IGNORED

Season 6 Round 11 - Gust Buster

If I were to hazard a guess it is most likely due to rounding and scores of 5000-14999 would yield 1 point.

That is correct. A score of 2,000 in this instance yields only 0.2 points. I use the Excel ROUND function to calculate scores to the "nearest integer", in this case 0.2 is rounded down to zero. This isn't particularly nice in your case but it will be complex and unfair to change the rounding function midway through a season. Next season I think that I'll likely change rounding so that it is always upwards.

That is correct. A score of 2,000 in this instance yields only 0.2 points. I use the Excel ROUND function to calculate scores to the "nearest integer", in this case 0.2 is rounded down to zero. This isn't particularly nice in your case but it will be complex and unfair to change the rounding function midway through a season. Next season I think that I'll likely change rounding so that it is always upwards.

Thanks for the explanation. I have no problem with the scoring.

My score wasn't that great anyway. I only played it a few times then gave up on it.

I still can't wrap my head around this scoring system...seems totally unfair that 1st place gets 100 points, 2nd gets only 3 points and 3rd gets only 2 points, etc. There is absolutely no way to even remain close unless you win consistently. A person could take 2nd in every game and be far outdistanced by a person winning only one game and coming in last in every other one.

I don't care so much about winning, but it takes some of the excitement out of it not to have a close race to the finish.

Edited by jblenkle