IGNORED

top 5 games of 2012

grips03

Not to rain on your parade, but with the SGM not released yet, is it really a good time to start this kind of thread? Some may enjoy Dragon's Lair, Zaxxon Super Game, King's Valley and Thexder more than they would expect. :)

Sure, but right now "This game requires the SGM module" isn't too much more fun than "Turn game off before inserting cartridge or expansion module". ;)

I don't have Adam, so need to wait for SGM to play those games. I remember Thexder from back in the day and it was very good, I use to play it at local Radio Shack I think. I might have even bought the remake for the PC, its just been so many years. Any game with robots is bound to be good.

yeah, so many good ones. I like Lock'n Chase, but mentally I think I'm too slow for it. I bought the Chess game because I think you commented, not to me, but in one of the threads - I'm paraphrasing here, 'how could you not' and it turned out to be a lot of fun as I get to play it with my son. I think it makes sense to buy all of the new releases, because everyone tastes differ, and lets face it the Colecovision is just a heck of alot fun to play. Can't wait for some SGM goodness.

Not to rain on your parade, but with the SGM not released yet, is it really a good time to start this kind of thread? Some may enjoy Dragon's Lair, Zaxxon Super Game, King's Valley and Thexder more than they would expect. :)

Maybe the thread could be renamed top 5 pure Colecovision games of 2012 and another thread could be started for top 5 pure SGM games :)

Maybe the thread could be renamed top 5 pure Colecovision games of 2012 and another thread could be started for top 5 pure SGM games :)

No i propose, pure Colecovision games

and Impure Colecovision games or Msx Ersatz games. :D

hum... no... in fact...if we consider Nanochess 's Games that are better on colecovision than Msx..."Ersatz" is not the right word, in that cases the MSX is an Ersatz of colecovision. ;)

"Adam without Keyboard" games could fit better in fact. ;-)

My top 5 of "pure colecovision" game that year would be :

Zombie Near

Burn Rubber

Bug's n Bot

Pang

and Princess Quest (i don't have the colecovision version yet, but the MSX version give me already a good idea of that game).

I'm waiting for my quest for golden calice... so may be , my top 5 could change.

• Like 1