IGNORED

HSC GOLD Medal Bracket

Vocelli

YUS. Very happy with this first score, it's higher, just slightly, than what I had for my highest the last time we played. Figuring out some tricks to the game, but still when the creature shoots out those drones, it's TOUGH in the later stages. One slip and you can lose 2-3 lives in a row, it's critical to collect extra lives early (you get one for every stage you clear without dying). Still, pretty good, I want to break at least 20K.

post-22322-0-84446200-1364362216_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

thanks Gorfy

1393 correction score does not qualify

post-34560-0-66044800-1364411353_thumb.jpg

I've had to move & can't play my ATARI !! at least for a while. bummer, but now at least I've learned how to use Stella--I'm impressed with it and now I can easily post my screenshots

Edited by S.BAZ
  • Like 1

thanks Gorfy

post-34560-0-66044800-1364411353_thumb.jpg

I've had to move & can't play my ATARI !! at least for a while. bummer, but now at least I've learned how to use Stella--I'm impressed with it and now I can easily post my screenshots

Hi S.BAZ

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you didn't meet one of the score requirements. The squirrel must get at least 750 points :(

In the original thread, Vocelli wrote this:

TRY TO HAVE THE BIGGEST POINT DIFFERENCE!

The only requirement is that the squirrel MUST score over 750 points.

I guess that it's better you find out now than at the end of the week!

OR did you simply post the wrong screenshot??

I hope you get more play time in this week. Good luck with the move!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you didn't meet one of the score requirements. The squirrel must get at least 750 points :(

In the original thread, Vocelli wrote this:

oh crap, thanks! I just saw someone else's post about that. no, I just overlooked it. here, I have another one to post for now & I'll follow it up with something better hopefully...

post-34560-0-95243500-1364416459_thumb.jpg

It's a fun game

1791=2871-1080

post-34560-0-89666100-1364461885_thumb.jpg

this game combines luck and skill. I'm just getting the hang of trying to stay alive while chasing squirrel and trying not to kill him while trying to steal all his points!

i really wonder what they did in week 13 to get those 3K+ scores???

1791=2871-1080

post-34560-0-89666100-1364461885_thumb.jpg

this game combines luck and skill. I'm just getting the hang of trying to stay alive while chasing squirrel and trying not to kill him while trying to steal all his points!

i really wonder what they did in week 13 to get those 3K+ scores???

Nice score, S.BAZ!

Those 3k bonus scores were individual scores for bonus -- the squirrel's score was not subtracted from those to qualify for the 3k bonus.

I have a feeling oyama might not be submitting a score for this one. It's not possible, really, to play this with a keyboard (Subterranea). In fact, it's downright impossible. No way you could do it via emulation without a USB joystick, and even then it needs to be a very responsive one for most players.

I have a feeling oyama might not be submitting a score for this one. It's not possible, really, to play this with a keyboard (Subterranea). In fact, it's downright impossible. No way you could do it via emulation without a USB joystick, and even then it needs to be a very responsive one for most players.

Here is my UNIQUE entry on 2600 Subterranea, because I didn't enjoyed this game - 8,324 (Game 1-1, Difficulty BB).

For this gameplay, I used EMU7800 (which supports 2600 AND 7800 games), and keyboard (Arrows to move, and X to fire).

Before starting this gameplay, I pressed F key to show Framerate and other statistics emulation - 2 3 14 4 16 7 60 0 4.

The most important number is the third, from right to left - 60, which is the framerate expressed in Hertz (the color format used is NTSC).

Default framerate is 60 for NTSC (North American Standard), and 50 for PAL (European Standard), depending on Region.

Since I'm not good at Subterranea and I didn't enjoyed it...

...I will wait the next Season of the NEW 2600 HSC, filming and posting more and more videos!

Edited by oyamafamily

Here is my UNIQUE entry on 2600 Subterranea, because I didn't enjoyed this game - 8,324 (Game 1-1, Difficulty BB).

For this gameplay, I used EMU7800 (which supports 2600 AND 7800 games), and keyboard (Arrows to move, and X to fire).

Before starting this gameplay, I pressed F key to show Framerate and other statistics emulation - 2 3 14 4 16 7 60 0 4.

The most important number is the third, from right to left - 60, which is the framerate expressed in Hertz (the color format used is NTSC).

Default framerate is 60 for NTSC (North American Standard), and 50 for PAL (European Standard), depending on Region.

Why did you talk about framerate? You acted before like you had no idea how to use these things but then you give detailed info about specs that only someone with thorough knowledge of emulation, including cheats, could pull out. You really are an odd sort...and not too clever at times. Anyway, that's actually a pretty decent score for keyboard, this game is just too fast if you don't use a joystick. Why don't you look into a USB joystick adapter to make your playing more fluid? You can use paddles with them too. RetroUSB makes one for the 2600. Check it out.

Edited by Stan

Wow, that's an impressive score! :-o

I think I can't jump higher, literally...

You can do it! I fully believe that 79-80K is possible in this game. I nailed the hurdles, hammer throw and high jump, but my dash, javelin and long jumps were not my best scores, but my loose CX-40 did help. :)

Edited by Deteacher