IGNORED

Laseractive Repair

FikapPacMan

Hello! Looking to see if anyone on the forums has solid experience repairing laserdisc or laseractive trey units......the issue I am having is that the trey unit ejects upon powering the unit up......both trey buttons blink on / off green (the unit has 2 eject buttons one for the large LD trey and the second for a smaller CD)......and the trey will not go back in. It can be pushed back manually when powered off......everything else seems to work ok. I am assuming it is a stuck button issue or trey issue.....please PM me and we can speak. It appears to have been damaged in shipping as I received a "new repacked" box notice from FED-EX....of all things to drop.... Would like to keep the unit and repair it but if not will need to send back for a refund so finding a repair individual is time sensitive...

Thanks!

PS - This is also not a charity case....I will pay for the repairs :)

I was gonna recommend Ax as someone else who could repair the damage. I could probably do it myself, but I'm gonna be honest: Ax has fixed this before whereas my experience is limited to the S-Video mod and building an RGB mod board.

It's your choice who you want to fix the system.

On a side note, I had a Yamaha keytar shipped to me via UPS. When I got it, it was in a guitar shipping box. The box had a hole in it where they'd stuck a forklift through it. The fork missed my keytar but would have impaled a standard guitar if that's what had been in there. I found all this out after they lost my keytar at the UPS facility for a few days. I don't ship via UPS anymore.

Dodged a bullet there Shadow......mine came via FED-EX......it said on the box that it was damaged in shipping and repacked via FED-EX....the box looked (no kidding) like a water heater sized box......skinny but very tall......I can only imagine the "ride" it took in there .....now just need to decide if the repair will be worth it or if I should just get my cash back and then try again....ugghh......crazy thing here is that the seller isn't responding back so I can't even tell if it was FED-EX or the original shippers fault......

There's a reason they're not for sale here. You'll find out very quickly what that reason is when you get yours fixed. :) Let me just say it's nice to have one console that does multiple things.

I was trying to work out a deal on a karaoke pack a few months ago. I don't remember who the seller was, but they offered the CDL-A100 and the choice of either the karaoke pack or the Sega pack. I tried for a side deal on the karaoke pack. They offered it for $170, which I was willing to pay. The deal fell through, however, when they refused to accept a credit card payment, PayPal, or an escrow service. I even volunteered to pay the escrow fees if we used one. I explained that had to have some way to recover my money if the karaoke pack never arrived. After that, I never heard from that seller again.