Man State Machine," because that's what I originally designed it for. I then changed the name to "P-Machinery," because that is the title of a cool Italo Disco song from the 1980s that I like.) :)

• Like 1

Hello DZ,

It is very kind of you to have shared the Carol vs Ghost game with everybody. This is the reason why boys and girls of all ages enjoyed the game. December 2012 was a great month for the INTV. I would never have thought that my nephews would ask me to play Intellivision in 2012!

I am pretty sure that once P-Machinery is released the INTV community will have another shake down and the INTV will be more popular. Hopefully the world will eventually recognize what a great console the Intellivision IS (and not was).

Best wishes to all of you!

• Like 1

I'm starting the reviewing process now.

Step 1 - non-officially finalizing the leaderboard...

Step 2 - reviewing scores starting at the to

Step 3 - Contacting the other judge (if needed)

Step 4 - Announcing who gets to talk to DZ to customize the game (and who those lovely Elf patches go to)

Step 5 - Get the 2nd KO tournament ready/underway.

I'm starting the reviewing process now.

Step 1 - non-officially finalizing the leaderboard...

Step 2 - reviewing scores starting at the to

Step 3 - Contacting the other judge (if needed)

Step 4 - Announcing who gets to talk to DZ to customize the game (and who those lovely Elf patches go to)

Step 5 - Get the 2nd KO tournament ready/underway.

Has the season ended?If so, congratulations for winning the HSC title!A new knock out tourney! I joined Atariage during the first one and I loved it even being outside contestants.Can a player go for more than one system?I play in many HSCs:-)

Has the season ended?If so, congratulations for winning the HSC title! A new knock out tourney! I joined Atariage during the first one and I loved it even being outside contestants. Can a player go for more than one system? I play in many HSCs:-)

What is a knock out tournament?