IGNORED

Response: Masters of the Universe: The Power of He-Man for ColecoVision

cOLeCoHiTMan

I don't quite understand why it can't be released as a generic title with all of the infringing names and what-not removed. It's not like this hasn't been done many times before...

Technically it could be done but the game itself visually you know it is he-man. The castle doesn't look as bad as the intellivision one and looks exactly like the cartoon.

Plus everything in there looks like the figures.

I also don't know if all the guys that run the intellivision shop are the original coders or just the group leaders and marketers from that time without the coders.

So anotherwards what they have is what they got because they would not know how to adjust the code.

Heck they may not even have the code anymore. The thing is that Keith R. is likely trying to get it released in digital download format, not for the original system. I think that's what retroillucid was getting at, that Keith should contact him about a CV cart release. As I said, I don't think BlueSky has any interest in that. I think they want to release it for sale, and in some fashion that gets it on iOS or something like that. Those old schoolers are not quite comfortable doing it the way collectors have. Who remembers Bill Hogue plain not wanting to just accept the offer from AtariMax to release Bounty Bob on cartridge?

Keith owns Intellivision company.. he's out to make money. I'm sure he wants to release any unreleased game he can in some format. He also indicated they may 're-release' some including older hard to find games.

I'd love Keith to join in on this conversation, not sure if he monitors atariage.

He was very friendly in his email responses.. if you have questions, email press@intellivisionlives.com like I did and maybe he'll respond. I originally was trying to contact Stephen Roney who wrote He-Man for ColecoVision.

I followed Ben Heck's etiquette for emailing someone important LOL

http://benheck.com/06-05-2012/how-to-email-a-famous-person#more-1325

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...