IGNORED

TMNT Turtles in Time SNES

Ataridroid

sold my mint CIB original for less than $20 a few years ago. Prices (perceived or not) on some of this stuff, is truly befuddling today.

This is easily the cheapest buy it now on ebay or amazon. A few years ago is just that and whether you believe it or not this stuff is getting harder and harder to come by. As far as MI goes I buy tons of stufff each week for my collection and sell off extras as people hate spliting up lots. In the last 10 years i have run across this game three times. In that same span i have run across earthbound 5 times and megaman x2 6 times bothh valued much higher and considered more rare.I have had like 6 pms about it with offers and i gladly entertain them.

<p>

<br />

Isn't $38 a bit steep<br />

<br />

</p>

Nope. : )

Edited by Ataridroid
  • Like 1

It really just depends on whether you get lucky on eBay or not; you might get one for as low as $15-$20 if you hit a listing that ends in off-hours. Current BINs are pretty much worthless as a data point, as any that haven't been bought yet are naturally sitting because they're priced higher than the market is willing to pay. It's only relevant to look at the completed listings, as this shows final auction prices and the BINs that have actually sold.

That being said, I priced TMNT a couple months back, and it was averaging in the low $30s (after shipping), so $38 shipped might be close to the going rate now. But seeing as this is AA, I think it's generally expected that sellers here will do at least a few bucks better than what you find on eBay. Otherwise, what's the point of buying from a private seller as opposed to someone on eBay where you have tons of buyer protections?

Edited by gzsfrk
  • Like 2

I don't know, people get mad when someone posts a game is worth less than the seller is asking/etc but on the other hand....if it truely is "worth" what they are asking it's going to sell and no amount of thread shitting is going to change that. I couldn't care less if people posted my prices were steep (although they never have so I guess I price fair) but I just think of it as a fair trade for not having to deal with Ebay's outrageous fee's and BS. I mean you basically get to sell stuff for free here right? So a few people chime in and say your price is a bit steep, big whoop, if it's the cheapest price on Ebay/Amazon then you always have that market to go to ;)

Some games are rare; some are sought after. Both means the price will creep up. TMNT is one of those games everyone had and therefore one most collectors go after first. Zelda games aren't rare either, but the prices keep edging up slowly. I also figure a great deal of TMNT owners skewed younger so carts may have had a rougher go of it and less boxes surviving as well. Mint would be then harder to find.

Like comics from the 60's: DC readers skewed younger so finding a true mint DC book from that era is harder than finding a key mint Marvel book from the same time as Marvel readers were slightly older, even college aged.

All that said, good luck on your sale.

Just so everyone knows this sold about 4 days ago for the $38 to an atariage member.

Thanks for all the input and comments though guys.

Nice job bud. Glad it worked out!

You know, I had this game as a kid too. I still play it on emo, it runs pretty good. My fondest memories were playing it in the arcade however, where you could drop a quarter in and jump in on a random dude's game. It would be one of those things where you were getting your ass handed to you by a dozen foot soldiers and then some random 10 year old you'd never met before would jump in and save the day! :D