IGNORED

Rare first party controllers

shadow460

I have the ps1 dual flight sticks but for some reason have never picked up a game that really uses it, except for Assault in Namco Collection vol. 4. Anyone have any suggestions for the best games to use it on? Ace Combat 1-3, Bogey Dead 6...Descent? Colony Wars?

Colony Wars 1 and 2 can both make use of it, and it's night and day different from even using the DAP. I'll have to try it with Ace Combat 5 and see if it works.

Edited by shadow460

I have the ps1 dual flight sticks but for some reason have never picked up a game that really uses it, except for Assault in Namco Collection vol. 4. Anyone have any suggestions for the best games to use it on? Ace Combat 1-3, Bogey Dead 6...Descent? Colony Wars?

Colony Wars 1 and 2 can both make use of it, and it's night and day different from even using the DAP. I'll have to try it with Ace Combat 5 and see if it works.

I mentioned complete Gamecube support earlier, try any flying type games on it. Got a Wii? There is a game made by the Ace Combat Team that flies very well with the PS1 Flightstick and a certain adapter.

Skycrawlers Review - http://www.racketboy...=603494#p603494

Edited by CRTGAMER

I mentioned complete Gamecube support earlier, try any flying type games on it. Got a Wii? There is a game made by the Ace Combat Team that flies very well with the PS1 Flightstick and a certain adapter.

Skycrawlers Review - http://www.racketboy...=603494#p603494

nintendo died to me post 64

Edited by kid_vidiot

One of the controllers I'm pretty sure is rare here in the States is the first party Sega Dreamcast lightgun, since all examples would have had to be imported... and I'm betting customs stopped a few of them when the inspector was having a "rod rammed up" day regarding import rules.

The Sega Phaser for the Master System also seems comparatively rare, given that I've had no real issues sourcing lightguns for other systems, albeit 3rd party ones. I've currently got a pair of guns that handle both types of PS1 protocols and the Saturn, and a couple of more PS1 specific guns in my "trade out" pile.

Yup fairly rare. Especially if it has the two player cord.

Yep, that's the one.

No 2nd gun tho, so the 2-player cord isn't likely to get any use...

But I like it....

I'm tempted to pick up a decent size (not huge, but larger than my 1701) CRT TV (with s-video) just for this thing.

They are pretty cheap nowadays at Goodwill and such...

But I don't play gun games often enough to really justify the space..

desiv

Yep, that's the one.

No 2nd gun tho, so the 2-player cord isn't likely to get any use...

But I like it....

I'm tempted to pick up a decent size (not huge, but larger than my 1701) CRT TV (with s-video) just for this thing.

They are pretty cheap nowadays at Goodwill and such...

But I don't play gun games often enough to really justify the space..

desiv

Then consider donating the gun to my personal charity :D

Hmm, nobody seems to have mentioned the steering wheel for the Astrocade:

http://www.ballyalle...ring-wheel.html

which is apparently so rare that it was thought to be fake when first discovered. I can't imagine a rarer first-party controller, aside from possibly the Halcyon's controller. Channel F controllers with the red button rapid-fire upgrade would also be really rare, though.

Edited by Blazing Lazers

The CPS changer controllers are rare-ish and medium-awesome. Better than the neo geo controllers IMO. I have a couple, but mine were probably 3rd party SNES controllers--not that there is a physical difference, mind, but I doubt they came with the changers, which were numerous degrees cooler. (and high on my to-buy list)

One of the best first party controllers ever.

Otherwise, I have the digital-only hpi nuon controller, which I consider first-party since I think it was packed in (if memory serves). For A8, the touch tablet was pretty awesome (at the time), and I have some commodore paddles from god knows where. I also have the visteon gba/dvd controller (probably my rarest controller). I've never seen that one, since it's still sealed in one of the many opaque boxes that system comes packed in.

Edited by Reaperman

One of the controllers I'm pretty sure is rare here in the States is the first party Sega Dreamcast lightgun, since all examples would have had to be imported... and I'm betting customs stopped a few of them when the inspector was having a "rod rammed up" day regarding import rules.

The Sega Phaser for the Master System also seems comparatively rare, given that I've had no real issues sourcing lightguns for other systems, albeit 3rd party ones. I've currently got a pair of guns that handle both types of PS1 protocols and the Saturn, and a couple of more PS1 specific guns in my "trade out" pile.

The Light Phaser comes up in the wild from time to time around here. I'd say it's a little more common here than an Atari Keyboard Controller, but not much.