IGNORED

BurgerTime x 2

intvdave

The pepper (ice cream, ketchup, mug, fries) shows up when the 4th ingredient is pushed down to the bottom.

There 7 screens to a level. The game calls each screen a level though. Since there were only 7, this is not a big deal. With me expanding them though and making the screen selection random, it does not make sense to keep calling each screen a level.

The random screen selection will help the player have a chance of seeing all the screens. At the same time, it will require you to play it a lot. Is not that the purpose :)

With what you are saying, does that mean the very first board you start off with could randomly be the hardest board in the game? :-D

The game I really want to be Intellivoice-enhanced is Microsurgeon. The TI-99/4A version uses the speech synthesizer, and I know it'd be extremely helpful to have the game tell you when something's up.

Oh my! My head just exploded with the possibilities of this. Intellivoiced Microsurgeon, wow! :)

-dZ.

If there was only one minor gripe on the Intellivision version it would be that the enemies don't stay grouped together after you drop them on a bun. And it's harder to group them together as well. But i guess that's what makes the Intellivision version unique. I have seen some videos on Youtube on grouping the enemies and they can get scores in the Millions. But then again i guess you could say those versions are easier and wimpy because of those tricks. lol

Grouping is definitely harder, but not impossible. They have some randomness to how they come out of a drop, but the layouts of the levels are such that you can time enemy paths so regrouping is achievable. I've specialized in the Inty version and the last game I played was about 508k ending at board 19, where my board 1 score was 54,500. It takes a lot of 4000 drops and being able to regroup them effectively. When they start throwing in more pickle randomness in late levels it gets harder to group but you can still pull off 8000 drops. By the time you get past three loops of 7, it becomes insanely hard. I've only gotten past board 22 maybe once. Key is maximizing points on the first loop of 7.

On the other hand, the Colecovision version handles well, has more arcade-perfectish levels, and is immensely easier to score big as they don't diverge much after a drop. I've rolled past a million on all speeds of that version. (CV version also has a glitch that can end your game after a couple hundred thousand unless you avoid certain situations).

gavv

This is the type of feedback I need! Thanks.

We have the technology to fix it :) I added 3 ladders. How does this look for an updated level 7? I want you to love the Intellivision version more than the arcade. This is one port that I believe is better than the arcade.

post-6868-0-00709400-1355931341_thumb.gif

Level 7 doesn't need any baby-helpin ;) (i keed I keeed ). It's definitely not possible to clear level 7 without use of lives or peppers but that's what the other six levels are for, building up bank. You should rarely need more than either 2 lives 1 pepper or vice versa to get through level 7, more than 2x that for level 14, etc. Key is getting the start pattern right, to get all the enemies following you either clockwise or counterclockwise around the levels 'loop' of the center, and don't leave any of them circling back the opposite way to pinch you off

gavv

• Like 1

as for the level you put in Burgertimes, completed on first crack (but probably not how you expected all to do).. put it this way... the way I did it, no enemies would come back over to the bun after I got peter pepper over to the bun...

Question if I may, what would be the differences between your proposed BurgerTime x2 and this title... (screenshot of title and level 1-2 enclosed)

Title Card

post-25689-0-75752100-1356115859_thumb.jpg

Level 1

post-25689-0-97498300-1356115866_thumb.jpg

Level 2

post-25689-0-86437200-1356115873_thumb.jpg

as for the level you put in Burgertimes, completed on first crack (but probably not how you expected all to do).. put it this way... the way I did it, no enemies would come back over to the bun after I got peter pepper over to the bun...

I believe we did it the same way. Run over the long section as fast as possible as soon as the first hotdog goes up, then you go down to the bottom real quick to avoid an enemy, then go up the middle ladder and over.

Question if I may, what would be the differences between your proposed BurgerTime x2 and this title... (screenshot of title and level 1-2 enclosed)

Title Card

post-25689-0-75752100-1356115859_thumb.jpg

Level 1

post-25689-0-97498300-1356115866_thumb.jpg

Level 2

post-25689-0-86437200-1356115873_thumb.jpg

I guess new level designs?

Actually the ones I've posted is from a ROM file that runs directly on the Intellivision, not on the PC... I can post more levels as well...

Those are the levels I designed back in 2003 before Arnauld released his editor to the world. I am happy to see people playing them. When I finish, you will no longer need multiple ROMs to play more than 7 levels.

• Like 1