IGNORED

anyone excited about the upcoming (fall) Xbox 720?

jd_1138

So the 720 will just be a PC in a fancy box?

In the same way that the Dreamcast, Xbox, PS2, Xbox 360 and the PS3 were.

You forgot the "Consoles are going to die soon because there is no need for them" part of that statement. It's been 15 years since people have been using that one, gotta be any day now. 8)

I'm looking forward to seeing what it has to offer, come the 21st. Asides from that though, no, I doubt I'll actually be excited to get it. I'm stretched pretty thin with gaming right now, so I don't have a desire to add yet another console to my collection. That is, unless it can wash my dishes, vacuum my floor, AND do my laundry for me. That would be pretty sweet. ;)

They can throw me a bone and make it cross-play with Windows 8 apps(games). I have some games from the Win8 store that I paid a few bucks for. I didnt bother with Pinball FX since I have it on the 360 but it would be cool if you can play Windows8 games on the console and vice versa under your account.

• Like 1

Don't give them any ideas :D

didn't this idea die with the Neo Geo?

I still remember the sticker shock of walking in the mecca that was Toys R Us when I was a kid and seeing the Neo Geo pricing... anyone remember the tickets you had to get to buy something and then they'd go to the backroom at checkout to get the product? the only thing like that nowadays is Costco.

.. anyone remember the tickets you had to get to buy something and then they'd go to the backroom at checkout to get the product?

Video game shopping at Toys R' Us in the 80's was brutal. I remember at every one I went to you paid with the ticket and then given the ticket back and walked over to the glass cage where an employee (sometimes) was and you had to wait for him to blindly search for the game among the stacks. Ugh...

I think they still do that glass cage thing but its in its own Video Game department area rather than up front by the registers.

Video game shopping at Toys R' Us in the 80's was brutal. I remember at every one I went to you paid with the ticket and then given the ticket back and walked over to the glass cage where an employee (sometimes) was and you had to wait for him to blindly search for the game among the stacks. Ugh...

I used to have that job. Basically ruined my hand because very few tickets were printed out at the time and you had to fill out most of them yourself by hand. My hand is still crampy from filling out all of those tickets. I used to be able to draw, but Toys R us killed that.

I used to have that job. Basically ruined my hand because very few tickets were printed out at the time and you had to fill out most of them yourself by hand. My hand is still crampy from filling out all of those tickets. I used to be able to draw, but Toys R us killed that.

Wow, that sucks....but at least it must have been pretty cool surrounded by tons of games.

I'm pretty sure every console ever made was/is a PC in a fancy box. Example: A400/800 guts are in the 5200.

And the Xbox360 only has 1/2 a gig in it.

And it plays amazing games.

I'm sure the 8gigs in the next Xbox will be fine.

Ohh and yes, I'm very excited for the 21st reveal.

Games I'd like to see on the next box.

Burnout Paradise 2

Red Redemption 2

Sonic Generations 2

Ummmm maybe some new IP also.

I'm sure ill think of more after its shown.

I can't same I'm excited about either next gen console. Then again I didn't own a console between the Sega Genesis and Xbox 360 so I can probably live without another generation as well. I'll probably end up with the Nextbox or PS4 in a few years once there are lots of games to be had for cheap.

Wow, that sucks....but at least it must have been pretty cool surrounded by tons of games.

Yep, that was cool. The NES was king and I was pushing the Atari 7800 on anyone who would listen. I bet there are at least a dozen kids who got an Atari 7800 instead of an NES because of me and they probably still wish me dead. :D

• Like 2

Yep, that was cool. The NES was king and I was pushing the Atari 7800 on anyone who would listen. I bet there are at least a dozen kids who got an Atari 7800 instead of an NES because of me and they probably still wish me dead. :D

I remember the Atari fanboy in me tried to justify that the Atari XEGS was better than the NES. How could you go wrong? It ran all your Atari 8-bit software. It had a light gun. Detachable keyboard. Proven architecture for programmers who would be reinvigorated by a device that would be perceived as new by a generation that had never seen an Atari 8-bit computer. etc. etc. I remember seeing it behind the glass at TRU. Grabbing a ticket and telling my dad how great it would be. Luckily my dad controlled the money or else I would've been stuck with a horrible decision that only a kid would make. Already because of me we had bought an Atari 1200XL and then an Atari 1040STf. After that, it was dad making the final decisions on computing purchases. Once he said we were going PC from then on, I haven't looked back (loved our first PC; ran Doom great).

Depends on tomorrow's annoucement and what rumors are really true or BS. I be more excited if...

1) They don't mess with the controller. Tweeking is fine, and please fix the d-pad. I don't want some gimicky thing with a little screen on it or worse, a tablet.

2) Except for games that require it, keep Kinetc optional. Also, redesign it so I don't have to be 8 feet away. Not all of us live in a large house.... or houses free of clutter.

3) Use physical media for the big games. Downloads are fine for the quick arcade games, but we are all going to be facing download caps sooner or later, so don't force me to download a 40 gig game.

4) Allow used games

5) Allow me to keep my gamer score and achievements.

6) Ads are already cluttering up the current dash for the 360.. even if I have gold. Have gold subscribers live free of ads

7) No constant internet connection required to allow me to play the games I have purchases

I just want to see teh grafx.

I'd love to see jaw-dropping draw distances and non-player characters that look amazingly real and act like they have more smarts than a lizard with brain damage. In other words, NPCs that look and act a whole heck of a lot better than what you find in Skyrim and GTA-style games. These new games should be so good you'd swear you were looking at a live video feed of people walking down the street. But we'll get the same old crap with a few more polygons like we always do.