IGNORED

Someone please help me set up Intellivision emulator

Rev

Seriously, I'm not sure there is a graphical interface for jzintv...

Thanks Liduario. The instructions are clear.

There is a graphical interface for JZintv. It is for Mac computers. It is called GUI INTV and a Google search may find it. Cheers.

• 1 year later...

Hello Old School... Could you post those Nostalgia-compatiple ROMs again?, The links obviously expired months ago.....

sorry to resurrect an older thread..

I'm Trying to get Nostalgia to recognize all my ROms, I guess .bin files without .cfg don't work and .Rom files arent recognized

thank you Immensely in Advance

Robert

• 7 years later...
On 2/18/2013 at 5:33 AM, Rev said:

Seriously, Im about to smash my laptop. Why cant no one design an easy to download and set up and play Intellivision emulator?

They all suck, either that or I dont know what im doing wrong. :grin: :grin::grin:

---------------------

I have a Compaq laptop about 4 years old. It has Windows 7 Home Premium installed. Presario QC61 AMD processor M120 2.10 ghz

2 GB Ram 64 bit operating system.

---------------------

I have downloaded JZINTV. Then extracted all files. I got it from here: http://spatula-city.org/~im14u2c/intv/ I downloaded the one on the top right of that page. It says: win32.zip....binaries for windows.

Now what is the next steps i need to take to play a rom I have.

Please somone take pity on my and give me step by step instructions....i mean literally...step by step. tell me like you would tell a newborn baby...you wont offend me...

Hi i gor the same problem,I don’t get mine to work either,all i get is an error massage saying “set displaymode error” on either intelevision nostalgia 4 or 5 ,

i also tried jzintv but everytime i wanna open it up ,the screen just disappears,

I also tried freeintv emulator but i couldn’t find the exe map to click on,

also while i did downloaded some roms for it,BUT some of those roms are in 72 format for wich i think it’s just a fake(also since nostalgia didn’t register it in it’s specefic rom map) so i replaced them with int files of it,i also heard that bin files are allowed,

i can’t believe i searched for 4 hours atnight for it including some roms ,and i still couldn’t get it to work,even on youtube i couldn’t find any english tutorial for it(yeah i saw an italian guy and he somehow does get’s his nostalgia emulator to work so i was wondering what the heck i was missing,

i tried both 32bit and 64bit of nostalgia on windows 10,no luck,

then i decided to play those wanted games on an online intelevision emulator but those games aren’t allowed,

now do i own a intelevision 2 BUT that system isn’t compatible with those wanted games i wanna play(stupid mattel for not adding extra memory as a reserve for a checksum)

yeah if mattel wasn’t that greedy,they could,ve added extra ram for a checksum as a security measure,then all games would,ve be still probably compatible with it,but since mattel used some of it’s availible ram for a security check,games wich will take full advantage of the availible ram will not work on it,otherwise i would,ve bought those game physically,

so you’re not alone ending up being that frustrated.

On 2/18/2013 at 5:33 AM, Rev said:

Seriously, Im about to smash my laptop. Why cant no one design an easy to download and set up and play Intellivision emulator?

They all suck, either that or I dont know what im doing wrong. :grin: :grin::grin:

---------------------

I have a Compaq laptop about 4 years old. It has Windows 7 Home Premium installed. Presario QC61 AMD processor M120 2.10 ghz

2 GB Ram 64 bit operating system.

---------------------

I have downloaded JZINTV. Then extracted all files. I got it from here: http://spatula-city.org/~im14u2c/intv/ I downloaded the one on the top right of that page. It says: win32.zip....binaries for windows.

Now what is the next steps i need to take to play a rom I have.

Please somone take pity on my and give me step by step instructions....i mean literally...step by step. tell me like you would tell a newborn baby...you wont offend me...

I feel bad for you that you couldn’t get it to work BUT hey i have found an emulator wich is called pantheon,that emulator is is multi platform emulator including an intelevision emulator and it works great in windows 10,only bad thing is that you cannot put your own roms on it or atleast not without permission of the owner,BUT most games preinstalled on it or they are linked to a server were it (temperatury downloads each rom you want to play at that moment,

eitherway you can play most games on it from supported systems,so who knows that you will like it,i do so😁

On 10/12/2022 at 7:10 AM, johannesmutlu said:

Hi i gor the same problem,I don’t get mine to work either,all i get is an error massage saying “set displaymode error” on either intelevision nostalgia 4 or 5 ,

i also tried jzintv but everytime i wanna open it up ,the screen just disappears,

I also tried freeintv emulator but i couldn’t find the exe map to click on,

also while i did downloaded some roms for it,BUT some of those roms are in 72 format for wich i think it’s just a fake(also since nostalgia didn’t register it in it’s specefic rom map) so i replaced them with int files of it,i also heard that bin files are allowed,

i can’t believe i searched for 4 hours atnight for it including some roms ,and i still couldn’t get it to work,even on youtube i couldn’t find any english tutorial for it(yeah i saw an italian guy and he somehow does get’s his nostalgia emulator to work so i was wondering what the heck i was missing,

i tried both 32bit and 64bit of nostalgia on windows 10,no luck,

then i decided to play those wanted games on an online intelevision emulator but those games aren’t allowed,

now do i own a intelevision 2 BUT that system isn’t compatible with those wanted games i wanna play(stupid mattel for not adding extra memory as a reserve for a checksum)

yeah if mattel wasn’t that greedy,they could,ve added extra ram for a checksum as a security measure,then all games would,ve be still probably compatible with it,but since mattel used some of it’s availible ram for a security check,games wich will take full advantage of the availible ram will not work on it,otherwise i would,ve bought those game physically,

so you’re not alone ending up being that frustrated.

