IGNORED

NEW HSC CLUB CHAMP and announcing Season 2

Vocelli

I agree with the rare thing only because some people who play on real hardware don't have some of these titles, because they're rare. However, don't be fooled, some rare and hard-to-find games are quite good. Subterranea is one, though not mega rare, and some of Commavid's titles like Stronghold and Cakewalk are ace.

I have a Subterranea but it's a very difficult game to win.

Alot of resellers and a few other jerks keep buying the same damn rare games over and over. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :mad:

• Like 1

As I understood, we're going to have all the game types chosen by Vocelli and our suggestions, which can fit any type.

So beyond the homebrews, I pick for the players suggestions: Juno First (another homebrew :grin:).

I chose this because it's a good game, I don't have it yet, it's still available and it can use the atarivox (which will be realead again!). I pick from this thread.

nice job gorfy! not surprised, you,re always whoopin ass

also glad tosee u back deteacher, pullin ahead of you didnt quite seem right!

LOL! Thanks! :)

Free time is scarce these days...but summer vacation is coming soon. What time I do get right now goes toward maintaining the Arcade/MAME HSC. I don't want to let those folks down, so I try to stay on top of that the best I can. :) I'm hoping to find time to be more consistent in my competing though.

I think the plan seems well rounded, but I understand the inclination towards games accessible on hardware. I hope to have a Harmony cart soon and I will be good to go, 'case "real hardware" just means the console to me. Some homebrews like Chunkout would not be too much of a disadvantage using a keyboard / emulator. Thanks for the efforts Vocelli!

my suggestions for games for the next season !! (thank you too Vocelli for hosting the HSC !!!)

classics

Dig Dug

Mario Bros

Joust

(runner up) -- Galaxian never mind i see you all just played it

top 20

Pitfall II -- high score or speed run options!! (has HSC ever played for a speed run on this game?)

Yars' Revenge

H.E.R.O.

random selections

Mr. Do's Castle

Gravitar

Q-Bert

(runner-up) -- Spacemaster X-7

i don't have a homebrew suggestion because I've never played one! but I look forward to it. I prefer to play on my Atari & have a low budget but I'm interested in these as well and I'm liking Stella since I've been forced to use emulation for a little while.

for paddle games I'll suggest KABOOM! because it's my favorite one and I've never gotten around to getting much practice at it.

rarely played

Montezuma's Revenge

Double Dragon

Kung Fu Master

(and a runner up) -- a 2nd vote for I WANT MY MOMMY

anything goes (just more random suggestions basically)

Marauder

Wing War

Astroblast -- (has HSC ever played this on the hardest difficulty? Left: A, Right: A - it's awesome!! exciting)

Games I also loved growing up: Frogger, Asteroids, Space Invaders, Berzerk, Centipede, Millipede and Defender & Ms. Pac-Man

Edited by S.BAZ

My primary suggestion is to select games that have not been played in the hsc or that have not been played in a long time.

I suggest Stellar Track as something different to be played. The scoring would have to be done differently than usual, but I don't think that would be a problem. The question is whether people would want to invest the time up front to read the manual and learn the game. The manual is comparatively lengthy, and you really can't play the game unless you read it.

I also second S.BAZ's suggestion of Spacemaster X-7, but I think a ceiling should be placed on the scoring. I've heard of some people playing one game of that all day long.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have to play in this.

congrats Gorfy btw.

as for homebrews all you need is look on the forum for the harmony packs that rom hunter or Implaer

posted and then put it on the sd card and use the harmony cart to play on actual system. I think Implaer has like every game

in his pack including worship the wood grain games.

I my self love the homebrews for the 2600 which was why I started the harmony games last year for VGS and restarted it

as normal HSC for AVC Online.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...