IGNORED

TRS-80 Color Computer - Cartridge list/rarity guide?

tremoloman2006

Yeah its space probe math. Kinda a choose your own adventure typa deal. Dad bought it thinking weed be smart....

I apologise for cutting in guys I like talking tandy!! I also screwed up this post by clicking quote instead of edit.. I will show ya my kat attack cart tho.. Like its worth over 100.00 bucks it would be more rare than my most rare atari stuff(water ski 7800)

Edited by Jinks

Hey SQL!

Where are programs available via WAV?

Also... multi-cart / flash drives?

I searched the web and didn't find anything. If you could post a link to these I'd GREATLY appreciate it!!! :)

Trem,

here is a page with a link to a program that will convert .BIN files to WAV so you can load them through the casette port:

http://www.coco3.com/community/2010/04/coco-bin-to-wav-help/

One of the free emulator packages has a utility for pulling whatever game .BIN file you select out of a .dsk image; you will need to do that before you can turn it into a WAV; there are also a lot of direct .BIN files floating around you can use the toWAV utility on :)

Canyon Climber is a great cart! I remember getting that one when it first came out :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I went to a "computer" and they dont allow jpg. I dont belong to any photosharing places, fackebook twitter blogs phtobucket etc. so I can tell you its a white cart that look pretty much mint oh well, My first time tring to do pics on AA Thats why I dont have a avatar pic I dont know how..

As I recall, there was a lot on ebay back in 2010 which had 3 Anteco carts - Katerpiller Attack, 8-ball, and Galax Attax along with a bunch of other more common coco carts with their manuals.

The lot ended around $300 give or take and I think its safe to assume the auction reached that price because of the Anteco carts so I'd say that safe rough estimate would be $100 and in my personal opinion - Katerpiller Attack is the best of the 3 and is a very good Centipede clone.

I wish I had it, that's for sure, but I'm not shelling out $100 for one coco game. If you put it on ebay be sure to post about it at the Coco mailing list, you'll get a lot of good bids from those guys. Boisy Pitre (co-owner of Cloud9tech) recently sold some of his coco hardware and it went very high.

100 for a r 10 game. just not much hype with coco as atari.

I think I will keep it for another 20 years and see what they say then..

Very neat to find though. Thanks for your help. So more rare than all my atari stuff 26 and 7800 but still worth about the same..

Coco carts fall into that category where they're rare but not quite as desirable. The collecting base for the Tandy Color Computer is very small compared to the 2600 or NES, and as such, they don't get the attention or bids that other systems games do.

I don't think I've paid more than $10 for one coco cart (Rampage and Arkanoid IIRC) but I was willing because they're both excellent games. Most fall into the $5 range though IMO.

If you're thinking it'll appreciate in value in the next 20 years I seriously doubt it. As I said, the coco has a much smaller user base and that base is shrinking as these collectors get older and unlike a popular video game system, there really aren't any young collectors willing to take up the mantle of collecting a fairly obscure 80's computer. I'm not saying you should sell, but in 20 years most coco collectors may be dead or in nursing homes. I'd say from those I've met online and in watching video of cocofests, many die hard coco fans are in their mid-40's to mid-60's. In 20 years a great percentage of them will have shuffled off this mortal coil.

EDIT - I decided to go on youtube and look up some cocofest videos. Here's one from 2010. Now aside from a few like Allen Huffman, Boisy Pitre and Aaron Wolfe, take a guess at the average age in this video. Hell, I'll be 63 in 20 years. I don't think I'll remember my name, let alone what a "coco" is. :D I seriously doubt you want to wait 20 years :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txv-SeW9-40

Edited by AtariLeaf

Oh well I am not a collector of coco. It will be a nice conversation piece for the bugs in the basement. For 100.00 its not worth selling..

What I need to do is get it flashed into a real shitty game with a t handle on top and get media exposure.. Then it would be worth 25k.