IGNORED

Bugs n' Bots and Lock n' Chase initial impressions

sqoon

The sound bug happens in both Classic and Extended Mode and from what I have noticed, the sound bug corrects itself after getting a Bonus Item.

Still, one of my favorite ColecoVision games of all time and climbing the charts. LnC is the perfect compliment to other maze games i the CV's stable of games that use doors in their gameplay (Mouse Trap, Lady Bug).

The sound bug happens in both Classic and Extended Mode and from what I have noticed, the sound bug corrects itself after getting a Bonus Item.

Still, one of my favorite ColecoVision games of all time and climbing the charts. LnC is the perfect compliment to other maze games i the CV's stable of games that use doors in their gameplay (Mouse Trap, Lady Bug).

There you go. just get a bonus, and life's good. It's a feature!

That's a problem ... how to fix a bug, it seems i can't reproduce ...

When I first played the game I did not read the manual. So I did not press any button at all during game to make yellow doors shut. I played for hour or so. Today I read manual and found thief can shut doors with button press. Now since I used the button press I can make bug appear - no sound when picking up gold coins. Hopefully this provides a lead to the issue.

I can also confirm when bonus is collected that gold coin eating sound comes back. Music is always present, even when gold coin sound is lost. I once had a 2nd or 3rd game start without gold coin sound.

2nd way to get gold coin sound back to to close a yellow door.

bug seems to happen after one uses close door button, and get bonus prize in center of game, and then dies - just really hard to figure exactly.

LnC plays best with 4 way controller, but so far even with that I can only get to level 6 and 1800 points :(

Edited by grips03

after more testing:

no gold coin sound:

press button for yellow door to close and quickly after the cops catch the thief

fix sound issue:

press button to close yellow door

grab bonus prize in middle

My CV has standard bios

Ok, i've suceed in reproduce the bug ... You must be catch by a thief during the "close door" sound. And this bug is not only in the last revision but on older revision too.

The "close door" sound have a higher priority on the "catch pill" sound. So if the "close door" sound haven't finished, i don't play the "catch pill" sound. When you are catched, the sound is stopped before the end of it ... So it doesn't play the "catch pill" until there is no "catch bonus" or "close door" sound played again ...

Really sorry for that, but i really haven't met this bug. (Must admit that i pass 15 or 20 levels before dying cause extensive playing/testing of the game ... and i stop playing before game over to correct bug/gameplay ...).

• Like 4