IGNORED

z26 for Windows (beta)

Eckhard Stolberg

John Saeger has just released a first beta version of z26 for Windows. You can download the executable and the source code here. Some things are still missing in this release, most noticeably the GUI. So please have a close look at the included README.TXT file to find out how to use this program.

It would be nice, if you could try out the new version of z26 and let us know how it works on your computer. Also if there are any features missing that are important to you, please let us know too, and we'll try to port them over to the Windows version next.

Thanks, Eckhard Stolberg

John Saeger has just released a first beta version of z26 for Windows. You can download the executable and the source code here. Some things are still missing in this release, most noticeably the GUI. So please have a close look at the included README.TXT file to find out how to use this program.

It would be nice, if you could try out the new version of z26 and let us know how it works on your computer. Also if there are any features missing that are important to you, please let us know too, and we'll try to port them over to the Windows version next.

Thanks, Eckhard Stolberg

Time to upgrade again I guess.

I noticed with 1 version (or the version I had before then), the colours were wrong in some games.

But now there are OK.

:)

The only thing I would like to see added is a PAL Emulation or Scan-Lines or something just to make it looked like the way it looked on our older Color TV-SETS.

My Monitor is so sharp and a Old Color TV was rather blurry which was good because it helped block out the graphic bugs in some games.

Well Ill go upgrade my Z26 once again and see if theres any difference.

You can specify command-line switches to emulate scanlines and the PAL pallette...check the readme.txt file (see the Video Mode selections)

If you can open a MsDos box, you can type Z26 plus any command switches you want loaded. If you don't specify a game, these options will be saved as the default mode.

Once you have the .cli written, it will be loaded automatically.

But anyway, to the topic...I think that it would be good to have variable farmerates (so you can change them in-game...like speeding up while Chess decides it's move, and slowing back down to make yours). That and debugging capabilities (changing values or registers in-game). Either of those possible?

:x

Well after simply typing 1 command switch it didnt work so I deleted the

CLI File and what do u know it still didnt work.

WERID !

I cant use Atari 2600 Nostiginai anymore.

It must of wrote to my system registry or something.

On version 1.57 im continuou getting the error message - Halt 32@2869

So I deleted the entire Z26 Directory and installed version 2.04

And a new error comes up.

JAM Instruction 32 @ 2869

No matter what I cant get Z26 to work anymore.

This sucks!

:sad:

...I think that it would be good to have variable farmerates (so you can change them in-game...like speeding up while Chess decides it's move, and slowing back down to make yours).

That's really a hell of a good idea, actually.

The biggest feature I would like in a 2600 emulator is being able to play online.

New in PCAEWin 2.6:

Added Kaillera net-play support. Using this will open up emulation in a separate pop-up window. Players can chat among one another by hitting the slash key and typing chat text.

Perhaps someday we can play with/against one another via the Net. :)

Z26 (DOS) works fine under XP.

Yep.. I can't get the DOS version to run too great either on my XP. And I've tweaked the memory settings and compatibility as well. The best I can get it to run is w/ crappy sound :sad:

Adavie, if you got it to run well, would you be able to document here the settings you specified to get it to work on yours? :?

The biggest feature I would like in a 2600 emulator is being able to play online.

New in PCAEWin 2.6:

Added Kaillera net-play support. Using this will open up emulation in a separate pop-up window. Players can chat among one another by hitting the slash key and typing chat text.

Everybody I've talked to has had no luck at all in getting that to work :sad: . I've tried it out myself too, no luck. If you know how to get it to work, I'd definitely be willing to play against you, or anybody else for that matter.

New in PCAEWin 2.6:

Everybody I've talked to has had no luck at all in getting that to work :sad: . I've tried it out myself too, no luck. If you know how to get it to work, I'd definitely be willing to play against you, or anybody else for that matter.

I also tried that with pcaewin2.6 and it bombed out a couple times.

Dan Iacovelli

I think that it would be good to have variable farmerates (so you can change them in-game...like speeding up while Chess decides it's move, and slowing back down to make yours).

Go on, admit it. You just want the cows to go faster in Stampede.

It's subtle. Think about it.