IGNORED

WTB: Revenge Of Shinobi v1.00

HappehLemons

Looking to buy Revenge Of Shinobi v1.00 for Sega Genesis.

To tell if you've got version 1.00 the start up screen should look this this (this means it MIGHT be a 1.00)

original-shinobi1.jpg

And the enimeies on level 3 should look like this (Not bald men) (This means it definitely is version 1.00)

original-shinobi2.jpg

Thanks for anyone who can boot it their copies and test them for me to see if they have it.

Prefer CIB, but obviously this can be hard to find so I can't be to picky :)

To tell if you've got version 1.00 the start up screen should look this this (this means it MIGHT be a 1.00)...

That screen shot has the correct 1989 copyright, but it's from the Japanese version of the game. Unless you're looking specifically for the Japanese release, this should be mentioned because it might confuse people.

The North American version 1.00 title screen looks like this...

post-9346-0-21930200-1365700006_thumb.gif

Huh, I don't think I knew about there being a character patterned after Rambo in the 1.00 version. I just knew about Batman and Spider-Man.

This was one of my favorite games back in the day. Maybe I should boot up the v 1.00 version on my Everdrive and see if I can finish it again after . . . 20+ years.

Good luck with your search!

I have this game, specifically because I ran out and bought it the minute it became available at Toys R Us. But sorry, I don't sell anything of mine ever. :P

That screen shot has the correct 1989 copyright, but it's from the Japanese version of the game. Unless you're looking specifically for the Japanese release, this should be mentioned because it might confuse people.

If I recall correctly it's just like Ghouls & Ghosts and the Japanese and English versions are the same where the title screen will be different depending on whether you start it in a Mega Drive or Genesis. But I don't know for sure.. I'm just a casual player, really. :)

Well I guess that was easy to confirm. I found the ROM and started it in GENS and sure enough, if you set it to USA or Japan will affect the title screen. Same game. :)

Correct...it is the same game otherwise. Neither version of the game is region locked, so whether the game is played on a Japanese or American system will determine whether the "Super Shinobi" or "Revenge of Shinobi" title screen is displayed. My point was that the OP makes it seem as if the North American version 1.00 cartridge displays the Japanese "Super Shinobi" title screen. He didn't explain exactly what you're supposed to be looking for (the 1989 copyright info).