IGNORED

Anyone Have Passwords for Soccer Kid?

mmbe

• 10 months later...

I guess you are saying that the two codes posted by DoctorClu are the ones for Italy and Russia, is that right?

Thanks for "cheating" to get us the passwords for Japan and USA!

As for Carl, it seems that the one who posted the above YouTube video already asked him for the codes and Carl did not respond. I do not know why.

So, for the record: we now have access to England (where you start), Italy, Russia, Japan, and USA. How many more countries are there that have codes for them? The game is described as having 20+ levels, but that obviously includes multiple stages within each country.

I guess you are saying that the two codes posted by DoctorClu are the ones for Italy and Russia, is that right?

I'm 99% sure, but it'd only take a minute for you to check (I don't have the game or a Jaguar handy and don't really want to go ROM hunting).

Thanks for "cheating" to get us the passwords for Japan and USA!

I saw it more like self-harm than mere cheating :lolblue: But I'll accept the thanks, it's the first time anyone bothered despite my trials :P

As for Carl, it seems that the one who posted the above YouTube video already asked him for the codes and Carl did not respond. I do not know why.

Maybe Carl only had a binary, not the source? Could have been a number of reasons, really, no point guessing. I remember before I looked at the GBA emu stuff, I searched through a Jaguar ROM but the codes were not in plain text, and that being about the limit of my haxx0r skillz it went no further :0)

So, for the record: we now have access to England (where you start), Italy, Russia, Japan, and USA. How many more countries are there that have codes for them? The game is described as having 20+ levels, but that obviously includes multiple stages within each country.

I really don't recall how many levels there were tbh, but I played to the end and saved all codes when given. You collect 5 pieces of the World Cup, so maybe it's 5 countries with 4+ stages each?

I will check the passwords as soon as I have access to this game and my Jaguar.

I hear what you're saying about why Carl may not have had access to the codes. Still, there should be a record of these codes on some of the gaming websites.

As far as levels, is it really 4 per country? I guess if that were true, the 5 countries we now know about would be all there are. Is a boss stage counted as a "level"? Plus, Songbird says there are 20+ levels, so one of these countries would need even more than 4 stages. (You wrote 4+.) But you seem pretty sure that there are no other countries, so I guess that's it...

BTW, did you come across any other cheats of any kind for Soccer Kid on Jaguar? Zool 2 has a cheat to get 99 lives. That kind of thing would help with this game, which is at least just as hard!

japan FFLG JFHG JTJT (Confirmed) (Doctor Clu)

usa FFMG JFHG KTKT (Confirmed) (Doctor Clu)

Here are two I found... 1 CFNRTTTLMMPM Italy (Confirmed) (Doctor Clu)

2 FFPRTDQNMSNS Russia (Confirmed) (Doctor Clu)

There you go ladies and gents, four new countries to play. Happy New Year!

• Like 2

Checked in the rom image to see if any other codes were listed. This KINDA worked when I was looking in the Bubsy rom. (I found the unknown code for the first level was 111111111 or something like that.) :P

Didn't find much on a quick look, but I guess these are all the sublevels titles that are mentioned when you start the levels.

SOCCER KID HAS CLEARED � NEXT STOP WELL DONE SUNNYSIDE�THE COUNTRYSIDE�LONDON�THE RUINS�THE LEANING TOWER�VENICE�THE BLACK FOREST�THE BATTLE SHIP�RED SQUARE�THE COUNTRYSIDE�THE BULLET TRAIN�THE FACTORY�THE WILD WEST�CALIFORNIA�NEW YORK CITY�

And I thought it was wild how the hex produced the ascii image for the fonts, the character himself, and a few items in the game. (in the attached pictures.)

post-4709-0-08352500-1388495425_thumb.png

post-4709-0-86493100-1388495432_thumb.png

post-4709-0-56995200-1388495441_thumb.png

post-4709-0-08869200-1388495452_thumb.png

DoctorClu,

I have you to thank for my current fondness for, and success in, Bubsy!

