IGNORED

Wizard of Wor 2: The Arena

CDS Games

Usually a busy time for Nukey who will finish the AtariVox+ logic.

We're at the tail end of summer so hopefully it won't be too long. Otherwise if he's absolutely indisposed for the foreseeable future, I can take a stab at the logic. Assuming I can figure it out. :)

• Like 1

We're at the tail end of summer so hopefully it won't be too long. Otherwise if he's absolutely indisposed for the foreseeable future, I can take a stab at the logic. Assuming I can figure it out. :)

No rush on my end, since designing and testing the board will take a bit of time, as well as having labels made to fit the CBS carts. And creating an appropriate manual for the game. :)

..Al

• 1 month later...

Very cool. Good would be, if the joyports could be changed, that pressing the normal Player-1 Joystickbutton would start a 1-Player-game and not the 2-player-game. Like it is now, when you play alone, you must always plug the stick in the other joyport, because nearly all other games use the other port for playing one-player-games. And i also hope, that there will come a PAL60 version of this someday.

Edited by AW127

Very cool. Good would be, if the joyports could be changed, ... .

Who knew selecting a game variation would cause so much trouble and discussion?

How about all those games that have 70 variations?

You usually would just play the game that started.

If 2 player selection wasn't clear, you had to look in the manual for the game selection grid and all the variations for one player, two player, and 3 & 4 for the games that let more than 2 play.

Yes it has always been backwards, and people new to the game sometimes can't start game play.

All I think you can do is Select one player yellow guy on right - so you plug the stick in the right side; Select one player blue guy on the left - so you use the left joystick plug; and Select 2 players same time which the left blue player uses the left stick and the right yellow player uses the right stick.

If you only have 1 joystick plugged in the left side, select the left blue player and play a 1 player game and enjoy the speech taunts like the arcade version if you have an AtariVox+ with a speaker plugged into it which will only talk if plugged in the Right side joystick port. (Sorry no speech for two players same time). Maybe take turns in a one player game? :).

P. S. A lot don't know that Asteroids Selection 6 or is it 9 has less up/down vertical movement and more diagonal movement. As well as I just recently realized when it was mentioned that E.T. starts in hardest difficulty and version 2 is easier because there's one less person chasing you, and version 3 is easy difficulty as 3 doesn't have the scientist or the FBI people! It is wrong to start an adventure game mostly for kids off at hardest, but it was right to have the FBI and scientist at the start also like the movie. Imagine if no FBI or scientist chased you when you turned on the game. People would have said it is easy, but annoying that ET falls into pits a lot.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This is super cool. I have a feature request: can you swap the joysticks so that you can play a single-player game using the LEFT stick?

The Atari Flashback Portable is coming soon, and it only has a left stick. It would be fun to play this (or the original Wiz of Wor) on that device.

:D

You just hit Select until only the left side player is shown, and you can Reset that to start a game with the left stick.

You just hit Select until only the left side player is shown, and you can Reset that to start a game with the left stick.

Glad you aren't removing the option to use the right side.

I'm so used to it being that way I think I'd find it annoying NOT to have to use the right side now. :)

After all, that is the faithful configuration to the original. \m/

Keep up the great work guys!

-Tremoloman

• Like 1

Glad you aren't removing the option to use the right side.

I'm so used to it being that way I think I'd find it annoying NOT to have to use the right side now. :)

After all, that is the faithful configuration to the original. \m/

Keep up the great work guys!

-Tremoloman

But when you play the left side with AtariVox+ plugged in right side, then you will get the arcade speech! "The wee-zard of wor, ha ha ha ha."

• 9 months later...

So you guys...was this abandoned?

I hope not.

It would be my go-to AtariVox game along with "Man Goes Down".

I haven't done all 70 some speech strings. But I believe there is enough.

Who knew it said so much ?

Who knew what was said is scripted to what is onscreen, and also which maze you are in?

Who could understand or remember more than a few phrases? I don't, and I played the Arcade game a lot.

It is also about 2-players at the same time -- which can't have AtariVox.

Someone more advanced than CDS or myself needs to hack in the AtariVox speech, and any high score saves, unless it just gets released as a maze and sprite update with no speech.