IGNORED

CIB games that you have always wanted to own?

segagamer99

I have that guilty pleasure feeling myself sometimes when I take an already open game from its box. I'm like, "Wow! This game is packed in there with a catalog that's not the original, a warranty card that someone probably just found, and an instruction book that probably didn't originally come with it. It must be brand shiny OLD!" It sure doesn't seem old, though. Serious, there must be some kind of magic coming out of the box at that point.

Yep, there is some kind of magic of getting a cart out of its box.

I've bought a Zaxxon CIB for CV somewhat damaged and it had some yellow particles glued to front manual that I've removed. At some point I hope really that it was only old glue and at some point I really don't want to know what it was originally :lol:

Most of the RPGs I'd prefer to be CIB, because I love the old manuals, maps, etc...

I have more than a few of the old computer game RPGs complete or mostly complete in box.

I'm not picky on condition tho, as I intend to use them.. ;-)

I wouldn't mind the Shadow of the Beast games for the Amiga CIB, but I'm probably to cheap to ever get that..

Now, if B could stand for Baggie and money wasn't an object...

Akalabeth.. Complete in Baggie would be awesome.

;-)

desiv

You have a point there. Older RPGs that couldn't display in game maps sometimes relied on paper maps within the box instead. The pack ins for Final Fantasy Legend 3 rivaled the lists found in most of that game's FAQs. The back side of the world map had a complete item list on it with things like how much each item sold for, how much each magic spell would cost in MP, etc. I vaguely recall it only having two shipwrecks on it, though. Perhaps the map itself represents a snap shot of how the world appeared right at the game's start.

I bought a boxed copy of Beat'em and Eat'em at a church sale some time ago and after I got a load of the little lockbox that comes with it and the over-the-top box art I knew I wanted all of the Mystique games CIB. Got lucky and grabbed 3 of them for $100 on eBay and now I think I have 6 total and they are excellent conversation pieces.

Still do not have a boxed copy of Sub Commander though!

I bought a boxed copy of Beat'em and Eat'em at a church sale some time ago and after I got a load of the little lockbox that comes with it and the over-the-top box art I knew I wanted all of the Mystique games CIB. Got lucky and grabbed 3 of them for $100 on eBay and now I think I have 6 total and they are excellent conversation pieces.

Still do not have a boxed copy of Sub Commander though!

I don't even want to ask how a game like that ended up at a church sale.

• Like 2

I've got a bunch of great condition VCS games CIB, but I don't think one of them is still sealed. They do suck up a little too much space, but when I see some of the awesome smaller collections here, it's awesome. I'm having a hard enough time trying to whittle down my small collection of NES carts, let alone figureing out what sealed games to display...

I really like complete CV carts...my first system, and they just looked so cool. And brand-new CV carts have a great sheen to em', can't really explain it.

I'd say I'd like a CIB, sealed Frenzy for CV, and a Robot Tank for 2600...and Final Fantasy for NES.

When I get my 2600 one of my first purchases will be River Raid CIB. My neighbor and I would play for hours, growing up it and Gauntlet were the games that held the best memories for me. I remember pulling all nighters with my cousins playing Gauntlet... funny though I can't remember which port of Gauntlet we use to play... I think it was on the ZX Spectrum... but it may have been the DOS version...