Thanks for listing all the levels in Soccer Kid. The problem is that they only add up to 18, while Songbird says the game has 20+ levels (which I'm guessing means 21). What gives?

If there are 5 countries (England, Italy, Russia, Japan, USA) and 4+ stages/levels per country, then 5x4=20. Assuming at least 4 per country. If, as stated, there are 4, or more, stages per country then there is a minimum of 20 and one or more countries have more than 4 stages which would make it 20+. Where are you getting 18 from? Did you forget to count England since that is where the game starts? Even so, 4x4=16 (minimum), so I don't know where 18 came from...

Edited by Gunstar

If there are 5 countries (England, Italy, Russia, Japan, USA) and 4+ stages/levels per country, then 5x4=20. Assuming at least 4 per country. If, as stated, there are 4, or more, stages per country then there is a minimum of 20 and one or more countries have more than 4 stages which would make it 20+. Where are you getting 18 from? Did you forget to count England since that is where the game starts? Even so, 4x4=16 (minimum), so I don't know where 18 came from...

I simply counted the levels listed by name by doctorclu. When you add them together, they add up to 18.

Perhaps the first level of each country does not have a separate name, and thus adding 5 countries to the 18 sublevels in the totality of each of the countries that doctorclu listed, brings you to a total of 23 levels altogether?

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I have a detailed explanation for the passwords supplied here. I managed to get some of these posted on GameFAQs-

Italy (Stage 2-1; Easy mode, 3 continues, 3 lives, 2 hearts)- BFSRTRHLDKGK
Italy (Stage 2-1; Hard mode, 3 continues, 3 lives, 3 hearts)- CFNRTTTLMMPM
Russia (Stage 3-1; Easy mode, 1 continue, 1 life, 2 hearts)- GFTRSLSNTHCG
Russia (Stage 3-1; Hard mode, 2 continues, 1 life, 3 hearts)- FFPRTDQNMSNS
Japan (Stage 4-1; 15 lives, 3 hearts)- FFLGJFHGJTJT
USA (Stage 5-1)- FFMGJFHGKTKT
Some info is miising because it would take me a while to figure out, and I'm not too keen about the world cup pieces.
This is for future reference or for anyone who somehow gets directed to this thread through Google or what-have-you.
Oh, and DoctorClu is the man.
  • Like 2

japan FFLG JFHG JTJT (Confirmed) (Doctor Clu)

usa FFMG JFHG KTKT (Confirmed) (Doctor Clu)

Italy CFNRTTTLMMPM (Confirmed) (Doctor Clu)

Russia FFPRTDQNMSNS (Confirmed) (Doctor Clu)

Japan (Stage 4-1; 15 lives, 3 hearts)- FFLGJFHGJTJT
USA (Stage 5-1)- FFMGJFHGKTKT

Oh, and DoctorClu is the man.

Thanks! I like helping find things that are not already on the internet, and it looks like you added two new codes.

You give me an idea. We should see if we can play the game and build up the highest lives and hearts and save the code and get more codes like the one we have for Japan (with 15 lives).

Edited by doctorclu

Thanks! I like helping find things that are not already on the internet, and it looks like you added two new codes.

You give me an idea. We should see if we can play the game and build up the highest lives and hearts and save the code and get more codes like the one we have for Japan (with 15 lives).

Wait, didn't you figure out those passwords that include 15 lives by using a hex editor? Why not just use that method to figure out the passwords for England, Italy, and Russia, then see if it is possible to get passwords for these stages in easy mode. The game is tough enough as it is.

Oh, and I had time to figure out what your Japan and USA passwords give-

Japan (Stage 4-1; Hard mode, 2 continues, 15 lives, 3 hearts)- FFLGJFHGJTJT

USA (Stage 5-1; Hard mode, 2 continues, 15 lives, 3 hearts)- FFMGJFHGKTKT

I'm still unsure about the World Cup pieces, though.

