IGNORED

Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble on GCN

I was on Amazon reading a review of the Wii's Kirby Anniversary package, mostly because I was surprised I hadn't bought it yet.

One reviewer mentioned a list of excluded Kirby games, including Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble (GBC). He mentioned that the particular game only works correctly in an actual Gameboy Color due to the gyro-control sensors being built into the cartridge itsellf, and that playing the gamee on a GBA SP would result in backwards controls, and that playing it on a GCN would require the player to pick up the Gamecube and tilt it!

So then that got me thinking, "What if someone made an extension cord to the cartridge slot using a ribbon cable?" The player would plug one end into the GCN and hold the other end (with cartridge inserted) in his/her hands. This would allow the user to correctly control the game.

But then, I realized that the player still needed to hold a controller to press some of the buttons. Then I started brainstorming some kind of Frankenstein's monster contraption which would incorporate the controller buttons and a cartridge slot. But now I'm just searching eBay for the cart since I already own a GBC. lolz.

• 2 weeks later...

I played it on the gamecube before. I mean, the system is light enough (and only reads the disc on start up I'm pretty sure) that you can pick it up and turn it and whatever.

Not that you really would want to, but you can.

As for playing with the SP, try using a game shark (or similar device) You don't need codes, just run it sans code, and the orientation of the cart is corrected.

Like an above poster said though, you can get used to the odd orientations. It just depends on if the game is worth the hassle to you or not.