IGNORED

BurgerTime x 2

intvdave

Actually the ones I've posted is from a ROM file that runs directly on the Intellivision, not on the PC... I can post more levels as well...

cparsley, I just saw in the Burgertime editor thread that you mentioned that you have 3 or 4 roms with different levels. Did you design these? Would you mind sharing what you have?

7 more screens done. I found another issue but was able to resolve it quickly. It is working well so far. Now that I broke the 14 screen barrier, i am going to try some other things. I am not sure when I will hit 28.

post-6868-0-33494100-1356332408_thumb.gif

I am not sure if I am going to change the title map anymore.

p.s. For those of you thinking that the screen was created with Paint, it was not. It was created with Gimp.

Edited by intvdave

7 more screens done. I found another issue but was able to resolve it quickly. It is working well so far. Now that I broke the 14 screen barrier, i am going to try some other things. I am not sure when I will hit 28.

post-6868-0-33494100-1356332408_thumb.gif

I am not sure if I am going to change the title map anymore.

p.s. For those of you thinking that the screen was created with Paint, it was not. It was created with Gimp.

So the x 3 is for three times the number of levels?

-dZ.

DZ, you know how it goes. We never really know how the games we work on is going to end up. Yes, currently the x3 mean that the game has 7x3=21 levels in it. It is my way of tracking the progress. I am just having fun working on the game and have no real goal for it but to make it fun for me to play. I usually get burned out on the games I work on and I am trying not to let that happen here. This means that the levels are not getting fully play tested and will need someone to help me review them or will get tested over the next year as I play the "finished" version.

King of the Mountain is the only game I did not get burned out on. I am going to gol play a round now :)

Merry Christmas and congratulations on your Carol challenge.

DZ, you know how it goes. We never really know how the games we work on is going to end up. Yes, currently the x3 mean that the game has 7x3=21 levels in it. It is my way of tracking the progress. I am just having fun working on the game and have no real goal for it but to make it fun for me to play. I usually get burned out on the games I work on and I am trying not to let that happen here. This means that the levels are not getting fully play tested and will need someone to help me review them or will get tested over the next year as I play the "finished" version.

King of the Mountain is the only game I did not get burned out on. I am going to gol play a round now :)

Ah, thanks. I was just asking because in a previous post you mentioned that the "x 2" did not signify a second edition. So when you changed to "x 3" I thought that's probably what you meant. :)

-dZ.

By the way, why not play a round of Christmas Carol? Post your score in the HSC and go for a patch or a mug. Go ahead, it's nice and warm in there, we don't bite. :)

-dZ.

With 21 (or maybe more) levels. There are 2 main questions i have.

1. Will anybody have the skill to see all those levels? This will be a challenge i can't wait to try. :-D :thumbsup:

2. Will the order of boards flow? The number of easy levels vs hard levels. Gotta have some early easy ones to help rack up on free lives and peppers. And then maybe throw in another 1 or 2 easy ones later on to recoup. :)

With 21 (or maybe more) levels. There are 2 main questions i have.

1. Will anybody have the skill to see all those levels? This will be a challenge i can't wait to try. :-D :thumbsup:

2. Will the order of boards flow? The number of easy levels vs hard levels. Gotta have some early easy ones to help rack up on free lives and peppers. And then maybe throw in another 1 or 2 easy ones later on to recoup. :)

1. Yes. I have flexibility in how I set the game play up.

2. I hope so. I consider level design to be tough and under rated. I have spent tons of hours trying to make sure that Stonix flowed well. Same with Space Patrol. King of the Mountain was tough from the point of making them to easy or to hard since the amount of bears that showed up was random. BTx will have a randomness also so not every round of play will be the same. The timing of the pickles has been moved so there will be more "easy" levels at the beginning. The ramp up in difficulty is a bit longer also.

David, thanks for working so hard on this over the holidays! I'd love to tell you to take a break and enjoy Christmas, but I know you love working on these games ;-)

Either way, all of your hard work is and has been appreciated! So, have some eggnog and here's hoping Santa brings you great things tonight.

Thanks Jason. Today was a time to chill, hang out with family, and code BT. I *think* I resolved most remaining issue. The wife also wanted me to show which screen was completed as they will be random. (See below). I need to fine tune the difficulty ramp but it should be easy to do.

post-6868-0-04666600-1356415466_thumb.gif post-6868-0-10628700-1356415472_thumb.gif

I am not a fan of using the phrase "Screen xx Done" but it fits the space perfectly. Any suggestions?

• Like 2