IGNORED

Quest for the Golden Chalice - after an hour

grips03

First let me say I've only played quest 1 difficulty 1 and 15min of the other difficulty levels. Player movement is kind of like overhead Zelda which is really good. Player controls very well in the world. Now this is going against the rules of the game, but I wish it was a little more Zelda like where the player could carry more than 1 item, i.e. a sword and a key for example. So far walking around and just dogging the dragons isn't as much fun as it would be doing battle with them with the sword - for quest 1 this does not apply as there are only two dragons. Perhaps even having different weapons would be neat (bow). But again this is kind of going against the premise of the game which is more search and avoiding due to the cowardly nature of the prince I guess. So I think I need to play the game more to get use to its rules vs. my self imposed ones to get the most out of it.

Of course the presentation of the entire game is flawless, cart, manual, box, etc.

So I think I need to play the game more to get use to its rules vs. my self imposed ones to get the most out of it.

I can't add anything to your feelings about the game so far seeing as I have yet to receive mine except for the fact that this is indeed a vastly improved port via both graphics and sound/music over the Atari 2600 version as was descibed on Team PixelBoy's website. PixelBoy explained his vision for the game which the programmer was to follow to the tee per their arrangement and I am very glad that they have choosen to do so even though it puts restrictions on gameplay. It wouldn't be a tribute to the original Adventure any other way and I realize that you understand that as well per the sentence I quoted from you.

Hopefully PixelBoy and Mystery Man will leave the door open for the possibility of a Quest II game taking into account your insights as well as a lot more seeing how much that I enjoyed Adventure and know that I will enjoy Quest.

Just one question: Have you ever played Adventure on the Atari 2600?

nope, never played it. I do have an Atari 2600 these days, but not as a kid. We had Commodore and Colecovision

alright time to order some grid paper to map this thing out

Edited by grips03

nope, never played it. I do have an Atari 2600 these days, but not as a kid. We had Commodore and Colecovision

That explains why Quest #2 is giving you this kind of trouble. :)

Anyone who ever played Adventure for any sufficient length of time will breeze throught Quest #2 and go straight to Quest #3. ;)

ok I think I got it, or the bat does right now. Use the circle thing in the ice castle to get black key. Green and Yellow dragon are dead. But the bat is like not playing fair keeping that teleporter thing.

so I got the circle thing in exchange for a dead dragon and the damn bat swapped me back, just for that I'm going to put all the items in my golden castle and lock the door, or perhaps I'll lock the bat up

Edited by grips03

black key in hand, opened the gate ran back and got my sword and the darn bad stole it, so then I use the old swap method and released him near some other junk and got the sword back. Red dragon dead, now just need to find the way through the maze of lava.

Mission Accomplished!! Nice Work!

Just beat level 3, now to try the other dragon colors.

Edited by grips03

Yeah its available from teampixelboy . I don't know if he's sold out of his current stock of this game or not. You can ask to be put on his availability list.

Yeah, what he said. Quest for the Golden Chalice is temporarily sold out right now, but I should have more copies to offer by the end of this month. Just send me an e-mail at pixelboy at teampixelboy dot com to get on my customer records (and also my reminder service).

• Like 1

anything with the water feature or the blocked off areas?

Water, no.

Blocked off areas, yes.

;)

EDIT: By the way, to those who manage to figure out how to pass the blocked-off areas, please don't ruin it for everyone else: Just give vague clues and let other owners of Quest for the Golden Chalice enjoy the fun of discovery. :)

Edited by Pixelboy

Water, no.

Blocked off areas, yes.

;)

EDIT: By the way, to those who manage to figure out how to pass the blocked-off areas, please don't ruin it for everyone else: Just give vague clues and let other owners of Quest for the Golden Chalice enjoy the fun of discovery. :)

Nah,don't llsten to PixeBoy, please post away and leave it up to anyone reading to decide if they want to cheat!

Yeah, what he said. Quest for the Golden Chalice is temporarily sold out right now, but I should have more copies to offer by the end of this month. Just send me an e-mail at pixelboy at teampixelboy dot com to get on my customer records (and also my reminder service).

Email sent. :)