IGNORED

Capcoms D&D Arcades coming to PSN/XBLA!

Cybergoth

• 3 weeks later...

I love the Saturn....but the Saturn version of this game _sucked_. I remember it taking so much time to load, and so frequently, it actually seemed like you spent more time waiting for loading between scenes than you did playing. I was soooo disappointed. Especially after how completely awesome X-men Vs Street Fighter was with the ramcart.

So this new release...looking damned fine. I'm in. Sold. Go Capcom. The Darkstalkers collection was fantastic, this will be another treat. And yes, seconding the motion above for a Power Stone collection. Or a Power Stone 3 if I may be so greedy.

And to brush up on my D&D skills, I'll have some goes at King of Dragons on the original Xbox Capcom Generations 2 disc. :)

• Like 1

Do these games have any value for the single-player gamer?

Depends on if you like to play hack-and-slash games alone. I enjoy them either alone or with a friend (though the latter tends to make these games more fun). So, if you can play Golden Axe or Knights of the Round or other similar games by yourself and have fun, then yes.

When I heard about this coming out, it made me consider selling my Saturn copy.

[/font][/color]

Depends on if you like to play hack-and-slash games alone. I enjoy them either alone or with a friend (though the latter tends to make these games more fun). So, if you can play Golden Axe or Knights of the Round or other similar games by yourself and have fun, then yes.

When I heard about this coming out, it made me consider selling my Saturn copy.

Selling the Saturn copy???? No no no no. Sure its gonna be one thing to play on XBL with friends....but the Saturn copy is a collectors item. I will never sell my copy.....just leave it in the vault.

Yeah, I know. I still have it, so right now, the side of me that wants to keep it is winning out. I'm lucky that I bought it back when it wasn't so expensive. I think I got it for $40, and it's tempting to turn a profit on it, but once that money's gone . . . what do I have?

I'm looking forward to having it in HD and in English on my PS3, though. I would get it on my 360, since I have four 360 controllers and only one PS3 controller, but I just hate the 360's D-pad too much, and I don't want it to ruin the experience.

Do these games have any value for the single-player gamer?

I'd dare say that's the only reasonable way to play the mage character. Playing alongside someone playing a spellcaster is incredibly irritating and frustrating, as the game pauses everytime they cast a spell. It ruins any rhythm or sense of action the game may be generating.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Bought my copy two days ago on launch, but didn't get around to play it yet. Since it supports 4 controllers at once, I wonder if I should buy 2 more Dualshocks now... :)

I didn't know it supported 4 players. Thats great news! Luckily I have 4 dualshocks over the years but one of them loses it's charge rather quickly.

Capcom Senior VP Says Dungeons & Dragons Is “Definitely Still Coming” To Wii U

Still waiting for Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara to land on your Wii U? Capcom’s senior vice president Christian Svensson says it is definitely coming, but there’s been a bit of a hold-up on Nintendo’s side waiting for a code approval. The two classic games were originally meant to be released yesterday, along with the release on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Steam, but when the new trailer was launched the description tag read coming “to the Nintendo eShop soon after”. Here’s what Svensson said in the Capcom Unity Boards:

“I don’t think we’ve received code approval from Nintendo just yet which is why we’ve been unable to confirm a date. It is definitely still coming so please do bear with us. The game is in submission. Stay tuned.”

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/06/20/capcom-senior-vp-says-dungeons-dragons-is-definitely-still-coming-to-wii-u/

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/29959945/wait-so-dnd-isnt-coming-to-wii-u-on-the-18th

• Like 1

Progress Report: I've completed everything regarding Tower of Doom by now - all challenges, all treasures. And I've played through Shadow over Mystara once with each character. There I'm down to 5 or 6 remaining challenges and I'm at 86% of treasures.

I think the challenges should be rather easy to complete, but completing treasures might become a tedious affair. The ones I'm still missing don't seem to be obtainable by random drops - I think they're hidden in secret places or only dropped when meeting certain in-game conditions.

EDIT: Just learned that the thief can also steal treasure from enemies, so I should probably do an extra run with her next :D

A friend was kind enough to give me a Steam copy of the game, and it's a pretty good Golden Axe/Final Fight style beat 'em up. I'm not crazy about the way the inventory is handled, but when you consider how much more complex the game is than the average brawler, I guess the developers didn't have many other options.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a lot of fun with this, mainly Shadow Of Mystara. Been working on finding items and using the various characters, as well as getting the challenges done (those also seem to be tied trophies, something I don't really care for, the trophies, not the challenges). I like taking multiple paths and finding the games secrets, but that last boss and his fiery breath, my oh my.

I bought the Simpsons and X-Men on PSN as well to go along with CoM, but those have seen far smaller amounts of game time. Something about these Capcom beat em ups that I love (besides Knights of the Round and King of Dragons, the latter seems like a prequel to the D&D arcade titles).

• Like 1

Been playing Shadows with the wife. We laugh at the cutscenes. She has never played this like I have so she was laughing. We also have X-Men and Simpsons and my kid likes playing these as well.

When all is over how many quarters would this game have stolen from me if I ever sat in the arcade to beat it? :P

• Like 1