Passwords for Soccer Kid are not stored in ASCII in the ROM, so using a hex editor won't reveal anything. Generally this is only seen when passwords are static, that is there is only one password for a level with no variations on things like difficulty, life, weapons, etc.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just had a read through and pondered a couple of things:

1. Do the codes/letters somehow correspond to values pertaining to:

a. Stage (world and level i.e. 2-1)

b. Difficulty (i.e. easy)

c. World Cup Pieces (??) < whatever this actually means?

d. Number of continues (i.e. 1)

e. Number of Lives (i.e. 2)

f. Number of Hearts (i.e. 3)

I'm not sure how it works, but I'm going to presume that the 6 in game 'values' correlate against the 12 characters per password (i.e. 2x characters is a corresponding value to each attribute, for example, "FF" could represent "Hard Mode" )

I wonder if the values can be manipulated to achieve a selected/optimum outcome (i.e. Stage 2-1, Easy Mode, 15 continues, 15 lives, 15 hearts). Don't take these values as literal, as I've never played the game and 3 hearts may be max etc :)

and...

2. If you're going to upload these codes etc to game FAQ's, is it not worth trying to make the results per code consistent? (i.e. same continues, same lives, same hearts?). As suggested, I imagine the code output/given is affected by your statistics/attributes upon completing a stage.

Sorry Ninja, I'm not actually the expert here. I'd have to give that credit to DoctorClu.

I was just sick of seeing a blank spot where codes/cheats should be, so I did my best to get something there. The game is quite difficult for me even in easy mode because the character's only form of attack relies on the ball. And of course the Italy stages are the most annoying due to disappearing sprites and weird hit detection from those Roman ghosts.

So yeah, I'll leave the rest to the professionals.

• Like 1

It's possible but not probable, more likely there's some kind of crc or simple encryption (if it is the case that the codes store your lives etc, not something I was aware of when I went searching the GBA game, I assumed they were just fixed codes),

If the characters directly equated to in-game values it'd be too easy to make them up and effectively break the game.

Having said that, it wouldn't be difficult for one or two people here to reverse engineer the code system and make a code generator. I bet if it were a game more people liked there would be more chance of that :0)

• Like 1

Sorry Ninja, I'm not actually the expert here. I'd have to give that credit to DoctorClu.

I was just sick of seeing a blank spot where codes/cheats should be, so I did my best to get something there. The game is quite difficult for me even in easy mode because the character's only form of attack relies on the ball. And of course the Italy stages are the most annoying due to disappearing sprites and weird hit detection from those Roman ghosts.

So yeah, I'll leave the rest to the professionals.

:) I'm just like you, a person who likes to contribute something to the internet not already found. Obscure topics like Jaguar games and in particular really rare topics like Bubsy offer a lot of areas not already covered.

I've been looking over the codes the last few days (on and off between projects, so probably about 20 minutes time total.) ;) I know Sh3-rg is right, and those at Reboot could probably reverse engineer the code generator (that would be cool). In the meantime it is hard to deny that the codes have a pattern to them.

Start at Italy (Stage 2-1; Easy mode, England World Cup piece, 3 continues, 3 lives, 2 hearts)- BDSRTDQLMPNP

Japan (Stage 4-1; Hard mode, 2 continues, 15 lives, 3 hearts)- FFLGJFHGJTJT

Japan (Stage 4-1; Easy mode, Russia World Cup piece, 1 continue, 1 life, 3 hearts)- GDLRSDLNDRFR

USA (Stage 5-1; Hard mode, 2 continues, 15 lives, 3 hearts)- FFMGJFHGKTKT

Italy seems to start with a B on easy setting and with a C with the Hard setting. We see codes starting with F for hard levels of Russia and Japan and USA and G for easy levels for Russia and Japan.

My advice, playing more Soccer Kid and report in your codes like it was done above. More evidence for comparison. ;)