What is the 72 format rom, I'm not familiar that?  Intellivision rom files with .bin and .int extensions are the same, only the name is different.  Nostalgia is 32-bit as far as I know.  It does run in Windows 10 64-bit, but it is an old program and no longer supported.  Freeintv is a component of Libretro/Retroarch so you need that software to use it.  Jzintv will exit immediately if you don't give it a cartridge rom file when it's run.  It's a command line program so any warning messages disappear with the command window.

The incompatibility of the Intellivision II with some cartridges was by design.  Mattel did not want third party publishers making cartridges. 

On 10/13/2022 at 7:08 PM, mr_me said:

What is the 72 format rom, I'm not familiar that?  Intellivision rom files with .bin and .int extensions are the same, only the name is different.  Nostalgia is 32-bit as far as I know.  It does run in Windows 10 64-bit, but it is an old program and no longer supported.  Freeintv is a component of Libretro/Retroarch so you need that software to use it.  Jzintv will exit immediately if you don't give it a cartridge rom file when it's run.  It's a command line program so any warning messages disappear with the command window.

The incompatibility of the Intellivision II with some cartridges was by design.  Mattel did not want third party publishers making cartridges. 

As far as am aware of 72 files are some sort of text files

now about nostalgia 4.2 & nostalgia 5 emulator,

in 4.2 no matter what am doing, it registers no files once clicking on load cartride(whether i put those int roms into the rom folder or in the directory of the emulator,whatever i combine them with overlay & box art,whether i try scanning those roms with it’s specefic folder,it just doesn’t see them,

with version 5 whether i want to click on the rom, after i started the emulator, i only get an image for a brief of second but then it disappears,while i can read the “mattel electronic presets” logo but it doesn’t say the name of the game, only thing i do see is letter b’s !!??

I tried downloading the same roms on different sites to see if one of them are corrupted but nope,

now i do read that i may do also need exec rom bin and GR rom BIN files

but i only saw mini gr rom and mini exec files on the directory,not sure if i really need those specefic files as well

also i might need the ecs bin file as well but not sure about that

But if i do need those files either too,it will makes me wonder were to download them and why they couldn’t just include those files by default,

i do got patheon emulator wich does also emulate the intelevision BUT not all my wanted games are on there,

Thus aslong i can’t get nostalgia work,i will keep spinning my head,on those tutorials on youtube aren’t clear either ,phew.

On 10/13/2022 at 7:08 PM, mr_me said:

Oh yeah after doing some research, i found the problem, i tested some included roms on nostalgia 5 and they do work but guess what,those are in rom format,as it turns out int files don’t work on nostagia 5,

Same thing with nostagia 4.2, it can only detect rom files but not int files but even worse despite it can detect rom format files it cannot play them instead it give an error massage,

and yeah i tried to rename those int files into rom files and while it does get detected by both versions of nostalgia but it will again result in a error massage,

i tried other intelevision emulators such as jzint,freeintv and bliss etc,, but those ones don’t come with the emulator itself but only with many text files and png files wich is very frustrating,ouch.

6 hours ago, johannesmutlu said:

... now i do read that i may do also need exec rom bin and GR rom BIN files

but i only saw mini gr rom and mini exec files on the directory,not sure if i really need those specefic files as well

also i might need the ecs bin file as well but not sure about that

But if i do need those files either too,it will makes me wonder were to download them and why they couldn’t just include those files by default, ...

Some homebrews might work with the miniexec but the classic cartridges will require the full exec and grom.  Emulators can't include the exec rom files without permission as they are protected by copyright.

Nostalgia does work with .bin/.int files for the classic cartridge rom files.  New homebrews probably require .rom format.  You can't rename .bin/.int files to .rom, they must go through a conversion using a utility like bin2rom.

Maybe the 72 file format is 7Z or 7zip compressed archive.  You can extract the files from the archive before using them.

8 hours ago, artrag said:

JzintvImGui works perfectly 

You can find it on github.com 

Well i finally got nostalgia 5 emulator to work along with official int roms as well,all neede were those exec rom bin and grom bin files wich i downloaded here

https://www.emurom.net/us/emulation/intellivision-bios.html

so everybody who got stuck with nostogia 4.2 or nostalgia 5 for playing official roms should go trough this link,

final note: you should put those files in the same map were nostalgia belongs to,

i suppose these files should work with other intelevision emulators as well😁

22 hours ago, johannesmutlu said:

Well i finally got nostalgia 5 emulator to work along with official int roms as well,all neede were those exec rom bin and grom bin files wich i downloaded here

https://www.emurom.net/us/emulation/intellivision-bios.html

so everybody who got stuck with nostogia 4.2 or nostalgia 5 for playing official roms should go trough this link,

final note: you should put those files in the same map were nostalgia belongs to,

i suppose these files should work with other intelevision emulators as well😁

Ps, you also need to make sure that you have installed dirext x or otherwise you will get an error massage about it.