IGNORED

5200 Tempest Now Available!

Albert

Take a look at the back of the manual as well. :ponder:

..Al

I'll be reading it from front to back as soon as I get home.. I feel like a kid again getting a new game!!

I read the entire back of the box before heading out.. I also liked the fine print that says Atari isn't in Sunnyvale anymore and aren't owned by Warner!

I'll be reading it from front to back as soon as I get home.. I feel like a kid again getting a new game!!

It's great fun putting these reproductions together, especially getting them into the hands of classic gaming enthusiasts who can appreciate them. I can't imagine the work to do these releases "back in the day" without Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and so forth!

I read the entire back of the box before heading out.. I also liked the fine print that says Atari isn't in Sunnyvale anymore and aren't owned by Warner!

You practically need a magnifying glass to read that. :D

..Al

I hate to disappoint you, but that copy of Tempest will not work in your 1200XL. ;)

..Al

Actually, neither will RR. Cart's too wide to fit. The 1200 is just a prop, my favorite 8 bit.

Looking forward to rocking some Tempest on my 5200 this weekend, so is my gf! :)

Edited by adam242

Animal house. Classic.

I'm so tempted to drop down and buy Tempest, but I ain't got a 5200 and I'm not in the market for one, so if I buy Tempest, it'll be only as a display piece :roll:. And I really don't collect games unless i plan on playing them, but i really love Tempest. Oh, such a dilemma...

Oh well, time to pull back out the Atari Arcade Collection 6-in-1 on SNES...

I've got a SNES.... and didn't know about that cart! Thanks for the tip! Now...... to find one.....

Iggy*SJB' timestamp='1362195176' post='2707326']

I've got a SNES.... and didn't know about that cart! Thanks for the tip! Now...... to find one.....

It's called "Midway Presents Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Atari Collection 1" Long title IMO. There's also a Williams collection but their not as good as the Atari collection. It's a faithful enough port although you have to use a D-pad instead of a spinner. There's also a couple of sixth gen "remixes" on PS1 and Jag, aka "Tempest 2000". I've got the PS1 game but I haven't played it yet. Edited by stardust4ever

Good news: Got mine in the mail yesterday, and two days before we move!

Bad news: We'll be staying with my mother-in-law while we look for a new house and the 5200 is going to be in storage...

Noooooooo! Just joking. I needed to do that as well but it was with my parents. It was nine months of hell living in a bedroom with all your stuff packed away. The good thing is that there is a light at the end of the tunnel plus you have a cool game to look forward to. It is one of the top ten best games for the 5200. Good luck house hunting. Don't settle for something you don't want if it goes on for a while. We didn't and all the pain we went through waiting for a good home was worth it.

Allan