IGNORED

Capcoms D&D Arcades coming to PSN/XBLA!

Cybergoth

Excellent!!!!!!! This will save alot of wear and tear on my Saturn. Hands down one of my favorite games I have imported over the years. Too bad they never released it in the U.S. In fact most of my japanese Saturn games might have helped this system out if they came over here imo. Thanks for the heads up on this.

• Like 1

I am making a guess with the next xbox, but Sony has already said no BC for the PS4.

Oh, I didn't know that the PS4 will be generally incompatible. But on the XBOX it shouldn't be a problem I think, that would basically be just like an upgrade from one PC to another, no?

All plain theory though, practically I don't ever give a working console away, so I can just play it on the PS3 for years to come :)

The more the consoles look towards crippling DRM, the more compelled I am to just switch to PC. PC games might have some pretty bad DRM, but at least there's tons of cheap indy titles that are awesome. And Steam actually runs sales on their platform.

• Like 1

Really looking forward to these coming out. For those that've only played D&D 3rd Edition or later, these two games are based on 2nd Edition. Also, based on what was nicknamed "Original D&D" (where dwarves, elves, and halflings were considered classes instead of races, and a few other things were simplified some) expect some pretty brutal enemies and traps.

• Like 1

For those that've only played D&D 3rd Edition or later, these two games are based on 2nd Edition.

That's pretty meaningless for games like these. They're button mashers with a coat of thematic paint. About all it really means is that Displacer Beasts actually look like big badass panthers instead of wet and starving housecats.

Maybe so, but some actual strategies for certain monsters in the tabletop games do apply in the arcade games. Two examples are as follows: Displacer Beasts only project a shadow on the real enemy, not its copy (even in MAME, pay attention to the two). Same for beholders in the second game, as both the various eyes can cancel magic from in front and hit with various effects (such as Hold Person, Touch of Death, or Flesh to Stone). It's not as simple as you might think..

I just remember the troll boss where if you don't kill him with fire you have to keep fighting till NPCs help.

And Classic D&D is <3. I finally talked my group into trying it and it was brutal. One guy went through 4 characters in one adventure lol

• Like 2