IGNORED

What Wii U games are you playing?

Mendon

For myself.....

I'm mainly working on finishing Zombie U. I know a lot of critics gave it a poor review, but I'm having a blast with the game. Fantastic atmosphere and more than once I've jumped in my chair when one of the undead suddenly lurches into view. I enjoy formulating strategies using the limited amount of weapons/ammo in order to keep my survivor alive, especially against a horde.

I'm also playing some Mario Bros. U (some devious & frustrating levels are in this game), Call of Duty Black Op's 2 (very fun online community), and Balloon Fight (Balloon Trip is much harder than I ever remember).

I still have NintendoLand and DarkSiders 2 to open and try.

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

The only 2 Wii-U games I have are New Super Mario Bros. U and Sonic Racing. I've gotten to the next-to-the-last level in NSMB, and I'm reluctant to finish it because I don't know how much fun I'd have with it after I were to finish it, and I've only played Sonic once, so I can't pass judgement on it yet.

I need to download the demo of Sonic and check it out. Not sure why I haven't already done so.

One of the cool things I like about Mario is the messages your friends leave you around the map. I've gotten some hints & tips and a lot of "This level is frustrating!!

Edited by Mendon

I just returned 007 Legends to Gamefly. Terrible, terrible game. I really liked Eurocoms Goldeneye remake but this one played like a 2nd rate PS2 shooter. Sloppy controls, sloppy AI, sloppy forced stealth mechanic. Ugh, one of the worst games I've ever played.

Been playing Assassins Creed 3 off and on. I got annoyed a lot because I thought I was countering right but forgot you have to hold the button in. Been enjoying the game 100% more once I figured it out again. I heard 007 Legends was pretty bad. I surprised they screwed it up that bad. I always hated forced stealth missions in games. That's why I loved the Goldeneye remake so much. New Super Mario Bros U is pretty fun, but challenging as I suck at 2D Mario games. I'm currently waiting for Aliens Colonial Marines whenever it comes out. I'll be anxious to compare it to the PC version when I build my rig. I was impressed with the Rayman demo so I'll probably get it when it comes out, if not later. Playing as Murphy didn't suck as much as I thought it would.

I just completed Zombie U and wow, what a blast and what an ending.

Going to start the campaign for Black Op's 2 and maybe open up NintendoLand and see what its all about. But with Fire Emblem being released on Monday for the 3DS, I expect to be spending very little time with the Wii U over the next few weeks.

Edited by Mendon

• 2 weeks later...

Playing Cabelas Dangerous Hunts 2013. This may be the nuttiest game I've ever played. Picture Call of Duty but replace the enemies with every wild animal in Africa jumping out of trees to savage you. The first level has you outright thrill killing water buffalos then blasting hyenas and a rhino with a Desert Eagle. It's definitely worth at least a rental if you want some laughs.

• 2 weeks later...

Well.. I've had the Wii U for some time now, and never played anything. However lo and behold, for the first time ever just last Friday I popped in Nintendo Land, and that thing has become a huge household hit. :lol: It's been on constantly.. the kid loves playing Ninja Castle and other games and so does everyone else.

Big surprise. Really. :)

Edited by NE146

• 2 weeks later...

New Super Mario Bros. U here. Same thing we've already bought and played before, but more of the same isn't always a bad thing. That reminds me that I need to pick up the regular New Super Mario Bros. game on the Wii sooner or later...

Played the demo of Monster Hunter 3. Looks nice and I loved the art style, but couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do to kill the monster I was hunting. Camera was annoying, accidentally getting pushed into the the next zone in the middle of a fight was annoying... as was coming back into the old zone and end up with the monster behind me. Put in 20 minutes and turned off the console. Seems like the kind of game fans of the series will dig, but I'm not going to spend $60 for it in hopes I *get it*.

I keep going back to Ninja Gaiden 3, I just have an insane amount of fun with the combat. Spent some time diddling around in Assassins Creed 3, I played for 4 hours and literally did nothing but hunt, fight and collect treasure chests.

I've mainly been playing Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and Runner 2: Futrure Legend of Rythym Alien, two games with convoluted titles. Both games are available on other consoles, but both ALSO feature GamePad only play :)...

My young son really likes Scibblenauts Unlimited.

Planning on picking up The Cave, once I make some progress in my other games...