IGNORED

Visual bB Committed Suicide

Cybearg

You sound technically savvy, Cybearg. Back up our stuff and install a fresh copy of Windows. Pending that you can fudge it by running bB in XP compatibility mode which is really a virtual machine. Either way guarantees zero software corruption from the previous install. This could be the first telltale sign your OS is going south.

I was thiking the same thing. You could get the free VMWare player and install a VM OS image that you could easily find by searching google. Of course, if you have a copy of Windows 7 that's not the home edition you can install XP mode as loon suggested. Reinstalling from scratch is painful, and I'm sure you'd rather find the root cause of the problem, but figuring out what your issue is seems rather elusive to everyone here so far.

Just to let folks know, I have the same issues, but I have been using Windows XP in VMware Player for my DPC+ stuff now. At least it's something. It's a bit slow, but Windows 7's XP Mode built-in VM is much, much slower. Too slow to run Stella properly.

On a side note, that repo statement apparently relates to this, which I found in the .lst file, though I don't know what caused it or how to fix it:

461  1aab    getbackearly
   462  1aab        a9 18       lda #<DF0FRACDATA
   463  1aad        85 0e       sta PF1 ;  69 (PF1L) too early?
   464  1aaf        4c 39 5a        JMP loop+$4000 ; 72
   465  1ab2
   466  1ab2       ifconst DPC_kernel_options
   467  1ab2    COLfound
   468  1ab2        ad 18 10        lda DF0FRACDATA
   469  1ab5        85 0e       sta PF1 ;  69 (PF1L) too early?
   470  1ab7        4c 39 5a        JMP loop+$4000 ; 72
   471  1aba       endif
   472  1aba
omega.bas.asm (473): error: Label mismatch...
--> repo 1ab2                  
   473  1aba    repo
   474  1aba        ac 1f 10        ldy DF7FRACDATA ; 65
   475  1abd        a9 18       lda #<DF0FRACDATA ; 67 preload PF1L for next line
   476  1abf   -       if ((>repo) > (>norepo))
   477  1abf   -       STA PF1
   478  1abf       else
   479  1abf        8d 0e 00        STA.w PF1 ; 71 ; sta.w if page doesn't wrap
   480  1ac2       endif

Yeah, the "error: Label mismatch" means that rom before the problem label shifted between passes. In this case its probably the conditional "ifconst DPC_kernel_options" block.

I'm at a loss as to why it's happening though. I can't reproduce it, and the dasm I'm using in Linux is usually very sensitive to rom shift.

Is the 1.1d bB directory is before any other bB directories in the PATH variable?

The garbled mess is a known bug with bB 1.1d, which I reported a little while back.

What your successful compile means is that you're having an issue with dasm+bB and shifting rom, instead of vbb. If you can compile on your other computers you should compare the dasm version there. (and make sure you don't have another dasm located earlier in your PATH)

If you just want to work around this, you can copy the stock DPCplus_kernel.asm over to your project directory and comment out the "ifconst DPC_kernel_options" and "endif" right before the repo line. (if you ever change to not using the collision option, you'll need to undo this)

If you just want to work around this, you can copy the stock DPCplus_kernel.asm over to your project directory and comment out the "ifconst DPC_kernel_options" and "endif" right before the repo line. (if you ever change to not using the collision option, you'll need to undo this)

The stock DPCplus_kernel.asm? Is there another version that will be incompatible?

So if I make this change, that'll fix the problem I've been having this whole time, but it will require the continued reliance on the kernel_option line, so if DPC+ ever gets fixed, I'll have to un-comment it again? Is that what you mean?

By stock, I mean the official one in your includes directory. If you copy it into the folder with your omega.bas file, bB will use it instead of the one in the includes directory whenever you build omega.bas.

If you use different directories for other basic files, it won't affect them. You'll only need to ditch the DPCplus_kernel.asm in the directory with omega.bas when batari has fixed things or if you decide not to use "set kernel_options collision" for that game.

But it would be better if you confirmed that your dasm is the same as your PCs/VMs without the compile issue.

I'm not running BB, but I am running Win7 64 bit with DASM. I compared my copy of DASM to the one in BB, the one from a "bBWin7_64bit" folder. I don't know where I got that from as BB is stored in a lot of places! Anyhow, the versions are different according to clonespy. You can try it out and see if it helps. It is likely an older version then the BB one. Be careful not to mix them up now!

dasm.zip

Still, this all seems like it is barking up the wrong tree. If it was working before, then what made it broken now?

Still, this all seems like it is barking up the wrong tree. If it was working before, then what made it broken now?

Beats me. It's rough because I didn't change anything--I just got a random crash and since then, no DPC+ stuff will compile, even though I've replaced essentially everything with confirmed working versions.