IGNORED

HSC GOLD Medal Bracket

Vocelli

Man I have a bad feeling about this round, I'm doome'd.

Dude, don't give up. It's just a matter of learning the nuances of the games. An like S.BAZ said, 2 weeks is plenty of time to figure them out. :) Last night, I devoted the night to Popeye...tonight, I'm going to work on Galaxian.

Edited by Deteacher

Tough Pop score to beat, man, fuck. Don't forget, since you missed the last round of it, there's actually a glitch in the first level, first loop. If you look you'll see what it is, it will give you over 115K with a simple trick, bloating your score to ridiculous levels without any effort. If you do it by accident, restart. Can't get back into my Galaxian groove either. Damn. But, here's a nice advance for Crackpots.

Crackpots: 63,830

post-22322-0-80802200-1365698328_thumb.jpg

Fuck that old score, pussy shit. Still can't get a good groove in Pop, that's a tough score to beat, Teach, though I got my highest of all time today. Also my all-time highs for Galaxian and Crackpots. Getting better. No picture for Pop, since I didn't beat your score. So far:

Galaxian: 35,690

Crackpots: 76,880

Popeye: 60,700

post-22322-0-81030100-1365722635_thumb.jpg

post-22322-0-11250900-1365722644_thumb.jpg

Tough Pop score to beat, man, fuck. Don't forget, since you missed the last round of it, there's actually a glitch in the first level, first loop. If you look you'll see what it is, it will give you over 115K with a simple trick, bloating your score to ridiculous levels without any effort. If you do it by accident, restart. Can't get back into my Galaxian groove either. Damn. But, here's a nice advance for Crackpots.

Crackpots: 63,830

Oh yeah, I know about the bug. In fact, I posted about it in a previous round of Popeye: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/172561-high-score-club-814-popeye/page__st__25 Post #31 :) Don't worry, I'm not going to take advantage of any bugs in the game. That's not how I roll. ;)

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I know about the bug. In fact, I posted about it in a previous round of Popeye: http://atariage.com/...ye/page__st__25 Post #31 :) Don't worry, I'm not going to take advantage of any bugs in the game. That's not how I roll. ;)

I accidentally did it my one run and got so pissed. At least it only happens on the first level, to my knowledge, never tried it on that part in later loops.

Fuck that old score, pussy shit. Still can't get a good groove in Pop, that's a tough score to beat, Teach, though I got my highest of all time today. Also my all-time highs for Galaxian and Crackpots. Getting better. No picture for Pop, since I didn't beat your score. So far:

Galaxian: 35,690

Crackpots: 76,880

Popeye: 60,700

I got some work to do. Galaxian is going to be the toughest one for me. I've cracked 100K on Crackpots, but that was a lucky game. I think I'm going to need another one of those between now and next Sunday. :(

I accidentally did it my one run and got so pissed. At least it only happens on the first level, to my knowledge, never tried it on that part in later loops.

No, it will do it on the 2nd time around too, but your score will be around 114K. Not sure about the 3rd time around, though.

I got some work to do. Galaxian is going to be the toughest one for me. I've cracked 100K on Crackpots, but that was a lucky game. I think I'm going to need another one of those between now and next Sunday. :(

Yeah that score I got there was largely messing around. I finally got to the point where it gets its fastest. It wasn't so bad, I actually sadly died on a green spider part. I'm good at the reds and greens, get most of my points there. Galaxian I have down pretty good, but I just seem to tire when I play it enough because it reaches a level of difficulty and then just keeps going. Crackpots at least keeps you on your toes.

Edited by Stan

Groan, I ALMOST gave up last night. I had three rounds of some of the worst playing I've ever done. Got some incredibly unlucky runs in Crackpots where I'd get 3-4 spiders running up to a window to a side I couldn't reach, completely miffed my Galaxian run (was doing awesome), and couldn't even get past the first stage on the second loop of Popeye. Just horrible. Need to take a slight break.

I haven't been able to improve on my scores either. Scored around 25K on Galaxian last night and around 75K on Popeye. I had to take a break on Crackpots for the same reason as you.

Yeah you get that one bad run and it's so disheartening, especially later in the game when you've worked so hard. That's the one thing I don't like about it, there's a pretty big luck factor involved.

Getting to the breaking point here.... Seriously about ready to uppercut Crackpots out the window, I HATE, absolutely hate, the random elements of it. I'll be doing awesome, full wall, and then get hit by a few rounds of multiple spiders heading up a window when I'm all the way on the other side. I keep getting just barely close to 80K and then that's it. Increased my Popeye score, and happy with my progress, but still so far away from Teach, that's a tough ass score to beat.

Popeye: 77,650

• Like 1

Getting to the breaking point here.... Seriously about ready to uppercut Crackpots out the window, I HATE, absolutely hate, the random elements of it. I'll be doing awesome, full wall, and then get hit by a few rounds of multiple spiders heading up a window when I'm all the way on the other side. I keep getting just barely close to 80K and then that's it. Increased my Popeye score, and happy with my progress, but still so far away from Teach, that's a tough ass score to beat.

Popeye: 77,650

An extra 'Like This' point to 'Teach and Stan. You guys are battling right to the very end. I'm still watching and I'm proud of you both.

• Like 1

I've been playing all week and no progress to report. I've been focusing on Galaxian and can't do much better than 25K. I played some Popeye and couldn't get into a groove...and I accidentally triggered that stupid bug on round 4. According to the report, it happens after you catch 8 hearts...I had 11 and triggered the 114K bug...so I had to throw out that attempt. :(

I'm done for the night...but I'll hit it again tomorrow after work.

Edited by Deteacher