IGNORED

Anybody else seeing this?

Nukey Shay

Ok, Al, I got the error, at the same time whilst getting a double post.

Cut and paste:

Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information for you.

To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh button.

Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information for you.  

To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh button.

This just sounds like the page timed out for some reason, since Internet Explorer displayed its own error message. The message people were seeing yesterday was actually generated by the forum because it could not connect to the mail server.

Did you hit refresh when you saw the message? If so, that would explain the double post. When you hit refresh after submitting a form, the information is sent again. In the example where you had just hit "Submit" to post a message, that will effectively cuase you to hit "Submit" again, and hence the double post. If you're not sure if a message was posted, just open another browser window (or tab) and check to see if the message is there.. If it is, you don't want to hit refresh. :)

..Al

No...I nearly always open threads in a new window. When I recieved that message, I closed it. Weird. Plus, when replying last night it took forever for the posting screen to change (either to the message I mentioned or the "message as been posted" screen). I didn't see the above message last night, though.

BTW I thought this site blocked double posts?